Wow, doesn't feel like Warcraft anymore?

Of course not, it’s just a dog whistle comment.

16 Likes

Is that what we are calling the threat of employers firing you if you refuse to do your job now? lol. You’re silly.

15 Likes

I think it’s perfectly appropriate given your name and incredibly short-sighted suggestion to just move a AAA studio and hire all new staff.

11 Likes

These folks are about as subtle as a brick to the head.

14 Likes

Oof, if they moved corporate here; expansions be renamed to:

World of Warcraft: NASCAR
World of Warcraft: Deer Hunter Azeroth
World of Warcraft: Battle for Tractors
World of Warcraft: The Burning Brisket
World of Warcraft: The Dollar General King
World of Warcraft: Hold my Beer
World of Warcraft: Pandas? Can we eat them?

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

16 Likes

MOAR BUUUB MOG 4 GURL!

5 Likes

“Refusing to do your job”

I bet even hinting that the characters need to be more masculine or that the game needs to return to its roots would put you on the “problematic” list at modern blizzard.

14 Likes

So you’re just making up imaginary scenarios that fit your agenda? Sadly, I do not find that surprising at all.

23 Likes

By roots I’m assuming you mean this?

I too look forward to being able to move 4 whole footmen at a time to guard my town hall while I try and build 6 farms.

5 Likes

… you do realize that Blizzard made games BEFORE World of Warcraft and had grown to be a much larger studio than when they made “Rock’n’Roll Racing” - you do realize that, right?

Right… this here is called “making an emotional plea”, and it ain’t based in reality
Try again

Actually, just don’t - this thread is likely to already get 404’d at this rate but this is speeding that along a whole lot faster

Edit: and… you already had - by quite a lot

16 Likes

I like the idea that having openly gay, lesbian and trans characters in the game is somehow “Authoritarian”.

Because openly showing diversity is true oppression!

20 Likes

I’m curious what golden age of WoW story people are thinking about. Before MoP, WoW often felt like a collection of injokes about something I hadn’t read/played before and none of it really made any sense to me.

5 Likes

I think the story in DF is complete horse doodoo but I’m enjoying it from a gameplay perspective. I just cba to care about the Flights, I haven’t since WOTLK and I’m not going to start now. I think dragons are just such a boring generic fantasy McGuffin that my eyes immediately glaze over whenever they’re the focal point.

I preferred it when Old Gods or the Burning Legion were the big bads

It’s still enjoyable for me to log on for a couple hours and do my rep quests/WCs/zaralek, level up my profs, and maybe bang out a couple m+s while listening to a podcast

3 Likes

I mean the outrage doesn’t even stop there

Just go back in time and look at how folks reacted to when folks realized that one of the centaur khans were a woman AND deaf! Utterly hilarious, depressing also, but … hilariously depressing?

Bigots are silly people

21 Likes

Why does this look familiar…?

2 Likes

It’s theme park game design. It’s boring AF.

6 Likes

You nailed it 100%.

3 Likes

Hopefully that’ll change next expansion and we’ll be fighting pirates and/or the Void.

Huffing more Hopium, I’m hoping the Horde and Alliance will have their own separate quest-lines.

3 Likes

As I started replying to you with a long list examples to support my claim, I realized that it is indeed you who lives in the imaginary world. You’re dreaming of a 1998 California when it was actually a desirable destination.

3 Likes

Agreed, the game was more interesting when each faction had its own identity.

Unfortunately the direction seems to be moving toward joining them together, I already have a horde hunter in my alliance guild.

3 Likes