Wow could easily be ported to consoles

Mate I did some of Heroic Tomb back in Legion on a controller [Spriest, FWIW]. It works. It’s not the most optimal, but it works.

Y’all know FFXIV supports consoles, right? I don’t have more buttons on my WoW bars than I do on my FFXIV bars. You’re just using modifier buttons to access more bars.

Historically Square Enix games were console only and when made on PC it was only a port, and a terrible one at that which didn’t work all that well. The game was always designed for a console, fixing the game to be native for a computer is what they done.

1 Like

The game was designed for PC first… that’s why it came out on PC 3 years before it came out on console.

1 Like

yes but lets not

While it works, I’d rather have WoW, and every game ever, really, be PC only.

Even more so a game like WoW, that pretty much subsists partly due to the large array of add-ons.

I’d definitely quit without some key QoL add-ons, like Altoholic, SavedInstances, UI replacement etc.

You can also pick the controller of your choice on PC (Wii U Pro Controller FTW. Battery for days), something you can’t always do on a console, and when you can, it’s due to a third party adapter.

P.S.: Consoles had their time, without exclusives, they lost their purpose.

Even the Nintendo Switch, by being ancient hardware, lost to sheer emulation.

Just get a decent PC, laptop or portable PC and you’re good to go.

My sister started clearing M+ with an Aya Neo.
I might be moving to a RoG Ally if those are as great as they look like.

Far more than 34. Most people who play WoW don’t understand physical inputs well enough to comprehend the real differences and difficulties of playing on a controller.

I have over 50 keybinds on nearly every character, I play with a controller exclusively. I clear heroic and do +20’s every season. I’m far more limited by my group, my time investment, and other physical issues than using a controller.

You can move and cast just fine. Despite popular opinion, your camera doesn’t need to be moving in every microsecond. Your character movement is controlled with LStick while casting, your camera is adjusted between GCDs as needed.

The only time it actually feels bad is in competitive pvp, but people have still gotten over 2k rating with it.

Keyboard and Mouse is superior, but as with addons superior tools are not needed and offer meaningless benefit for the majority of jobs.

1 Like

Imposhible to play with a controller…hic!

Hides WoW on SteamDeck

1 Like

I promise you, you hit your keybinds slower than me.

Camera movement has nothing to do with my comment. When I want to move to the left, but place my healing rain to the right, per the OP’s outline I would not be able to do that.

Ok. But on console you wouldnt have add ons.

1 Like

How would you use all the buttons besdies those 4? Or is it 8?

You can buy those.

Final Fantasy XIV has controller support and console versions, and while I would never use it nor play on anything other than a personal computer I see no reason why it shouldn’t be controller-accessible nor on a console.

If Microsloth ever takes this company over I would expect it going to console or being canceled one of the two.

Black Desert, a combo centric mmo, also has controller support and I do just well with Wizard although being one of the hardest classes to 1v1 or small scale pvp on.

FFXIV plays beautifully on console and its graphics are far superior to WoW’s, so agreed.

FFXIV has 48 buttons using controller. 3 sets of 16 buttons. And no class has that many abilities in WoW

You get several different sets of abilities that you can fast switch to with an instant button press.

Also FFXIV has mouse n keyboard support for consoles.

Yaaaa see you cant point out the obvious this is GD chat. You cant expect them to know or have the obvious outcome told to them. Nah they need it in real time to then complain they could do it better.

Yeah, I think Bellular or someone did a controller thing for WoW and it looked cool, not for me though. Saying getting it to console would be easy is a little bit of an exaggeration but I’m sure if Blizz would want it, it’d be done.

If you enjoyed the experience then cool.

i’m now reminded of the tweet the Hearhstone team put out to Nintendo in regards to the Switch. That would’ve been great on Switch.

I knew where things were heading once the AOE cap was implemented and lots of GCDs were changed.