WoW Is Better Than FFXIV

If you’re rushing to end-game and skipping all cutscenes and dialogs then FF might not be the best game for you.

It’s not that the end-game is bad but the game puts its story at the center of everything and is not shy about locking its best features behind story completion, as you’ve no doubt noticed if you’re level 60. And there’s a lot of it. So if the end-game is your only goal then you might find the experience miserable.

2 Likes

So far it is kinda miserable, but at least I can play the game, gear and progress my character’s power. Hard to even play wow because the content I enjoy requires other people to actually be playing in large numbers, and the level I enjoy playing it at requires those players be pretty dang good at the game. So I spend most of my time on wow putting together groups that either don’t happen, or fail within a few minutes because people suck

2 Likes

Sounds like MMOs…

The only thing I miss from FFXIV is Thancred :sob:. FFXIV has its other good parts, but it didn’t capture my attention quite like WoW has for the past 15 years…

Not true at all, the community is just not as aggressive as the WoW community. Blizzard should have TOS like FFXIV, maybe the a holes and I am better than you people would go away. Yes and screw damage meters and raider io. etc.

1 Like

O man you are missing out on some of the best content. Post ARR that is, ARR does get good near the very end.

I actually tried to play FF14 before I came back to WoW and I literally could not figure out how to create an account. The game has like a mid 2000s MMO website look. I gave up on it.

1 Like

I’ll name one for each that does better than the other.

Wow - The transmog system is better than ff14 glam system which is limited to 400 items you can keep in ff14 currently.

FF14 - Can play all classes, crafters, and gathers on one character. So you dont have to create a new toon/switch to another toon when you decided to play a different class.

That’s a hard no.

I made the mistake of doing that and now the women wont let me go. Every time I try they drag me back saying some stuff that chairs dont get to level :sob: :sob: :sob:

if ff14 had solid pvp i’d be pretty interested in trying it

1 Like

The most fun I had PvPing was actually in SWTOR.

3 Likes

I know what you meant. It was even worse for me because I needed to link my Playstation account and couldn’t figure out why the password wasn’t working. That was when I really missed the battle.net launcher.

I remember I had to create a trial account and then create a mog account and it just was so convoluted. Couldn’t even get any help on google. I’ve never seen an MMO that had a more convoluted method of creating an account before in my entire life.

Confirmed. Nerf demon hunters.

Something else i’ve been meaning to try, but WoW is addicting and it’s hard to start new games when there’s achievments to do

FFXIV’s story is better.

WoW’s story is a recycled garbage with no creativity.

5 Likes

WoW is addicting, but I also quit playing for a decade, and was playing other MMOs inbetween that. I’m only back to give Shadowlands a try and if I get bored I’ll just move on again.

WoW is just superior to every other MMO I’ve played mainly because of how much content and how polished the game is. I mean its 2020 and WoW is like the only MMO that lets you use addons? Come on.

SWTOR, Aion Online, GW2, etc. are all at their core WoW clones. These games are basically designed so that anyone that knows how to play WoW can just login and be familiar.

Eventually these games just ran into content droughts. You can only do fractals and WvW in GW2 for so long before getting bored and SWTOR morphed into some f2p singleplayer game that basically just did what WoW did at the launch: raids and warzones (bgs). Aion online had no endgame at all. At most I was playing these MMOs for like 4-6 months before I got bored.

1 Like

I find the way FFXIV delivery the story is better, specially since it doesn’t require you to read book outside of the game to understand it, that’s a good plus in FFXIV direction.

However there’s a big difference in how the game is played. FFXIV is slower, and arguibally easier with more scripted fights. PVE in WoW is more engaging and even though I see in WoW we’re only now pushing Healers to DPS, and in FFXIV that’s a given, the combat for a healer perpective in FFXIV with the DPSing is a lot … less engaging with less things to worry or care about. You plan how the fight goes and the best bot wins, WoW has more moving part and that feeling isn’t felt as much.

1 Like

The ending experience of A Realm Reborn made me quit the game. Unskippable cutscenes and text dialogue which is fine because it’s the ending of the base game. But players found a way to skip unskippable cutscenes and text dialogue through DC’ing and reconnecting. So here I am getting notified that this boss has been engaged, killed, and they continue to beat the entire dungeon. Literally the entire dungeon before I can do anything. That crap pissed me off, screw that. That was so dumb. And every cutscene and dialogue before this could be skipped. Man I got so mad, still salty, screw that game