Wow heading for another wave of player loss

This all boils down to the cash grab. Most lore enthusiasts won’t quit and there are many people who will pay for this race change. It upsets me, but it is true.

Is there actually any loss of value to disenfranchise those who are devoted to the world? Will a less involved lore following who keeps wowpedia up to date cost you any money? I’m not sure…
:smiling_face_with_tear:

WoW has lore? Ba-bakana…

It would be pretty stupid to quit cause the times have changed and the devs are making the gameplay part of WoW more inclusive and less restrictive. Since cross-faction stuff has been introduced, my guild has grown and my friends list has grown but I am to believe people are quitting cause my guild has a cross-faction member that wants to play a lightforged warlock? Wut?

If anything, people are quitting so they can play other games or they are just bored with the current content. Not for some lore…

1 Like

Negative.

Doesn’t mean anything to why they named them Mag’har.

Wrong again. Because when they game Belves gold eyes, they stated that the reason Orcs had green skin was a massive exposure to fel.

According to them there are different levels of exposure and some Belves were only passively exposed.

Same would apply to Mag’har. So just give them glowing green eye customization.

And anyways, our characters don’t exist in lore, just a general hero.

2 Likes

its not a cash grab what? People have been asking for more race/class combos for as long as I can remember.

2 Likes

And here’s another fun fact for everyone.

Want to know what happens when a Draenei gets exposed to fel magic? I bet you think they turn into awesome demons like the Eredar we fought during the Legion expansion right? Wrong! They get turned into Broken.

Exposure to fel energy corrupts Draenei, devolving them and turning them beings like Farseer Nobundo:

Continued exposure to fel energy after being turned into a Broken causes the Draenei to devolve even further. They become Lost Ones, like this:

Have fun with that!

3 Likes

For real, for real, only reason there will have to be a money exchange is because many people if they have to race or faction change to the race they wanted to be to begin with but couldn’t be originally or they boost a new character but it’s far from a cash grab.

1 Like

No one is going to unsub because of this.

Yeah, its literally giving people what they have been asking for in terms of more race/class combos and people are crapping their collective jorts over this and calling it a blatant cash grab.

At this point I’m almost positive that Blizzard could do everything right and the community would still be angry over it for SOME reason.

1 Like

This is wrong. If fel magic corrupted draenei into broken, then we wouldn’t have seen Sargerei Warlocks, or Eredar that eventually became demons themselves.

The broken and the lost are a result of a degenerative curse that was placed on some draenei, not all.

1 Like

No, not negative, this is the lore as written.

Exposure to fel energy, either indirectly by being in corrupted places, or directly by using fel magic or consuming demonic blood, turns an Orc’s skin green. This is the lore. Red skin only occurs after blood is consumed while an Orc is already corrupted, bone spikes and large teeth and tusks occur with repeated consumption of demonic blood.

They named themselves Mag’har because they were uncorrupted. They were not exposed to fel magic, they did not become warlocks, they did not consume the blood of Mannoroth (at least that’s the case for the MU version of the Mag’har.). The AU named themselves Mag’har because they too were uncorrupted, they were the Orcs who were not exposed to fel, did not become warlocks and did not consume demon blood.

Blood Elves are not Orcs! Fun fact there, different races handle exposure to fel differently.

I am making a Light Forgey boi emo warlock soon as I can. This is ultimate fantasy when you can balance the light w/ Fel and shadow magic. Sort of like a super Disc priest. It’s great for the lore and for the game!

2 Likes

Blizz rewrote it in Legion. Fiction always has retcons. You are free not to like it, but they established lore for it 7 years ago.

Like I said, had to do with the blood they did not drink.

I didn’t say they were. I explained what Blizz said about exposure. And they are obviously sticking with what they establiahed then.

And also like I said, player characters don’t exist in lore.

3 Likes

And this is really what it comes down to (imo of course.)

Either we matter in lore then in that case all these races that “hate fel” has been exposed to it for years by the hero or we don’t matter in lore so therefore it doesn’t matter what class we play.

Pick a lane.

2 Likes

From what they’ve done and said, a hero exists, but is non-descript. Other than that, only lore characters are in the lore. And since it’s fiction, it can always change. Like suddenly seeing Nelf Shamans in lore.

To Op~
(Dragonflight has been very underwhelming story-wise so far and the brand new area released with 10.1 makes you feel you are playing a toddler-oriented game.)

You have this comment so right on. ~

I have put thousands of hours over 18 years of play into this game. When I saw the new villains of the recent chapter of Dragon Flight- I cringed.

My opinion might not mean much to others but , the Lore has gotten very silly with very silly looking characters. This whole expansion is not like the versions I played and loved for many years. It has taken IMO a step back- even from Shadowlands.

The game is not the same but the addiction is a real and hard to shake even if things have gone downhill. There is so much wrong with this new Xpac I wouldn’t know where to begin. Nor will I try. -About the character combo’s I don’t care enough about it to squawk …

No they didn’t.

The lore regarding Orcs and how their skin changed color has not been changed at all. It remains exactly as it was. This is reflected in art that has been created by Blizzard themselves as well.

Originally, all orcs were either brown-skinned, ranging from a bark-like brown to reddish-brown; or grey-skinned, ranging from a light grey to a dark, sooty black. However, with the exception of the isolated Mag’har, their bodies reacted to their exposure to warlock magic once it was introduced by Gul’dan. All orcs with warlocks in their clan found their skin slowly turning green before they were ever offered the blood of the demon Mannoroth.[98]

The first orcs to drink the blood of a pit lord rapidly completed their transition to green skin.[98] Further drinking the blood, or possibly the blood of any demon, will change their skin again from green to scarlet, transforming them into fel orcs. Orcs that drink Mannoroth’s blood obtained gray marks in their green skin.[citation needed] Through certain rituals this state is reversible, not only restoring the orc’s sanity but their previous green tone as well.[100] No green-skinned orc has ever managed to return to a completely uncorrupted state.

Dying for the last 19 years

1 Like

When they decided in Legion that there are different levels of exposure, they did indeed change things. This opened the door for everything after.

1 Like

Lol, this is the real talk reply. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

1 Like