WoW Classic Era Realm Connections Coming May 18

People cry over everything. Heaven forbid we have a server name on a nametag.

I look forward to playing with people who actually enjoy classic. I’ll see you awesome people in game next week. :heart:

6 Likes

This is the best we could hope for, just wished it was communicated earlier instead of so last minute.

I created a Thread about this awhile ago and talking about wanting to still have Server Identity and not resent “the others” from “the other” Servers. It’s immersion breaking, for me, whether you get it or not. I’m not sure who all is actually from my Server or not.

That’s me, though. You may enjoy it, but I don’t, and that’s OK.

3 Likes

Thank you!

/cheer

I was about to ask wtf happens to Remulos.

Why would you link all the alliance heavy servers together and all of the horde heavy servers together? Is it so wrong to desire a gaming experience that allows me to have more than 15 auctions on the auctions house, the ability to have crafters for potions, enchants and reagents? Please reconsider the the realms you have selected to group together, and don’t leave it to the players to figure out where they have to transfer to achieve a balanced play experience.

1 Like

Yes, that would be the logical thing to do…

No one, including Blizzard as of the present (this might change after people purchase their copies) has ANY clue how classic server population is gonna shake out, particularly in the long term, as people get their fill of TBC and potentially go back to vanilla.

4 Likes

Yeah but it’s the price I’m willing to take. I was already going up and down whether if I should stay or go because population but this certainly helps and now I can clone (with new affordable price!) and not worry about returning/staying on a dead realm lol.

That said, is this like layering/sharding? And can the people from other servers still use our AH?

Yeah, they had an opportunity to balance but they put the alliance heavy EST PVP servers and the horde heavy EST PVP servers together. I don’t get it. Earthfury has been somewhat balanced for a while, I like balanced. I have no problem with connected Era realms but this part was disappointing.

That’s fine, I just don’t agree with it.

IK I’m the Minority opinion here, but I wouldn’t have minded “dead” realms.

Layering, no. Sharding might be a possibility.

I’m assuming that’s what it means.

I was hoping, at the very least, only slap Server Names to same name folks while having a Name Change option.

It (Connected Realms) really does mess with my immersion of the game, and it’s a valid reason whether people agree with me or not.

EDIT:

FYI, we ALL have to recreate the Guilds (this is for Classic ONLY, regardless if you Copy there or pick to stay there):

• Characters activated on a Classic Era realm are all guild-less, including Guild Masters. On Classic Era realms, all guilds must be recreated
4 Likes

For Oceanic, will we still have Remulos as a Classic Era Normal realm ?

I was hoping they’d establish new Era servers and allow people to transfer their Era characters to them, instead of having Vanilla and TBC servers of the same name. Much disappointment.

Under the current plan, the connected realm containing Herod does nothing to address the faction imbalance. I know it’ll depend on how many people choose to continue playing Vanilla, but the count available from IF.pro puts it at 2:1 in favor of the horde, just like Herod already is.

I guess they expect people to pay to escape any predicaments instead of giving a resettlement option when Era realms go live. Color me surprised. :unamused:

3 Likes

We all knew this was coming.

The servers themselves still exist. For example, Earthfury and Herod still exist as seperate servers, they’re just connected now. I’d assume you still won’t be able to create a Horde an Alliance character on Earthfury.

However, it makes an archaic rule even more archaic, as I think you’ll be able to keep a Horde character on Earthfury but make an Alliance character on Herod. Essentially having a Horde and Alliance character on the same ‘server’.

So you decided to stack all the Horde dominated servers together for pvp realms?

1 Like

It never plays that way. It’s been some before. Only solution is merging servers.

Come play on Bloodsail Buccaneers! We’re still low pop and never getting merged because it’s still the only “RP” realm

4 Likes

This is true. Scroll to bottom of page…

1 Like

Keep that PvP stuff way away from us on Bloodsail thank you very much

4 Likes

So there’s no point in copying to classic deviate delight. A realm merge would save the server, but now there’s no chance raiding will happen. Sucks :frowning: