WoW Is Better Than FFXIV

Different stories resonate with different people. Some themes people will absolutely love while others despise. You wont know if you will enjoy the FFXIV story until you play it, and in your case you didn’t enjoy it.

It definitely depends on what part you do, but the story is very involved and coherent - unlike WoW’s. It’s also not as cliche, in some ways.

The engine is slow, I agree - but WoW’s engine is so simplistic and bland that its smoothness is all it has.

This I’ll agree with. The, “professions” are all super good.

1 Like

For real, the professions are very involved and the overhaul has made them easier to get into. I’ve maxed out all of my professions.

Same. I leveled all to cap and melded them in SB and ShB pre-Ishgard. It was just fun, and I enjoyed it. Leveling them all 1-50 was also really fun.

You don’t have to level all of them to a minimum 50 now, but before the overhaul I really enjoyed it.

It makes me utterly despise WoW in general because of how hollow and so top-focused on raiding it is.

1 Like

have you ever reached max level yet?

Most of the people who come hear to complain about 14 can’t get further than ARR lol

1 Like

that statement in itself proves how bad FFXIV is. I tossed FFXIV in the trash due to the lack of visual asthetics to abilities like wow does, fire looks like fire in wow, a fire spell in FFHIV looks like a red twinkle like wtf

Well with the recent overhaul to ARR, if they can’t get past ARR now then they really have no right to complain XD

1 Like

And that’s where i stop taking you seriously since you apparently couldn’t even get to the point of unlocking fire 4 or flare lol

3 Likes

Let alone seeing a LB3 go off or using it.

wow is really meh atm

2 Likes

Tried it, after a 2 hour wait I logged off and ended my sub.

I play both. Two separate games for different aesthetic play styles. When WoW has it’s dry spells of patches and I’ve caught up on the content on my Main I would venture over to FFXIV to play around on my DRG, WHM, or GNB to pass the time and get caught up on the story. Saying WoW will always be the superior MMO is a bit unwise since Blizzard team have issues on Class balancing through a given expansion and focus too hard on borrowed power. Eg) Corruption, Essences, and Azerite Traits–>made several classes a tad OP as the Destruction Warlock in BG’s while Monks Mistweavers and Windwalkers got sorely overlooked through the duration of BFA. And just like for most WoW won’t be everyone’s cup of tea or any other MMO for that matter.

1 Like

FF14 starts really slow. They revamped it recently but prior to the revamp it was a lot of fetch quest for the entire story of the original release. It gets better as progress into the first expansion.

If you like crafting FF14 blows WoW out of the water.

If you enjoy PvP then FF14 isn’t an option.

Hmmm wonder if there was server issues (like a DDOS), I’ve never seen a Duty Finder queue that went over an hour as a DPS (I usually don’t see one that is over 15 mins long as a DPS, if its not at a prime time in the dead of night thats when I’ve seen an hour long queue).

Also depends on when you played. The Duty Finder Roullette rewards are desirable which will place high or max level characters to fill your queue up fast.

Is this even English? What are you talking about

Well I tried FFXIV awhile ago and I usually was trying to do stuff more in the day time when I had free time.

That might have been why, but anytime I logged on I was pretty much the only one in the lower zone.

Not sure maybe I’ll give it another try again.

The good news is they expanded their free trial account system. You can now play free with a level cap of 60 and can do all of Heavensward content.

That sound pretty cool, did they ever allow you to mail Gil to your other characters or is that still not an option.

I mean why have other characters. You can play all of the classes (jobs) on 1 character. But ya you can mail gil to other people, I only have 1 character so I don’t know if you can mail it to yourself. Also the Free Trial account prevents access to sending mail to prevent RMT’s.