WoW foums broken in Brave Browser for anyone else?

It’s been a good six months. I don’t think Blizz will fix this issue without Brave users speaking up. I can’t even use the forums in Brave, and as one of the major Chromium browsers. (one of two major browsing engines) I think it’s completely unacceptable for a Fortune 500 company to not support one of the major browsers. The site is completely broken in Brave whether I have privacy protections up or not. I’ve tried reporting on the website bug forum to no response.

1 Like

Just use a normal browser instead?

Chrome itself works fine.

5 Likes

might try firefox then

Never have heard of Brave before, ever…

10 Likes

What kind of problem are you having?

I am using Brave right now and I don’t have any problem.

4 Likes

It’s a very strong, privacy focused browser that’s been designed off Chromium. It’s gained a lot of traction in the last year.

People like it because it has the compatibility of Chrome extensions without the big brother feeling of Chrome.

5 Likes

I use brave… the only thing that doesn’t work on here for me is if I leave the tab for the forums open long enough… hovering over topics wouldn’t give me a preview of what is said in the topic… is that the issue you are talking about? Seems like there’s no way to fix this “hover over” issue, just spontaneously it will start working again after a while.

What is a foums?

Well, all major browsers are built around the Webkit browser engine which is a standard now. If the Brave browser have it’s own stuff, they are like IE6 back in the days…

Also, any web dev want is stuff to work on all browsers and devices, but it’s not possible. If the percentage of Brave browser is very low, they will not bother…

And finally, the forum here is just an implementation of the Discourse forum. They would have to support the Brave browser in order for it to work on this website. ~https://www.discourse.org/

You should open the developer tool from the Brave browser and send the erreor message you get to Discourse.

I’m using Brave right now. No issues at all.

No problems here. Clean out your cookies.

The Brave Browser?

Is that a fellow Agent?

Wow, I wasn’t not expecting to hear someone using Brave anymore as a browser, a rare thing to see indeed.

This is the first time I’m hearing of this browser, but unlike the useless #2 and #3 posts, I ain’t gunna go “buh buh ues a NOMRal boWSER”

If I open the forums, while logged in, I keep getting redirected to one of my old posts repeatedly.

Huh…have you cleaned out your cookies and reset the browser? That seems like an oddly specific bug.

How are you opening the forums? Have you tried typing the url in manually instead of using a bookmark if that is how you usually open them? Have you checked the URL in your bookmark if that is how you open them?

1 Like

Considering there were zero details given by the OP, options were presented as there is no way to help otherwise.

If you buy a certain brand of toilet paper and it rips every time you wipe yourself, creating a bigger mess, are you going to continue to use that brand or find something else to use?

If you word processing software keeps messing things up, bugging out, and just being a pain so you can’t get reports done, are you going to continue to use it or find a new one?

Let’s use a bit of logic here, instead of jumping on people with snark and condescension.

Never heard of this browser but clearing this is a “you” issues and not a “Blizzard” one as others are clearly using it to interact with the forums.

I’m using Brave. Disabled chrome ages ago due to the ads. Only on mobile though. Sometimes the comment box decides to hide itself but that’s about it.

Desktop it’s Firefox all the way.

Agreed with clearing out the cookies and cache. Also make sure you’re updated to the most recent version of Brave. I’m having no issues with it whatsoever.

Brave is a browser with extra security features.