WoW Classic Stress Test on May 29

Tell him well be waiting for him.

2 Likes

They wont be wiping everyone’s level 5 data because it would mean they have to keep the test open longer for people to level up to 10. That being said I doubt they’ll wipe the data for this reason.

this. will we actually be able to log in this time if we arent streamers. lol

If you’re wondering if your character(s) will get wiped heres my answer (Im not saying im a prophet but I did say in Tirisfal Glades general chat that I think theyll raise the lvl cap to 10 and whatya know?). No. It would make no sense for the devs to wipe data and give players less time to find bugs that are further into the game when it seems we’ll be getting the same 24 hrs to test.

If they wipe the character data on everyone, theyll just be sending everyone back through where testing has already been done and completed. This isnt to say that the 1-5 experience is completely bug- free, however. Which is why I believe they will admit a sparse few more into the stress test while the others who started before go from 5-10 to find and report any bugs that may be encountered there.
To summarize:
~ No data wipe cause 1-5 lvling has already been tested.
~ The login process is what will be tested the most due to the high number of reported login problems and failures, so they’ll be paying the most attention to that aspect I believe.
~A few more will be selected to start Stress testing and begin from lvl 1-10 (Id say like 100-150).
~Stress Test Veterans will be able to test and find bugs to lvl 10.
~Please do not take this for fact, this is my speculation on how it may go down. If any of this does come to pass, I will be awaiting my crown and ascension to the grand title of “Divine Prophet of the Beta” and the ability to summon murlocs wherever and however I please.

4 Likes

Very likely the same characters. My toon is still on the stress test realm, it’s just not available to play right now.

1 Like

I beg you, for the LOVE OF GOD … send some GM on our(Horde) way. We had NO GM “WTF” moment … Alliance got Guardian of Blizzard(which only appeared twice prior to this event)*, VC, Ragnaros, Onyxia, C’Thun, Windnaros(as i nick name him, but it is the thunderfury drop boss), Patchwerk, Thrall …

Horde only got(from what i heard) a few Hoggers in the Valley of Spirits.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE send Omar and Bob our way, we want to have fun too as well(not saying i didn’t have fun,but the Alliance CLEARLY was overwhelming, interm of GM presense)

*: (For those who wonder, Guardian of Blizzard was summoned during Vanilla to prevent players to turn it the Zandalar Badge from Zul’Gurub, because there was a bug about them, so they put a Guardian of Blizzard protecting and casting “Finger of Death” to anyone beign close to where it was. The second time was during the PTR of Siege of Oggrimar, Towlee(sorry for misspronoucnign your name) one of the great tank bak then had finished the PTR fight of the Paragons, but there was no trash except the Same Guardian of Blizzard(which were weak because level 90 players BLASTING them) that was unable to protect the Grommash’s room.)

5 Likes

Yeah they’re literally just gonna power on the server and unlock it for login attempts.

did someone say deadmines raids?

The run to SW shouldn’t take you more than 30mn if you suicide in the cove located at the border of wetlands and Dun morogh

Well I got stuck on character creation timeout if I could even get that far last time. Now that they’re made hopefully I can login while it’s happening this time lol.

OMG OMG im so hyped thank you!

3 Likes

So if your in the Stress Test, when its complete do you have access to the Beta? Or is it just this and then we are thrown to the curb?

Not sure I am inclined to attempt this stress test. this past one saw login queues in the thousands and character creation time outs… Never got to play… Cursed Blizzard the entire night…

This is a test. You DON’T have access to the Beta, UNLESS you receive an email from Blizzard saying you got access to it. If not, you can always check the “Beta&Stress server Test” and look at the realm available. If you have Classic PvE and Classic PvP, then congrat! You are in the beta!

I mean, most streamers got a smooth access to the s erver test,… but i think the reason why some peopel got smooth access to it, is because they alreay have access to the beta, while people who don.t … well … i guess that what Blizzard wante to test? But it as so missleading

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. While i get that they need to stress test things, what happens when we can actually all play? I mean how many people are beta testing the servers right now? I mean yeah for sure 99% of the streamers, but averages joes like you or me? Hell ive been playing this game non-stop since just before BC dropped. Made a rogue and leveled it, loved it. but she died with LK. still have my spirit of summer and taberd though lol. Honestly im stoked for vanilla. I just want it to be a smooth transition in to live. And i think blizzard fails to see with a limited number of beta players, they aren’t going to see all of the problems that will actually stress the system when it does go live. Look at every launch (well ever). Beta should be close to being finished, and they should just open it up and see what crashes. thats where the data comes in, rather than scramble on D-day to figure out what they need to patch.

Now, i forgot to mention a bug, that someone probably reported during the stress server test, but still worth to share it here, in case.

So, i hear about this only twice during the test. SOMEHOW, in SOMEWAY. There was some BETA(the real Beta) players were visible to the Server Stress test players.

Someone linked me a screenshot about their chat, and there was a “(can’t remember name)-ClassicBetaPVP”, which is quite bizarre an odd, considering that THIS should not be able to occur.

I think the reason why it did, si becasue the ClassicBetaPvE/PVP/StressServerTest were up in same time, and maybe due to layering fault, there was a fluke.

But, i still put some blame on Blizzard for being missleading and not accurate about the stress server test.

Now, my guess is that, Beta players will still ahve a smooth access, while the May22th SST players will ahve the same problem as they had on their test, during the May29th SST.

it was awesome to tell the truth but I kind of hope there’s server wipe because my dwarf drank all his money away lol if there’s no wipe he will wake up hung over and broke lol

1 Like

Its like 90%+ chance they will wipe for the next stress test. Would be very surprised if they didn’t.