WoW Classic Stress Test – June 19-21

thank you so much!! =) was really worried about that since I already have some money in my bnet balance.

No worries. The balance itself won’t give you the access, but applying it to a game account to get 30 days will.

$15 for a 2-3 day “Test”?

Sorry, but I will repeat myself again…

My next Sub to Blizzard will be the FULL RELEASE CLASSIC Game where I get to play for 30 Days, NOT 2-3 days!

A Stress Test should be FREE! If you want to Stress test the Servers so bad why are you making people PAY YOU to do it Blizzard?

Really?!!

1 Like
1 Like

It’s not a required payment. Because you are not required to have access. Its not early access, its the player base helping Blizzard. You lose nothing from not participating. Don’t pay, its not worth it.

Good, this is smart reasoning.

3 Likes

From my experience in the first two stress tests, it’s really more like a dungeon with multiple bosses.

First, there’s the Login Server Boss, and he has a harsh CC ability that dramatically slows down your attacks by putting you under a debuff called a “Queue.” You have to outlast the timer on the queue debuff while dodging the “disconnect” ability of the Login Server Boss than can easily one-shot you if not avoided.

Second, you have to defeat the Retrieving Realm List Boss, but there is a very short timer to do so, and if you aren’t fast enough, you “time out” and have to start over, not just with this boss, but all the way back to the start of the dungeon run with the Login Server Boss. This is a common ability shared by all bosses: if you fail, you oftentimes go all the way back to the start of the run!

Third, you must do battle with the Character Creation Boss, who has a deceptive attack: he lets you make a character, but you most often cannot save it! But that defensive boss ability is on a timer, so you have to wait to see if you have avoided it. This was the hardest obstacle I had to overcome in the stress tests: I must have attempted this dozens and dozens of times without success. The only good thing is that failure doesn’t in this case return you to the start of the dungeon, you just have to try to save your character again. Of course, the Character Creation Boss can always use the “disconnect” attack which does send you all the way back to the beginning.

Fourth, once you’ve made and saved a character, you have to actually enter the world by overcoming the Load Instance Boss. This boss is basically an RNG check sort of boss, where you have to demonstrate that you have enough luck to overcome a very nasty RNG check, sort of like rolling a natural 20 but in this case is more like rolling a natural 100.

If you overcome all the bosses, you are finally in the game and able to “play,” meaning you can move around and get quests, but then you have to compete with everyone else to get those X number of specific kills of a particular mob that dozens and dozens of others are also trying to complete, so it boils down to a contest to see who can camp a spawn point and tag a mob first. The only good thing about this contest is that there are lots of other mobs that don’t count for the quest that you will inevitably tag and kill, meaning that by the time you complete that very first quest in the starting area, you’ll have leveled up two or three times.

The really harsh thing about this dungeon run is that during the two or three hours of the official “stress test”, all the bosses and their abilities receive a x10 power buff, which is only removed once the official stress test is over. That means you won’t be able to complete the dungeon until after the stress test is over, that is, of course, unless Blizz has granted you the “Streamer Immunity Buff” that totally counteracts that x10 power buff for the bosses during the actual stress test.

This cow for one can’t wait for Wednesday!

/moo :cow:

12 Likes

I’m so ready to test the queue system! I can wait in a queue like a boss!

1 Like

It is free - to the people subscribed. There are enough of them already to test so they really don’t need you to pay them. Save your money if it is that dear to you.

2 Likes

I think you need to keep in mind this is only the third stress test thus far, and we have seen an increase each time. Perhaps the one in July will be global?; but perhaps it wont since there is only one instance of the beta and its in North America.

1 Like

Man you really suck at reading or what?

1 Like

It is already not fair enough to let US subbers in for free, but force other regions to sub to US too.

BTW, it’s just a test server, it doesn’t have to be fair.

Who told you to uninstall it?

1 Like

Blizzard gave them options, they chose unwisely.

2 Likes

There were a couple of blue posts suggesting they put it there so people could uninstall.

Hogger Run!

大联盟准备进攻奥格瑞玛!

1 Like

I could be wrong, but how I interpreted it for EU is to have an active subscription and switch over to the NA client where the stress test will be held. I highly doubt they will exclude an entire region even after EU players are already in the Beta and past stress tests. Sorry if I’m wrong or if the answer has already came out.

Finally Need to scratch that Classic itch ill have a bit of time to play cant wait.

The stress test doesn’t last over the weekend, which is what they were suggesting… I guess you don’t know how to read. /sigh

1 Like

No I think there would be a post on our forums if this were the case. It most definitely refers to the account type. I’m curious how it will work for people who have both an EU and a US/OC account added to their en/gb website Battlenet and which both have subs.