WoW foums broken in Brave Browser for anyone else?

For sure, uBlock is a powerful tool and is what i used before. This just works for me at the moment. I’m sure at some point i’ll be searching for a new browser though. It always happens at some point lol.

Anyone use Lynx on the forums?

I know the feeling, tbh none of the browsers out really meet my whims at the moment. I’d probably have to fork one of the big guys and make my own UI modifications to get what I want.

It’s a bug in Blizzard’s end. It’s browser independent and only impacts so many accounts and only on specific browsers.

Brave is made by the founder of Mozilla, after he left over disagreements. I think it’s the same person responsible for Javascript. It would show up as Chromium or Chrome on one of those listings.

This is an actual issue for Blizzard. you trolling me just makes it stand out.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/forum-main-page-unending-refresh-loop/554789/3

Given how there is stuff still broken with this software. Even after the forum has been up as long as it has. I wouldn’t hold my breath on support.

Brave isn’t a “major browser”; even if it’s chromium we all know it comes with a much much tighter privacy configuration that likely isn’t suitable for most sites.

It’s not a Brave issue. It’s a bug on Blizzard’s end for all browsers. Probably has very specific triggers.

Did you try the standard mechanisms for recovery? Open in incognito-mode and try logging in again / clear cookies & cache / disable extensions / etc.

I mean, it could be a possibility. Other Brave users have already mentioned that they have no problems, so Im leaning towards this being a you problem. You mentioned googling WoW forums and going from there. Have you tried accessing the forums by going to the main WoW site and clicking the forums link? You know…instead of continuing to do it the way that doesnt work…?

Minimalist browser = minimum compatibility.

If the site works in most Chromium browsers then the problem is most likely with Brave’s user interface code. You probably have a critical “tracker” disabled. Brave and Vivaldi tend to list CDNs (i.e. CloudFlare and Akamai) as trackers and block them by default.

Trolling isnt someone disagreeing with you alone.

But point remains its a ridiculous issue to feel it should rise, rather WOULD rise to the top of the priority list.

Thats not how projects go. This company is chaotically trying to ready a launch in 3 weeks of arguably their most popular product. There’s browsers that work fine with the forum. Yet you are in an uproar “its an outrage” that your preferred browser doesnt work? You meet the definition of trolling far more than I.

It’s an issue they have had for a long time, and it just involves paying the small team of web developers to fix the problem, which is browser neutral. It impacts Chrome and Firefox, so I’d say it’s a critical bug. It’s shameful for a fortune 500 company to not address what is most likely a minor typo, when Activision has the resources to fix this. Just going to take a salary worker an hour to find it, and he’ll probably have to stay late.

Again the relevant post. That shows it’s not just a Brave thing. This would be the website team, and not the developers of Shadow Lands. (We have huge crunch as a result of coding standards in a lot of game companies. Open Sourcing their code would fix most of this. Typically best practices come first in open source, as it creates less friction in the long run.) Maybe, those web devs can work a weekend to fix what is clearly a bug on Blizzard’s end impacting all browsers. It’s been up there for at least three months with no communication from Blizz about this.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/forum-main-page-unending-refresh-loop/554789

I use Brave and have zero problems, both at home when I’m in normal mode and at work when I’m in Incognito. I’ve never changed the cookies/settings or taken down Brave’s shields either.

Brave works fine. Might be on your end OP.

I’ll never stop using Firefox.

I just use the new Microsoft Edge. It’s actually pretty damn clean and not very resource heavy.

I have this problem and it happens with both Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Makes the forums basically unusable. Can’t even click a link from reddit to the patch notes without ending up in a never-ending cycle.

I love Brave.

It saves time from my life so I can play more WoW. I know how to spend my time wisely.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Reinstall Brave. Issue is on your end. I have Brave and it works fine.