Wow could easily be ported to consoles

MOBILE :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … oh wait, we are talking about consoles.

Could just make KB&M mandatory. Yall know there are these things called USB ports on consoles right?

As long as yall like the default UI with absolutely no add ons.

Its not about just controller support.

Would a controller work for the most basic gameplay? Probably.

The problem is what happens when console players want to do higher end content that requires way more binds and addons? Does Blizzard cater to them?

Blizzard literally cant cater to them. Its not up to Blizzard to not allow add ons.

Its up to Sony and Microsoft.

Every add on has to be approved by the console manufacturer. Sony/Microsoft. The only way Blizzard could cater to the players is if Blizzard incorporated every single add on innately within the game at the base level. Which they could do for a few generic ones (BigWigs/DBM for example), but they have shown a huge reluctance to do any of that.

1 Like

I played with a controller for a bit at the start shadowlands when it was first revamped, it was fun but not ideal. Fine for doing dailies and whatever.

That said, consoles support mice and keyboards so there’s really no reason it couldn’t be.

Now, unless Activision is so incompetent they can’t let you do any of what i listed that FFXIV does for console players, it wouldn’t be an issue.

Then again, it is Activision we’re talkin about so maybe not lol

I can hear the little kids calling me trash in voice chat now.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/844/750/6dd.jpg

1 Like

That sounds really annoying. Some people find click to move so immersive they play wow with that toggled on.

Woah there. Mona Lisa? I’d say WoW is more a ‘Painting of Fruit.’

with microsoft they dont care unless it is the “skyrim/fallout type of mods” then they care
with sony they think the mods will hurt the children they dont like outside assets

I was referring more to dumbing the game down to a point that addons are not needed to perform at a high level.

You can bet your last dollar that if WoW was released on consoles, you’d immediately have console players griping about how difficult higher end PvE and Arena is without addons.

If you think high end content is only a matter of buttons, you have zero idea what high end content actually entails.

FF14 rotations are very static, the boss fights are extremely static, M+ doesn’t exist, and there is no competitive PvP.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

1 Like

What about if they’re on PC but use controller only?

Final Fantasy does it so im sure wow could do it… But thats Blizzs call

Regardless, they still have to approve every single one individually. They both have a strict no 3rd party add on policy.

Blizzard would have to…at the bare minimum…take the most used ones and bake them into the game natively.

Only if they put it on playstation. Need to use that touchpad for full function.

The people who want to play the game. Responsiveness plays a great deal into input in order to play the gameplay.

Ahh yes, because we all know how popular the versions of Diablo 3 and Overwatch has been on the Xbox and Playstations… right?.. right?.. R…right?..

If you consider anything above $400 to be a large barrier to entry, then that says to me you have financial problems.

Neither is The Sims 4, yet it plays MUCH better on PC.

Well i’m glad you can spam buttons pretty fast. But this isn’t Smash melee.

But you’re missing the important part that controllers are designed in a way that you realistically can’t look and do something with the face buttons, or move/do something with face buttons and look.

With mouse and keyboard, you can do that. And that makes a world of difference on how to play.

This is again to talk about the objective speed limitations on the thumbsticks that disallow you from being as accurate or fast as you would on a Mouse and Keyboard.

32 Buttons on a single controller is nice and all, and i don’t think anybody would ever refute this. That’s not the issue as i’ve said though.

That sounds incredibility awkward to play to me and i personally wouldn’t suggest that to anybody, but i digress since that’s subjective to person to person here.

That’s also subjective from person to person.

However, it doesn’t seem like it hurts for you too much to type. … :thinking:

That’s also another negative for the consoles (or if any, they have to be approved first like you’ve said), especially since how extremely lackluster the UI Wow has ever been, even now.

If Blizzard wouldn’t even make a functional and fully customizable UI editor, what in Thrall’s green Azeroth makes the community think they will nail it on consoles?.. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ahh yes, the beautiful framerate of 30 fps. /s :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Imo, all console games should have this right out of the box. That would be a nice start to making consoles somewhat worth a darn.