WoW Classic Stress Test – June 19-21

I don’t know if this has already been said but you all seem to forget that not everyone in the EU speak English, though everyone can submit bug reports in the stress test.

So by opening the flood Gates and let everyone in the EU get access, you also allow yourself to be flooded with French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian bug reports that can’t be processed.

Which isn’t to mention I suspect the extended maintenance last week was to make changes to various infrastructure to accommodate what they think is coming in this test. Opening it up to the EU and globally is just “too much” and well above and beyond anything any one region is likely to ever see, so it wouldn’t be a valid test condition.

Then depending on the results of the NA Stress test, they’ll either go for an unscheduled encore(or extended test window), or make the changes needed in the other regions which will have their own round of Regional stress tests during the third scheduled test. Although it leaves me curious what will be going on in NA on that day.

and

In your long write-up for what’s coming, I see no mention of what the status will be for the Closed Beta Servers while this is going on. Are they going offline again during the “focus window,” or are they being kept online as a “control group” while things start exploding on the Stress Test side of things?

Given the rather substantial size of the invite pool for this Stress Test. I imagine there won’t be much shortage in regards to people trying to overwhelm the servers.

1 Like

What entitlement attitude? What’s up with people like you just calling absolutely everything “entitled”? Do you even know what that word means? I often have the feeling many people in the US don’t, seeing how inflationary it’s being used.

I can work on addons now while I have time, once the game releases I’d like to be able to allot that time to play the game instead. If you can’t understand why I’m somewhat pissed about not having the opportunity to test some things so I won’t waste hours for nothing, then I can’t help you and your narrow horizon. In case you completely missed that part of my post then maybe l2read.

Oh joy, stress test, forgot streamers only get to enjoy the classic beta…

Blizzard was founded in Irvine, California. It’s center of operations has always been in Irvine. Although it’s legal headquarters has moved around a bit due to tax reasons as i recall.

Blizzard was owned by Vivendi, which was a French investment conglomerate. Due to that link, Blizzard had(and retains) a presence in France, but that is not the same thing as Blizzard being based in France.

That matter is moot anyway, as Activision bought Blizzard off of Vivendi back around 2007. Activision is a United States based corporation.

I’m going to side with Eloraell on this one.

How is a EU body that is level capped on a level 15 any different than one from North America?

About the only difference I can imagine is that the Europeans would have higher latencies when trying to connect to servers located in close proximity to Blizzard HQ, you know, the place that the Classic Dev Team calls home.

2 Likes

My sub runs out a few hours before. Unlucky me :(((((

1 Like

I think he is under the belief that localization adds additional strain to the servers or something to that effect, which is why the multi-lingual EU should be prioritized for testing.

I guess somebody forgot to let him know the client handles that, not the servers.

2 Likes

TBH at this point I think its more that he made a claim he knows amounts to “I want access” and can’t back it up.

2 Likes

Made no such claim.

However I did successfully prove that OC servers run on PDT, at which point someone reported my post - which is flagging abuse by the way and you conveniently disappeared because you couldn’t counter argue. Still waiting to hear why at 6am AEST the Darnassus bells rang once, and at 7 and 8am they rang twice and thrice respectively in Stormwind (which is 1, 2 and 3pm PDT)…or why the realm selection page quotes maintenance on OC servers using PDT. Suspect I’ll be waiting all day. Anyone can make a level 1 and run to the city just before the hour to test that by the way. S/he won’t though, as it’ll undermine their facts.

If you redownload it. It will be old content. Not worth playin…oh my bad…oh I went and addef my Sub back. Updated and bed time… Up in am 5 est…

I’ve seen EU and Asian players in the closed beta. The Kanji/et al lettering for character names is a big tip off. The German item links in trade and guild chat are another one. I’ve seen Spanish and French as well. They’re around and in the beta, they’re not being ignored.

They’re just not the target group for this next Stress Test.

3 Likes

I don’t plan to resubscribe for the stress test but will the file used for it be patched to the full client?

I have some extra data this month and would rather download the bulk of it now if it is just being patched to a release state.

It will likely be close to an “authentic launch condition” though. Gives them all kinds of sweet sweet data to work with.

Because they don’t want to work over the weekend probably.

No guarantees, but likely. The way it works now, the data is stored together and the games just use the files they want. The Classic beta and Classic would use the same files from Data.

I can’t say for sure though.

You do realize the closed beta is still one of the most restrictive beta tests Blizzard has ever done? Blizzard employees typically get 10 F&F invites, most employees are doing good to have three in the beta right now.

They’ve got the closed beta locked down pretty tight right now.

That’s nothing but speculation.

I know a British guy that used them in every single one of his alts names and he was known for being an alt-hussy. I’d wager other Britsh and even native English speaking Americans do the same. You can’t just assume that they’re foreign because they use them. Sure, they might be, but they might not be either.

Well yes that’s apparent now, but I don’t think they’ve ever once expanded beyond the fact that it would be a small beta, just how small.

You have been complaining about this for 6 hours now and I still don’t understand why. You are lvl 21 so you have a US account so what’s the problem ?

1 Like

I and others were speculating that the enitre Classic population would be concentrated in NA, as it made some degree of sense(in regards to server “dead times” in particular).

But this latest stress test announcement has me thinking they’re going to stick with regional servers. Otherwise they’d be trying to simulate a wider release scenario IMO. As that isn’t what they’re doing, it’s likely to be regional. NA simply is the guinea pig.