WoW Classic Era Realm Connections Coming May 18

No need to worry 90% of the player base going to be playing TBC. So enjoy that $15-$150 for emptiness.

That’s why they are connecting the servers and if anyone is just going to Classic Era they aren’t paying extra for it.

No point for anyone residing on any of the RP realms (Bloodsaid, Grob, or Deviate), Remelous, or the Latin and Brazilian realm. Each of these servers are rather under populated to begin with… and will be dead for classic era.

I beg blizzard to reexamine their plans for these realms. I see 0 point in paying for character copies for a dead realm.

I have both a horde char on Yojamba, and an Alliance char on Argul. What’s going to happen there?

If 90% of the people are playing TBC what does it matter if they combine 4 or 5 servers. Still going to be under half populated and still going to die off pretty rapidly.

Maybe they’ll sell you a $35 faction change? Per character?

This is my favorite blue post ever.

Nobody is really expecting Era servers to be busy. I’ve never been a big fan of connected realms but I can see the point here. I know of enough people who plan to stay behind where with connections the servers shouldn’t be completely dead.

I mostly just wanted to point out that if a person is staying in Era only, or take one character to TBC and leave one character on Era, they don’t have to pay extra for it so there’s not necessarily money spent.

What about grobbulus and deviate delight? DD has been struggling with population for a while now, are we just expected to cough up the money for a transfer / copy and deal with it. Very disappointed at how shafted the smaller servers are going to get with this TBC plan.

To be honest, I wouldn’t expect much world PvP at this stage on the Classic Era servers.

Would you rather connect with Grob and DD (RP-PvP) or non-RP PvE servers? Need one of these two options. Your server will be very dead otherwise.

You should express an opinion with your community on this.

This. I feel bad for ppl who rolled on Deviate instead of sticking to Grobb due to wait times (which was nothing compared to the other big servers). DD has a small (and declining) population size because blizzard that Blizz opened it up way too late, instead of at launch/name reserve for eastcoast RPPVP.

But if yall decide to transfer, nobody will complain as Ally side of grobb needs more RPers. And the lads on Horde side will love to make more cross faction events and rp pvp battles as its always a ton of fun.

Edit:

If you rp, I honestly believe making a character copy for classic only to be a waste of money. Most RPers are going to continue with TBC as its a continuation of their character’s stories and development. Only people who wanna stay on classic only are people who just wanna raid classic forever for speedruns than RP, and besides some zones once prepatch hits being inaccessible even for RP (Mount Hyjal and the No mans land ‘debuff’ coming in patch 2.0) , its just not worth it.

Grobbulus going with DD and Bloodsail is because theyre all labelled RP servers, but youre not the only PvE server being lumped in with PvP with these Classic realm only connections. If Bloodsail was left alone and only Grobb and DD got connected, you guys would have a very empty world. With only <100 players and eventually will decay and slowly decline, and you’ll end up like Judgement-EU right now, with only 45 active players.

Im sure all 5 of you guys will find a way to work something out.

1 Like

Well there is your problem. You joined a rp server and you admit that you did it for your own personal reasons.

Hopefully you learned your lesson.

I hope the RP servers get included in these lists. It really discourage me from cloning my characters if my server is dead

3 Likes

Merge Classic DD with grobb please. My server is already low population on classic side, but will be dead dead if its its own entity in classic. At the very least a small rp community from both servers could keep it alive in the future.

Good to see Blizz has forgotten RP servers. No reason for me to keep my sub to go play Classic BC. I can RP on Discord or in Conan and ESO for free.

1 Like

I have horde on eartfury and ally on sulf. What happens when i clone both?

1 Like

I think you’re confused. Connected realms are the same as merged realms in every way except that it doesn’t require any name changes. The people you see will be the same.

The other 4 are PvE realms as well.

Please, group Sul’thraze with any other realms, pleeeease, anyone, we already have 50 players in total, in classic era that will be close to 0