WoW Classic - Stress Test 1 Ending Info

I feel like the donkey and the carrot.

So the layering mechanism essentially failed to work?

1 Like

i am at gurubashi arena! an event has already happened earlier, chance, sodapoppin’s tauren druid, got the cap’ns chest. new one spawning at 6

Well I’d say it works as intended. Normally, we won’t be tossed into different layers randomly. You login and join a layer. The way I understand it, you’ll stay in that layer unless you logoff or get invited into a group which is in another layer.

Yesterday, we were toss back to back into different layers on purpose to “test things out”. The layer tech definitly works.

3 Likes

Were you actually told that was what was going on and why, or are you just assuming it was them intentionally doing it?

We had yellow warnings telling us what was going on. They told us “Ok we’re about to start testing the layering tech. Things might be weird and the world may or may not explode in a ball of fire”

This is when people/mobs started to disappear, then a bunch of new people appeared. They moved us on different layers, then bring us back to our original layer. Things like that.

1 Like

Yeah you can tell when layering is going on, and sometimes people DC.

Hey all, I’m still in Elwynn Forest in the Stress test server if any Horde wanna help out. There’s only so much damage I can do alone right now!

I don’t speak the language, but this is from my later, successful attempt:

5/23 00:42:45.178 Client Initialize.
5/23 00:42:57.121 Initial Hotfixes: Received
5/23 00:42:57.138 Initial Hotfixes: Fake Connect
5/23 00:42:57.155 Initial Hotfixes: Requested
5/23 00:42:57.195 Initial Hotfixes: Applied
5/23 00:42:58.782 Loading Screen Enable : 0 - 1
5/23 00:42:58.948 Client Object Manager Initialized: 0
5/23 00:43:00.243 Client : Load Map Begin : 0

It appears “Fake Connect” was part of a successful login attempt.

3 Likes

Well, I finally got in but keep getting DCed every minute or so. :slightly_frowning_face:

Well said.

Thank you so much for the invite. I felt as though I had been chosen by the God’s. I only spent a few minutes on running around before I got kicked off and couldn’t log back in though I tried. I figured even doing that would help answer your questions in hopes that we can play soon. Thank you again and I hope you got what you needed.

I got to enter Azeroth this afternoon on the Classic Stress Test server and streamed for a bit showing my Deaf viewers (I’m a Deaf player) how it was in Classic and how to send in feedback for the quests. Thank you for a much improved test today. I really appreciated the chance.

Actually
that was the whole point of the stress test, you helped immensely.

2 Likes

Stress test working as intended. I was able to log in: Check. Handling multiple login attempts passed muster.

I wasn’t. Until today. lol

Still, working as intended. We beat that server over the head with a lead-lined two-by-four repeatedly until it cried “uncle.”

I can confirm eastern time this morning I was able to play on the server as smooth as possible. Made a human mage and teamed up with people to take down monsters it was great!

One downside was we can only go to level 5

i got in the stress test not a streamer nor did I play during classic.

I was with you guys , i hat 2 ptrs removed by the cs team. and my stress test beta inv came thru acouple hours ago

1 Like

Well, I knew it was a test because it was called a test. So, you know, it’s only to be expected for there to be huge problems. That’s why Blizzard did this and anyone who knows anything whatsoever about machines, software, and the challenges they present, would have assumed this could happen. Being upset that you didn’t get to play Classic months ahead of time is unreasonable. I’d much rather Blizzard do it this way than to wait until release to start looking for login issues. I give kudos to Blizzard for doing their best to use this foresight. I look forward to being part of the next stress test.

1 Like