Wow, doesn't feel like Warcraft anymore?

This is how WoW has been since TBC.

That has absolutely never been what WoW has been about.

The original game did not have player housing, land, caravan system, musical instruments, player made cooking recipes.

The original game was based on new raids, dungeons, and systems meant to augment those two playstyles.

It sounds like you have never liked WoW and after 18 years you are asking “Why hasnt WoW turned into a completely different game from where it started, a game that has nothing to do with Classic/TBC/WotLK, and why wont WoW turn into a Second Life clone?”

1 Like

It did however, have many rpg elements that have since been removed. It was designed by intent to have the world be the main character, have the players make their own stories, and was designed in such a way to have players interact in both positive and negative ways.

That design philosophy has long been abandoned. That’s why instead of building on those elements and expanding them into the tools and ideas from other games like the ones I’ve mentioned, we have gotten mainly end game centric content. And for years now we have the founder of elitistjerks running the game into the ground.

3 Likes

Yeah that is true, but then again it would add more things to do.
I’m not big on the economy RP part of the game tbh with you. I’m also not into actual game farming for materials unless i have to, and it probably isn’t something i’d do for fun, cause I study accounting, and i’m not tryin to do my profession in a game lol, at least not to an extreme anyways.
The housing would be a cool element, but i feel like blizz would somehow use it to monetize it like ESO did when I played it. “Hey here is a massive mansion, that’ll be $19.99 for crates and for specific homes you want additionally to the materials for crafting etc.”

I don’t know the game needs something to keep it lively.

As far as tunnel visioning M+/Raid/PvP, yeah i guess. I kinda like the idea of open world pvp but people don’t seem to participate in that anymore, unless its leveling (from my experience), or idk raid sized open world pvp events which also seems extent, and again does seem to lag out allot.

I do love M+ and raiding, but i can only do both so much. But on the other hand i’m not trying to feel like i’m working in a game either. Some of my past complaints have been more so the ego associated with certain parts of the player base. But i’ve found plenty are friendly, but in some groups if you’re not top performer then bad things happen. Or if you’re in a try-hard group you’re now property of the raid and any participation in other groups even if its not committal is a no-no.

2 Likes

Like?

How? You followed the same quest lines as everyone else.

2 Likes

Please clarify what you think is an RPG element.

Because from where I’m standing as someone who has done RP for over 30 years in multiple systems I honestly think that the opportunity for roleplay is comparatively better now then it was at pretty much any point in the game’s history.

Black Dragonflight Saga

Act 1: Contest of Shadows

Following the downfall of Neltharion (Deathwing), the Black Dragonflight stands on the edge of chaos. Elderly and sagacious, Ebonhorn aims to usher in a new era of honor and unity for his kind. Under his tutelage, Wrathion grows, embodying the hope for a reformed future for the Black Dragonflight.

A grand assembly is called to determine the next Aspect of the Black Dragonflight. After a series of rigorous challenges, Ebonhorn, demonstrating his might and wisdom, emerges as the victor over Sabellian.

However, Sabellian, envious of Ebonhorn’s influence and hungry for power, has formed a secret alliance with the Djaradin, ancient hunters and foes of the dragons. With them by his side, he plots to overthrow Ebonhorn and dominate the Black Dragonflight.

Act 2: The Eclipse of Wisdom

Sabellian’s schemes run deep. Lured into a trap by Sabellian and the treacherous Djaradin, Ebonhorn finds himself cornered atop the Dragonflight Citadel. As the Djaradin unleash deadly ballistae, Ebonhorn’s wings are rendered useless. With a cruel sneer, Sabellian confronts the incapacitated Ebonhorn and sends him plummeting from the citadel’s height. His apparent demise sends shockwaves through the Dragonflight, and Sabellian, backed by the formidable Djaradin, assumes a dark reign over the Black Dragons.

Mourning the loss of his mentor and fearing Sabellian’s wrath, Wrathion is forced into exile.

Act 3: Embers in the Shadows

In his exile, Wrathion traverses Azeroth, meeting various beings who share tales of Ebonhorn’s valor, reinforcing his legacy. These tales solidify Wrathion’s resolve to reclaim the honor of the Black Dragonflight and avenge Ebonhorn.

In a dreamlike encounter, possibly mediated by a force like Elune or the remnant spirit of Ebonhorn, Wrathion is urged to be true to his lineage and rescue the Black Dragonflight from the shadow of Sabellian’s rule.

Act 4: A Flame Rekindled

With newfound determination and the wisdom of his travels, Wrathion returns, challenging Sabellian for the future of their kind. As the wider Primalist threat rages in the backdrop, the need for honorable leadership is evident more than ever.

The Djaradin, eager to aid Sabellian again, are taken by surprise. Other dragonflights, sensing the broader peril if the Black Dragonflight remains fractured, intervene. Their unexpected support helps turn the tide against the Djaradin.

In a dramatic showdown, Wrathion faces Sabellian. Using all he has learned, Wrathion bests Sabellian. But instead of ending his life, Wrathion, embodying the values Ebonhorn tried to instill, banishes him with a plea to find redemption.

Act 5: The Dawn of Honor

Wrathion, now the undisputed Aspect of the Black Dragonflight, establishes a memorial in honor of Ebonhorn on the outskirts of the Dragon Isles. As the dragonflights, respecting Wrathion’s leadership, join in remembrance, it’s evident that the future of the Black Dragonflight is in capable hands.

Title: The Primal Surge: Secrets of the Dragon Isles

Background: Centuries ago, the Dragon Aspects left the Dragon Isles, their ancient homeland, to spread across Azeroth and oversee various domains. The Dragon Isles, however, were not devoid of life. Locked away within its caverns were the Primalist Dragons, ancient and wilder counterparts of the dragonflights. Imprisoned by the Titans for their uncontrollable power, they’ve simmered with resentment, waiting for a chance to be free and claim dominion over all of Azeroth.

Act 1: Whispers of Unrest Players are sent on a mission after reports circulate about disturbances in the magical leylines connected to the Dragon Isles. They encounter representatives of the dragonflights, who express deep concern about the detected surges of wild magic. The Dragon Aspects are hesitant to allow players onto the isles due to the sacred nature of their homeland and the dangers it holds. The Dragon Aspects, protective of their ancestral lands, show their fierce side to those who venture too close to forbidden zones. Several players, driven by curiosity or recklessness, stray too near and are met with the searing heat of a dragon’s breath as a stern warning, their scorched armor serving as a reminder to others of the boundaries set by the mighty dragons.

Act 2: Rise of the Primalists The Primalist Dragons break free from their prisons, driven by vengeance against the Titan constructs and Dragon Aspects who kept them bound. Their primal power threatens to unravel the fabric of reality and to devastate Azeroth. The Dragon Aspects, showcasing their wisdom and cunning, form a plan. While they cannot allow players to enter their inner sanctums, they task them with quests around the isles to gather ancient relics and bind lesser primal spirits. These quests are fraught with danger and require wit to complete.

Act 3: The Reluctant Alliance Understanding the severity of the threat, the Dragon Aspects decide to collaborate more closely with the heroes of Azeroth. Each Aspect mentors a group of players, imparting a fraction of their wisdom and power, ensuring that the players remain respectful and remember their place.

During this act, players will interact with each Aspect, learning from them and gaining their trust.

Act 4: The Battle for Azeroth’s Soul The primal energies threaten to envelop key locations in Azeroth. Major cities and sacred sites become battlegrounds. With the tools and teachings given by the Dragon Aspects, players lead the charge and with the Aspects engage in an epic aerial battle with the Primalist leaders.

In a climactic moment, the players and Aspects harness the leylines to cast a massive spell, pulling the Primalists back to the Dragon Isles and resealing their prisons.

Act 5: The New Dawn With the immediate threat averted, the Dragon Aspects invite the heroes to a secluded part of the Dragon Isles for a ceremony. They allow them into their inner sanctum, they wish to honor the bravery and sacrifice of Azeroth’s champions.

Throughout the storyline, the wise and cunning nature of the Dragon Aspects is emphasized, as they strategically navigate the delicate situation, balancing their duty to Azeroth with their protective instincts towards their sacred homeland.

Gets the characters fundamentally wrong and puts out the most obvious and nuance free version of them while also not understanding the lore of the setting.

This is basically recreating the current expansion.

Thank you for proving my point: the AI can’t actually create anything original.

Also: I’m still waiting for you to articulate what you think an RPG element is.

1 Like

You do realize that live-service games need to change and keep evolving, right? I constantly see you make this comment, “this is how the game has always operated” as an excuse to just keep the game stagnant.

Again, I’ve played plenty of MMOs over the decades where systems mentioned above were added in later.

New World just added a mount system in their latest expansion, according to you, they shouldn’t have added them because they weren’t in the original game.

Guild Wars 2 didn’t add mounts until their 3rd expansion. They added guild housing in the 2nd expansions.

This idea that WoW shouldn’t have certain systems because they weren’t in the old versions is just the most silly thing I’ve read on these forums.

I see a ton “NO this a bad idea” comments from you. You have made a full time job defending the status quo here on these forums. Kind of makes me think you might have some kind of ulterior motive to keep the game from changing into something that could be enjoyed by more MMO players.

Player housing could be huge for WoW. Player housing is a huge moneymaker for all the other AAA MMOs. Players love it too.

Title: World of Warcraft: Dragonflight

Setting: Azeroth’s landscape, once marred by war and strife, now appears strangely quiet. A new form of magic is afoot, and it seems to be emanating from the unlikeliest of places: the forums of Azeroth.

Act I: Whispers from the Web:

1. Rise of Lucavitha: Lucavitha, a once-famous forum poster known for his passionate, albeit feminine, demeanor, has come into possession of an artifact that amplifies his influence over the digital realm into the real world of Azeroth.
  2. Softened Heroes: As Lucavitha gains influence, prominent figures across the continents begin to change. Fierce warriors now advocate for peace and compromise, while orc warlords opt for poetry over battle.
  3. The Dragonflight Prophecy: Elders recount tales of the Dragonflight, mythical dragons with the power to control and balance magic. If Lucavitha harnesses their power, his influence would be irreversible.

Act II: The Digital Descent:

1. Coalition of the Resilient: A group of heroes, immune to Lucavitha’s touch, band together. They delve into Azeroth’s digital forums, seeking to understand the source of Lucavitha’s newfound power.
  2. Behind the Screen: Within the forums, players find NPCs warped by Lucavitha’s influence, spreading his message and recruiting others to his cause.
  3. Lucavitha’s Desire: Players discover Lucavitha’s intention: he wishes for an Azeroth where aggression and conflict are obsolete. He believes he’s saving the world from its inherent violence.

Act III: Race Against Reality:

1. Seeking the Dragonflight: The players’ journey leads them to ancient lands where they must awaken members of the Dragonflight, fighting against time and Lucavitha’s ever-expanding influence.
  2. Forums vs. Field: Lucavitha, realizing the threat the players pose, brings forth his most loyal forum followers to the real world, manifesting them as formidable foes.
  3. The Digital Duel: A showdown ensues within the very code of Azeroth’s forums, as players confront Lucavitha, seeking to cut off his influence at the source.

Act IV: Resurgence and Restoration:

1. The Dragonflight’s Balance: Upon Lucavitha’s defeat, the Dragonflight offers a choice. They can reset the balance, returning all to how it was, or they can integrate some of Lucavitha’s peaceful ideals into Azeroth, creating a world of balanced strength and compassion.
  2. A New Dawn: Azeroth, based on player choices, finds a new equilibrium, with heroes who are formidable but also reflective and peace-oriented.
  3. Epilogue – Lucavitha’s Lesson: Lucavitha, stripped of his amplified powers, returns to his forum posting. However, his posts now carry a tone of reflection and understanding, having seen the consequences of unchecked power.

Features:

• Forum Battles: Unique battles and quests take place within digital forums, blending traditional WoW gameplay with new mechanics.
  • Dragon Allies: As players awaken each Dragonflight member, they can call upon them for unique abilities and skills.
  • Altered Azeroth: Familiar zones and dungeons are altered by Lucavitha’s influence, requiring players to navigate them with new strategies.

Except you readily admit the game has evolved and not remained stagnant.

Just because you have an idea doesn’t mean it should instantly be supported.

I don’t believe I have ever said I am against player housing. You are taking my words out of context.

Can you explain what is meant by this comment then?

This comment here is a deflection.

The person in question is asking why 10 different things has not been added to WoW. Each of them pretty large implementations.

The person in question also noted that the original game provided a better mmo, social, and raid experience. I pointed out that the original game also lacked these.

So somehow the current retail is bad for not having these. But originally it was ok, despite not having these.

These specific things listed were noted as “RPG elements either being neglected or outright removed”.

Would you mind answering why you feel WoW is stagnating and staying the same, despite WoW not feeling like Warcraft anymore? Because those two points seem contradictory.

1 Like

These are completely different things here.

I was talking about the theme and story, you and the other poster seem to be getting caught up in a discussion about systems and features.

For the record, I do think the game is relying on M+/Raids way too much to carry the game these days.

So the story evolved and did not stagnate?

Ok.

Or are there just certain things you want to evolve and not stagnate and certain things you want to not evolve and stagnate?

Don’t you guys ever get tired of beating around the bush? Just say what you really mean.

1 Like

Can you show anywhere in the quoted text, or anywhere else, where the person quoted explicitly said they were opposed to player housing? I think you’re reading subtext that simply doesn’t exist.

I honestly have trouble engaging with you, mate. I feel like your soul purpose on these forums is just you trying to have these “gatcha” moments.

You overanalyze comments way too much, always looking for ways to just minimize people’s opinions, it almost feels like a form of bullying in a way.

You seem to be just way too invested here. I’m okay with people disagreeing with me, but your approach of trying to have these “gatcha” moments just feels very disingenuous.

Edit: Honestly, it just seems like you like harassing people into changing their opinions. This is the best way I can describe it.

Tell me again how not mad you are :dracthyr_hehe_animated: