WoW Classic Era Realm Connections Coming May 18

Remulos (Oceanic PVE) is missing. But it’s going to be difficult to find a place for it as the only other Oceanic realms are PVP.

If you’re doing cross-realm connections rather than actual, REAL merges, do you have the technology to allow players on a PVE realm to remain unflagged in zones while those on a PVP realm remain flagged like normal?

So you are ok with losing your name then?

Ok.

This is NOT cross server. Its connected realms. . You are all ONE BIG server now! For what that matters with how few will be around.

Think man. Just stop and think. Outrage does nothing for you.

5 Likes

This is a huge relief. However, it’s still not cool that it took this long to confirm this info. When TBC was officially announced, many (if not most) of us assumed that there would be some form of combining Classic Era servers, but when you remained silent on the matter until just 5 days before that change was to happen it lead many of us to believe that vanilla would just be left for dead. I guess this news is better late than never, but it’d be nice if you guys would just be better about openly communicating your plans instead of waiting to see how many people are ticked off before acting.

1 Like

That some guy is on YOUR server, and you are on HIS server.

Rocket Spaghetti!

7 Likes

Just a hunch here but Remulos (OC only PVE server) will most likely be super low populated in classic era. Any thoughts on what to do there?

This removed all incentive for me to clone my characters. You killed classic

9 Likes

Nothing about Sul’thraze?

Hope they put Loatheb in there since its already pretty dead this would be the last nail.

There are 2 concerns here for me.

1. I have horde and alliance on connected pvp realms now. How will that be affected by the rule of not being able to have both factions on the same realm. And will this rule remain in place for pvp servers.

2. would it be better to wait and see the populations that remain in classic after the prepatch and release of tbc before connecting realms.

3 Likes

What do they mean by “connections”? Like Connected Realms? (Sigh) it was fun while it lasted, I guess.

I didn’t see any of the other RP Servers listed, I mean the RP-PvP ones like Grobb and DD. Does that mean we won’t exist in Perma Classic? :frowning:

Basically, it’s a server merger but you keep the guild and character names. Other than that, it’s functionally the same.

Because you keep the names, if the name is a duplicate, it’ll say which server it’s originally from.

I too hope bloodsail gets merged or there’s very little point to copying characters over. Pity, 15 was a reasonable price.

1 Like

Also wondering this. What about Grobb etc? RP PVP… Ty

Well, we ALL have to recreate the Guilds (this is for Classic ONLY, regardless if you Copy there or pick to stay there):

• Characters activated on a Classic Era realm are all guild-less, including Guild Masters. On Classic Era realms, all guilds must be recreated
1 Like

so its gonna be 2 guilds?

Whoever thought of this clearly has no idea what the faction populations are.
It’s going to be 70% horde with all those combinations.

5 Likes

So what is the meaning of not being able to transfer from PVE to PVP? Why not open PVE to PVP?

What you mean you won’t talk? You can not talk or you won’t talk?

1 Like

Rev up that opposite faction alt for pvp! Here we go! Cant wait to punch guys on the same faction as me with a muscular orc version of myself.

1 Like

Connected realms are the same as merging basically, the grouped up realms becomes one realm, the realm names serves basically as a surname for your character.

IK what Connected Realms are, I just don’t like them. I don’t like the Server Names just slapped across our names :frowning:

5 Likes