WoW Classic Stress Test on May 29

Depends on what they’re testing. If the theory is correct that there was a problem involving NEW accounts creating characters and that is why Closed Beta Testers had better luck getting in. It is entirely possible that every character on the stress test realm is going to be wiped away completely so they can re-test that scenario as well come the next testing window. Otherwise they’d need to invite an even larger pool of people in to test thing a second time, and I don’t think they intend to increase the pool size much, if at all for this one.

1 through 5 and 1 through 10 is being rather thoroughly tested in the closed beta. While that kind of feedback from stress testers would likely be appreciated, the odds of anything new being found, with respect to underlying gameplay, is about zero.

What will be getting tested is how they systems behave under heavy load, and that can be largely be done at any level. As what they’re looking for are mob/npc behaviors that don’t exist outside of layering/heavy population concentrations.

I’d say odds are 40/60 on your level 5’s surviving. For clarity: That’s a 60% chance of deletion.

From the sound of things, they didn’t think that part needed testing. They believe they have fixed the issue, so now they want to test what they actually were trying for.

It is something I’ve always kind of wondered about. Why they don’t have a provision in the client for their operations center to possibly send messages out to users who are stuck in a login queue. “It can’t be that difficult” says the guy who has no clue as what all that would involve.

But I’m suspecting a battle.net dev could probably have a working prototype in about 20 minutes or less. Now keeping it secure would probably take a few man-weeks.

1 Like

I mean i got 6 level 5 characters. I dont think it would take as long as you think. Once you hit 20 is really when leveling slows dramatically.

1 Like

Power Word: Shield trainable at level 6!

Are you going to be adding players who weren’t invited previously?

Anyone that got into the stress test will also be picked for beta as well?

Yesssssssssss!

Lvl 10 PvP Raid??? Lvl 10 pvp raid.

2 Likes

wheres the level 10 BIS spread sheet at?!

2 Likes

Praying to every hour of the day for a beta key to participate in. :pray:

4 Likes

Same. Watching WSG being streamed atm. So jealous!!!

1 Like

could you link if you find it? TY!

who exactly ‘forced’ you to watch streamers? just curious. Oh yeah, no one but yourself.

I watched the log in screen boot me continually for two hours, actually made it to the character screen once or twice, but never able to log in during those two hours.

but, here is the difference. I went into the log in screen with the expectation I would not get in. Was it frustrating? Yes, and no. I wanted in, believe me i wanted in, but I also know what a stress test is. Yes, I sat here and for two hours, constantly tried to log in, boring as can be, but needed info for blizzard.

Without stressing the log in screen, blizzard can’t fix issues with it, so for everyone who could not get in first time, saying no thanks to trying for the second test, remember that when you can’t get in on launch day.

Far too many people think of this kind of testing as just a preview of what’s to come, when it’s not just that. that’s what the PTR is used for before launch. This is the time to find problems so they can be fixed.

No, one does not guarantee the other. I believe I read that they had the beta testers needed at this time. Stress testing is different, they bring in more people with the hopes that we break the system so they can fix it lol.

so on launch day you don’t spend hours in queue for a .000001 percent chance at making it to character creation?

This thread died like a day ago, but please go on stanning it.

So I guess I won’t be getting in this time either.

Is there any word yet if we will still have our characters we made in the first stress test to use or will we have to start over?

1 Like

I spent a gold or more working on my tailoring for kicks and giggles…maybe it was me lol

Agreed my account has been active since April of 2005 and after multiple waves i am still not in. Amazing really.

2 Likes