WoW Is Better Than FFXIV

It’s good to know that i didn’t waste my time then, honestly i just want that wonder i had when i first started playing the game again and i’m seriously hoping that shadowlands is good, i can’t express enough how much i want to like it. Lowest participation i’ve had since i started

WoW is better if you enjoy player power progression.

14 is better if you like main story, crafting, housing, and glamours.

I still find charm in playing old-school MMOs though like Ragnarok Online, Lineage 2, and Priston Tale. These were the baby mmos before the big boys showed up on the block.

I started with some real wildlife game Asheron’s Call.

Talk about “do whatever the F you want” it was just totally sandbox out there.

Eh, I would have enjoyed FFXIV raid healing a lot more if it was NOT about doing DPS on 98% of your GCDs and even saving Asize for the DPS portion instead of the healing.

Dungeon healing was actually okay because a tank pulling 3 packs takes so much damage that you actually had to balance between healing and damage and it was a lot more engaging. But raid healing in FFXIV is like… the most boring healing I’ve ever done in an MMO.

I’m very worried about seeing this stupid meta making its way into WoW. I generally think that DPS classes are way more fun in FF14, but healers, absolutely not.

We can thank the dynamics of the fights for that not happening, there’s always damage going on.
Also in wow, even though the battles are scripted, there’s a LOT of moving parts and the raid damage is also A LOT higher… at FFXIV there’s literally times when nothing is taking damage, even the tanks which is mind blowing.

I really don’t think that going to happen in WoW

FFXIV is great for its story. Its end-game content can be challenging. Housing is pretty neat. Its glamour system is awesome.

But it isn’t for everybody. It starts off slow. More folks than none will believe it’s hard to get into because of how slow everything starts to ramp up.

It’s got an unlimited trial and you can level up to 60 on all classes (except for Red Mage, Samurai, Gunbreaker, and Dancer of course). There really is no reason not to try it out.

Where in WoW can this be encountered? Not trying to be combative, all I ever see in public channels is trolls trolling trolls with the same material they’ve been using since forever… very little cleverness or originality. In non-guild groups everybody is either silent or irate about how everybody but themselves are doing things wrong.

I actually meant in the forums. Sorry if I was not clear. :slightly_smiling_face: