WoW Classic Stress Test on May 29

Any chance of confirmation if characters will or will not be wiped from this first stress test?

The server message just before shut down sounded like ā€œadding anotherā€. Thanks for another shot of really RPG WoW before the end of August. Iā€™ll be there.

sigh

Looks like Iā€™ll be in class.

Again.

Damn you, corporate finance!!!

stresstest on my birthday! thank you blizz >^_^<

woohoo! we get to lvl to 10! dual wield time for my rogue!

Sweet! Thanks for the update, see you soon in Classic.

I was not at all upset at the fact that I was not able to actually login, create a character, and play around for a bit. Maybe it is just me, but I understand the very concept of what stress testing me without anyone telling me in any sort of detail that I may or may not get any further in the stress test than I was able to achieve. As you stated above, there are various aspects and various places within the whole entire stress test were measurements and determinations have to be taken. The entire process of the stress test begins at the login screen, not when a person is able to create a character and then go play around and explore a bit.

I find it absolutely appalling that young and much older adults were not able to grasp the concepts of what stress testing actually means. I am equally appalled in the manner in which many of these so-called adults chose to take a ME mentality when it came to being granted access to this test. It is appalling that many in this community are not able to willing to get beyond the sense of their own ME mentality and their own sense of entitlement.

All the whining I have read over these many years about people getting something for nothing or how many are not deserving of whatever it is they end up receiving only in the last days to see so many self-indulged people act no better than a toddler that had it rattle taken away from them mentality. The people that were granted access and then chose to go off the rails should be very much ashamed of themselves for the way their adult selves conducted themselves throughout this stress test.

You were given task and many of you literally failed to grasp the concepts of what that entailed of you. Just because you did not actually get in or like myself got stuck at either the login screen, realm listing screen or even the character screen. All of which by the way are part of the matrix of what a test stress actually entails. I got further the 6 times I logged in over the course of an hours time. I am sure that information I was able to provide was far better than actually getting into the game and running around or waiting re-spawns to appear so I could finish a quest, or sit around chatting in general chat, like I saw many do just yesterday when I was able to actually get in and create a character and play around for a time before the server went down. Seemed more people were doing nothing. Yet many took to complaining instead in the game and here on the forums, as well as elsewhere.

A large portion of this player base over time have shown why they do not deserve many things that they have been given. As many that have a sense of entitlement have said here and in the past. You literally did not earn the rights and accesses that you have been given over the course of time.

The way many have chosen to conduct themselves here is absolutely appalling, but totally expected from a bunch of individuals that are not at all capable of doing more than thinking of themselves.

2 Likes

I had to do the same :(. I really liked my Horde too lol. Darn PVP server restrictions.

Did this have to do with the layering merging or something? I recall seeing a server message near the end saying something about how they were going to collapse the layers, or something to that effect. But, even after that message, I had continued to see different layers.

Probably shouldnā€™t have sold all my gear and gave my gold to a lucky Tauren. Hehe. Guess Iā€™ll start from lvl 1 again. Iā€™m excited!

1 Like

Glad to hear that those few hours of fruitless attempts to connect have produced some useful data and hopefully this will lead to a much smoother experience on the actual launch. Fingers crossed on this next one Iā€™ll get to participate in some of the fun I saw going down on the streams.
It was also appreciated having the extended access afterwards to test out the levelling to 5. Look forward to testing out the journey to 10.

Canā€™t Waite Iā€™m fine with just tring to log in if it helps fix it for launch

Guess Iā€™ll be leaving work early nyahaha!

I think will keep our characters. I think they will allow us to go to level 10. I have no idea I hope this is true

will Warsong Gulch be enabled there? Pleaseā€¦

If you planned on playing Alliance on the stress test, unfortunately, yesā€¦ :frowning:

Stormwind got ravaged by all sorts of raid bosses

The ducking stress test kept disconnecting, so ducking annoying!

Awesome. Thx Blizzard.

I think the login boss was a harder gating challenge than the progression raiding theyā€™d expected to do on the Layering boss.

Like trying to get progression on Broodlord and you spend all night wiping on Vael because all the rogues and warlocks left their FR gear at home.

While the first night was frustrating, I did have quite a lot of fun the next day once I could actually play ā€¦ I look forward to helping to test on Wednesday and lvl my testing toon a Dwarf hunter to Lvl 10.

2 Likes

Sweet! Iā€™m not as salty about hours of staring at login screens and error dialogs now.