Wow, doesn't feel like Warcraft anymore?

He implied it with this comment. Sure, he didn’t outright say this was a bad idea, but he implied that since it wasn’t part of the original game, then we shouldn’t be expecting it to be implemented.

Sometimes, I feel like I’m debating AI at times on these forums. Some of these posts of the rabid defenders here just doesn’t feel like there is a human responding.

Except he didn’t, He pointed out that it wasn’t part of the game’s original coding.

Like, this seems like a very odd hill to die on because you misunderstood the context of his statement.

It’s also worth noting that you are once again leaping to the defense of known bigot Buckshot which again calls into question your judgement.

1 Like

Okay fine, so are you guys for or against housing in the game?

@Akston, same question to you then.

I mean… I’d argue we already have it in the form of garrisons.

But if there was some other hypothetical version of it? In a complete vacuum of information or what this would entail or how it would work I don’t see why not?

1 Like

I’m not a religious person, but I was raised in a very Christian household, so I’m very familiar with many of the stories from the bible.

So many of the conversations on here remind me of the stories when Jesus was tested by the Pharisees. The Pharisees were constantly prodding him trying to entangle him in his own words. That is what it feels like on these forums at times.

I’m all for debate, but so many people on here just completely overanalyze and cherry pick comments in order to bully people into changing their opinions.

If you guys want more engagement here, you need to just stop with this approach.

I get that many are passionate about the game, and they take offense when they perceive suggestions that might change the game into something they won’t enjoy, but a lot of the criticism from players is also coming from a place of passion too.

I am well aware that if you receive any pushback on any idea, that you feel you are harassed.

We both have different opinions. But if I voice mine, I am in the wrong. Yet you certainly are ok with YOU being the one trying to change other peoples opinions. Do you at least understand how this is viewed?

Except I didnt. I was attempting to point out that original WoW didn’t have these either. And that putting such a large focus on changing what has been such a large focus of the game since day 1 wouldn’t work out well.

I was attempting to point out that you can’t claim retail is lacking RPG elements for not having these without admitting that it also means Classic also was lacking RPG elements.

If it didnt take away from other core aspects of the game, because dev resources are extremely finite.

…but you are literally doing this.

You took my comments out of context. You cherry picked them. You overanalyzed them by creating things you claim I implied.

You are literally here being passionate about something and taking offense when you perceive something different than what you want.

2 Likes

I am also a christian and I’d argue that trying to liken the people that disagree with you or people (who have revealed themselves to be deeply bigoted and ignorant of the actual history or writing of the game) that agree with you to the pharisees is a level narcicism that is truly amazing.

That having been said if you think that people are engaging in trolling or inflamatory posting (which you seem fine with when it doesn’t directly conflict with your views) then by all means you can flag them for mod review as opposed to trying to impose edicts.

Sorry, but it is time to put you on ignore. Just way to exhausting trying to engage with you.

Have a good one. :slight_smile:

You just seem way too passive-aggressive to engage with. I’m sure me ignoring you will give you some form of validation, and I’m okay with that.

Edit: It looks like you have your own little fanbase giving you hearts as well. I wish all of you the best!!!

1 Like

I fully expected this.

I find often people dont like it when its pointed out they are willing to engage in a the same behavior they try to say someone else is doing.

He isn’t being passive aggressive, he’s pointing out your hypocrisy.

Really, I think the wierdest part of this is that Tuwen kept coming out to bat for Buck, who has already shown that between open bigotry and their complete lack of appreciation for art or human creativity they weren’t going to offer anything of substnce for discussion.

1 Like

Just shows those aspects aren’t a deal breaker as long as you agree with what is important to them

1 Like

But yeah, In a lot of ways I’d argue that Dragonflight is arguably closer to the spirit of WoW then a lot of it’s preceeding expansions have been; We came to the dragon isles not for the purposes of saving the world or empowering some crunk gewgaw that’s going to be in our equipment forever and ever but more so for the purposes of exploring and expieriencing a new place.

No there isn’t a faction conflict and some of the content has been lackluster, but the writing is honestly really good and the lack of systems that they’re clearly not going to support is a god send.

Maybe that was 20 years ago, but when does it evolve? When do you think it should evolve? Not that all these elements should be incorporated, but imho this is the problem:

This is really, really the main BIGGIE that trickles down and effects even the open-world casual. Personally, though I don’t think they should have been stopped, perse, but add-ons changed the game, and the players attitudes naturally changed with it. Instead of focusing on evolving over time (which I think they were headed for with Mist’s and then backtracked) it focused on outwitting the addons. This has made impossible for just a medium player to try their hand at low level dungeons.

What’s wrong with change? Though sometimes to me WoW has a tendency to change the right things for the wrong reasons.

Just my two cents here, and I imagine in 995 posts it’s already been said.

1 Like

The reason for the focus on endgame is because at the end of the day that’s where players are going to wind up; whether you take a week or 3 days or whatever, you will be at endgame eventually and there needs to be content for those players to keep them invested for long term engagement.

Could there be more in the open world for characters 60-69? Possibly, though this would likely come at the expense of something else due to the finite resources that the dev team has to work with.

1 Like

Also with regards to this part: the game has evolved a hell of a lot from where it was, sidelining most of the choke points (IE paying for better versions of spells we already know, paying for reagents, having weapon proficiencies we need to work up…) In favor of giving us more time for things like questing, dungeons, raids, PVP and other components of modern gameplay.

Beyond that though, I’m curious what

You think that the game is lacking in that constitute actual roleplaying.

That seems a rather longwinded way of saying '‘you’re right’.

1 Like

I just wanna be the 1000th post.

Also, true and real.

6 Likes

Darn it, you beat me!
What are we talking about?

I’m pretty sure I’m the other person who got put on her ignore list. Not the bigot who thinks AI is the solution to all lifes problems, but rather me because I had the temerity to agree with Akston.

1 Like