WoW Classic Stress Test Date

Part of my job involves planning and provisioning sufficient servers for our clients (not Blizzard). The concept that “Oh we just need a few extra servers, and just change the language” is fast or no work… I wish.

How about Copy&Paste the already virtual servers and just changing their names?

Well at least I guess it’s not even a server option which language it’s assigned to (every language client already works on the international servers). I rather think it is part of the “Server List Interface”.

Yeah but Blizzard’s server structure works on their cloud now it’s not like they have to get new server blades or anything.

Because not only does that not work, because you have to do a bunch of configuration steps, you also have things like adding it to the firewalls (of which I imagine Blizzard has multiple layers), a bunch of other network provisioning, and you also have to look at load profiles and determine whether you really do need more permanent hardware. Blizzard uses AT&T to host their hardware, but they provide the hardware themselves and have peak caps and load profiles that they have to maintain across all products.

I don’t know about Blizzard’s specific infrastructure, but in most specialized cloud environments, half the work for provisioning a server outside of emergencies is planning and assessment.

Thanks Kaivax! Hopefully the stress test moves to a weekend? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think Blizzard works weekends.

soontm? wat mean plz say

Anyone else reminded of Atlas early access launch with all these push backs? Its kind of funny but also annoying as many people that don’t work mon-fri jobs actually did trade shifts to be off for this. Some extreme people even used vacation time.

What they could do is just leave this one alone as planned and do a separate final one a week or w/e later when they are ready. They don’t really lose anything by not canceling it and adding an extra. But I guess they don’t really gain much either aside from making the customers happy so why should they bother.

What push backs? The launch date hasn’t changed, and this Stress Test is literally the only announced date that has changed.

So the stress test for the 18th and 19th wont be happening then, great i even took time off of work for this ugh !!!

Thank you for taking your time and making the game fun and good. At least i know that i will have a good experience in august at release. I would have like very much to have been able to play it before the actual release but at least i know you guys are working hard at it.

Thanks again!

They would be better off doing it during the time of the gift sub. That will likely be a more realistic test IMO.

2 Likes

It hasn’t been on the 18th for weeks…

14 days ago.

2 Likes

Not really. Everyone is just going to resub on the 12th to get into Character Creation. not a big deal.

1 Like

In other words, you don’t want people using their three free days of game time that were just gifted. You want to milk everyone for that $15 sub because you know people will sub just for the test.

The free days expire on July 28. Likely we see the stresstest one week later, which puts it right after the days expire. Super shady.

1 Like

How long is the stress test last for 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week?

How do you get the beta client for the stress test? Will it be in the Blizzard Battle Net Laucher when they have the actual date set?

Bet they saw June and not July lol

rofl, why on earth would you take time off for a STRESS TEST?

3 Likes

Agree. This doesn’t feel like a money thing. This feels like a ‘we’re in a bit too deep atm thing’.

1 Like