WoW Classic Stress Test – June 19-21

Not on these forums! Entitlement! Entitlement!

5 Likes

Hello cutie patootie! :heart_eyes:

wow I forgot these forums were so toxic. tapping out guys. Enjoy people like these lol

So have we finally reached that point where we’re just completely okay with paying $15 to stress test somebody’s servers for them? Not only that but actually thanking them for the opportunity?

I mean it was bad enough when it was just for the RNG chance to get access to the actual closed beta, but this somehow seems worse to me. Maybe it’s just me.

1 Like

Or you know… don’t.

Its a stress test. Its not early access. You lose nothing by not participating. This is just entitlement rearing its ugly green head.

3 Likes

Oh rest assured, I won’t be. I just think anybody with eyes could take a step back and see how asinine the situation actually is.

You’re helping me prove my point more than you realize.

this should be a blast thanks for the info

They did. I spent 10 years on Oceanic servers and never heard “mismatched dongs”.

That’s being monetized as though it were early access. That’s my entire point.

You’re reading into it too much chief. Based on your own statement of “unsociable” hours, why would you expect Blizzard to have their devs on at “unsociable” hours?

You only want to talk about how you’re inconvenienced. You could care less about how Blizzard has to run their work shifts.

Get over yourself, grow up and just be happy that in 2 months we will be playing the game we love.

2 Likes

No it isn’t. If no-one subscribed for it, they’d still have enough players. What they’re preventing is people using multiple accounts or non-players from disrupting the test.

It’s essentially a firewall against interference, because they have enough paid subscribers chomping at the bit.

4 Likes

Mexico isn’t its own region under blizzard’s geographical server organization. But if Mexico had the largest playerbase then I don’t see the issue. But really, it’s a beta and Blizzard can choose what demographic is best to test with. Nobody is entitled to a beta invite. Also, anyone who wants to play can simply make an NA or Oceania account and activate it to play on the stress test…

Oh right so the devs wouldn’t be around at say 8am PDT (4pm BST), 12pm PDT (8pm BST)? I’m sorry, I didn’t realise they only worked late shifts. I’m sure their working day coincides with more sociable EU times. Not that we’re even invited x-D.

oh ya I had a LOT OF FUN the first test sitting on no server online for 4 hours and then 2 hours of character creation down.

So wait until the stress part of the test is over then. You have 48 hours available to play.

It will be interesting to see if anyone is able to get in during the 3 hour focus test period with them opening it up :slight_smile: We shall see what they did with the info from the 1st 2 tests and if it helps with logins. Should be fun!

If they provide an open cap on Layers, then I imagine we’ll see queues in bursts, as they fill the layers up.

Thank you Kaivax, and thank you team. Super excited. Super dooper excited!

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding. But is there a difference between having a sub or buying game time separately? There’s an option to either buy a sub or to buy 30 days, 90 days, etc of game time. If I buy 30 days of game time will I still be allowed in? Or do I need to have a recurring sub?

No difference. If you can log in and play on a 21+ level character, you are eligible. it doesn’t matter whether you have a rotating subscription or token/block purchased active game time. Blizzard sometimes simply calls “active game time” a subscription.