WoW Desktop app not showing gifts

I got an email from Blizz saying that due to my 6 month sub, I’d be getting the Wen Lo mount as a gift via the Wow desktop app.
When I open the desktop app, the gifts icon indicates that there is a gift waiting.
However when I click the icon, open the gifts tab, it’s empty.
Has anyone else got this issue?
Or does anyone know how to fix it?

Mite be a delay check ingame if u got it.

1 Like

Have you also looked here on the website?

https://account.blizzard.com/gifts/

3 Likes

Thank you Kyzera, I was just about to share that link.

We’ve seen some reports that the gift isn’t appearing in the launcher but you should be able to get it from the website.

2 Likes

I received the same email yesterday, which I only saw today. When I opened the desktop app there was no indication there was a gift. I clicked on “notifications” anyway and was told I have no gifts. This is the same message I get from the website.

You claimed your gift already :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only received the email yesterday. Was it also sent out at an earlier date?

Yes, you actually received the gift back in January (as did the OP of this topic). Some email reminders were sent out this weekend.

Looks like you had already claimed yours though.

1 Like

Oh, okay. Sorry, my memory is not the best sometimes.

No problem! I am happy to double check, and even happier that nothing was missing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Checked in-game as you suggested, nope not in the mount list or as a wrapped item.

Interesting that you say I had claimed the Wen Lo mount already, When I went to the site suggested by Kyzera the mount was there for me to claim.

Anyway, claimed it via the website, will see if it shows up in game.

I was responding to Yaeli - not you. You definitely hadn’t claimed the gift which is why I was going to provide the link that Kyzera gave you :slight_smile: Sorry for any confusion.

The only connection I wanted to make was that you both received the initial gift grant back in January.

4 Likes

All good Kalviery,
Was able to sort it via the website, looks like desktop app has an “ouchie”.
Took a little time but it’s all good now. Thanks for the help.

3 Likes

I am having the exact same issue! But I checked the link and tried to claim the gift online on website rather than in client or app but nothing shows up. I got my email this week as well

It’s rare that we get three different issues in one topic! So with this promotion there are a few ways to get the mount.

1. Purchase the 6-month Bundle from the shop
  2. Purchase the mount, as a stand alone product from the shop
  3. Receive the mount as a gift from Blizzard

In order to receive the mount as a gift from Blizzard, you must have been on an existing 6-month subscription WITH a future renewal date (not canceled) when the promotion started.

The gifts from Blizzard were delivered in January to eligible accounts, and some email reminders went out about the gift.

This is where the issues come in.

1. The launcher sometimes does not show the gift. To resolve this, you can go to the gift page on the website.
  2. The reminder went out to people who had already claimed their gift. Sorry! We didn’t mean to cause further confusion. You won’t see the gift in the launcher or the website.
  3. The reminder ALSO went out to people who were on a 6-month subscription WITHOUT a future renewal date. These accounts are not actually eligible for the mount and did not receive a gift.

All this to say, Birdtoast your issue was the 3rd one. Since your 6-month subscription was canceled ~1 hour after it was purchased, it did not have a future renewal date at the time the promotion started so your account is not eligible for the gift. I’m sorry about the email you received for this - we have alerted the team that sends out propmotional mails and they’ve identified what caused the wrong group of players to be included so they should be able to avoid this in the future.

8 Likes

I’m in the same boat as Birdtoast. Received the email that I had a gift but no gift as I had cancelled the renewal on my 6 month subscription some time before this promotion. I have to say, it’s pretty lousy customer service on Blizzard’s part to not to make good on the gift promised in the email we received. I guess it only reinforces my decision to spend my money elsewhere in the future.

1 Like

The subject line for the email said “Thanks for having an active WoW 6-month subscription”. You said yourself you cancelled it - ie. it’s not active.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be playing right now or posting here if I didn’t have an active subscription. But thanks for your input. I hope you’re being well compensated by Blizz for defending them so faithfully.

You have current game time, yes, but it is not an active subscription.

6 Likes

Same. Got this promotion email and wasting my time looking for gift. I feel like being cheated and so disappointed. Blizzard has delivered not only poor game contents but also lousy customer service as well.