WoW Is Better Than FFXIV

I created one character and leveled it up and then realized I wasn’t going to enjoy it at a higher level, so I made another and was happy with it until I ran into the Dungeon problem.

I would just like to mail the Gil I generated on the 1st character to the main character and then delete the 1st character. The Gil will help the other character out, that’s why I’m asking.

I do thank everyone for their help, it is very appreciated.

The gil you probably have is very minimal at that level (no offense) seeing as the first dungeon is around level 16, doing the MSQ from ARR through Heavensward will likely net you 1 million gil just from the quests.

Okay thank you very much voidarcane. I appreciate all your insight and help.

/# Everyone stay safe & healthy. Night.

1 Like

Really the only reason I still play WoW is mythic+. Without it I would be playing FF14 as my only mmo.

1 Like

I am considering doing this once I get bored of SL… can you elaborate on why?

I could never get into FF14. Like… I’ve tried for my friends several times but I just really don’t like that game.

WoW and ESO are my mmos of choice atm. Waiting to give Ashes a shot when it comes out though.

I finally got FFXIV running again in Linux.
For a time we could not, since the launcher page would not display to patch.

I didn’t mess around in it for long, though. I forgot I’m stuck at level 55 outside a Main Story Quest dungeon; as in this game, I’m not super keen on grouping and it takes some time to get the queue into that dungeon.

I was initially excited because I heard there are “NPC companions” for dungeons, now, but then I saw no option to use them. In further research, I found those are only for the new expansion (like level 70 and up stuff.) I am actually thinking about paying for the scenario skip, but I kind of wanted to level up generically.

The NPCS are supposed to be pretty good, as party members.

I’m a 'lil dragoon Lalafell cutie.

ffxiv is just one of the best games around. square and sony care about we the players and go out of there way to make sure we are happy.

unlike blizz who does whatever they want and micro$oft/badhesda who are busy making scams with e$o and failout 76

1 Like

What you says sounds about right.

I personally loved it and felt a lot more engaged with it (especially heavensward) but my bestie didn’t like it at all.

We both agree with you in regards to the engine though. Deal breaker for me.

There is no way to avoid grouping in FF14. Even with the option to group with NPCs in Shadowbringer for dungeons, you still need to group for trials. Older dungeons are mostly facerolls anyway. Just do it once and done with it.

Blm lb3 is bad tbh. You need to rdm lb3 and blind everyone ;p

1 Like

I savage raid in xiv, I’m an omnicrafter, I’ve done every sidequest and I’ve gotten every job to max level. I’ve done it all.
Story? FF tells it a hundred times better. It’s more cohesive, ordered, emotional, and personal. It’s brilliant.
Raiding? Savage is more punishing than heroic in WoW, but everything is also on a perfect timer. A boss will always do a certain thing at a certain time and it’s pure memorization to avoid all the instant kills.
FF’s combat is a bit slower but with many more buttons to press to be optimal. Healers are expected to DPS. It’s really a different animal. However, WoW often feels tighter and more responsive, though not nearly as flashy.
Much of the open world looks better in FF, but most zones aren’t instanced in WoW. FF has a better character creator, WoW has better races for the most part. Again, it’s personal preference. I think FF has better music.
They each bring their own things to the table and can coexist just fine. Both have things they’re great at and things they aren’t so great at.
The dev teams both seem to like each other. Yoshida is a huge Blizzard fan.
The animosity only exists among the players. Neither is best, and neither is awful.
For the Horde, til Sea Swallows All

4 Likes

Gripes about cat people while playing a Panda like a full-on furry lmao. K.

1 Like

Well of course it’s better. It’s better than anything else out there really.

You have wow to thank for that. Wow changed the modern mmo into making the entire game a boring face roll until end game. I’m playing wow for the first time since MoP and getting this pally to 77 has me questioning buying shadow lands cause I’m so bored. FF14 has tons of boring fetch quests and the classes are even boring up until lvl 50, but that’s when the game starts to shine. Realm reborn sucked, the expansions are everything, and once you get to that level you start to see how much better the class designs are compared to wow.

1 Like

This thread blew up in an odd way.

Sadly, this, I think with Wrath and finally Cata, the leveling to cap was so easy and so mindless that it just… became the norm.

Classic was refreshing because it was a nice experience to level and take my time again.

Preaching to the choir, aren’t we

1 Like

At least now ARR is pruned so you aren’t turbo fetch questing your way up. It’s a terrible slog back then and I can only hope it’s much less boring to go through lol. It was really hard to get newbies to play because of the quest line of ARR was just that bad.

If anyone wanna chime in and tell me how better it is, I’m pretty curious.

3 Likes

Honestly I like both, the only thing is story wise I have no idea what the heck the story is in FFXIV. I remember playing it on launch day and had a lot of fun since there was a lot of people learning to do stuff and doing FATEs. But after a bit I got kinda lost in what I should do and the story didn’t really stick to me.

BUT I do like how FFXIV does things, I like how the jobs work and that you can swap them to play different classes. I love love love how the armor/vanity stuff is, though I haven’t played in years I see crossover raids like the one for Nier Automata and I love how you can get and wear gear from that game [ Man I wish WoW could/would do something like this .:frowning: ]. Story wise WoW isn’t the best but at least to me it seems easier to latch onto and follow.

For abilities/classes and stuff I can’t say since I know i’m not the best player in this game to judge, hell I only started using weapon enchants and gems in this games recenetly… [ Yes so bad I know, how in the heck did I play with out them for so long???].

1 Like