WoW Character Loading / Load in Issue

Ive been having this issues for years but it always loads after like 5 seconds so ive just ignored it.

It’s not really as game-breaking as the thread here:

Which may or may not go hand-in-hand with this issue.

I have both issues, I just wish they’d issue a fix.

After the patch yesterday my game will no longer run properly.
Mine freezes at the character selection screen. In the even that I am able to choose a character, I have yet to make it past the loading screen.

System Specs:

• Intel i9-12900K
  • RTX 4080
  • Asus Z690-E Strix
  • G-Skill DDR5-6000 CL36 32gb
  • Power Pro 12 1200W
  • Crucial P2 1TB NVMe

Things I have tried to fix the issue:

• Scan and Repair
  • Turn off ALL addons
  • Renamed WTF, Cache, and Interface folders
  • Updated all drivers that needed it
  • Rolled back video driver to earlier version
  • Swapped out the video card with a new out of the box 4090 I purchased for a workstation
  • Switched from wireless to wired internet
  • Reset Winsock
  • Reinstalled the game on Primary drive
  • Reinstalled the game to a storage drive that has nothing else on it (2 TB SSD)
  • Installed the game on a different PC **
    ** This did actually fix the issue for about an hour. The game locked up in the middle of doing a daily. It is now doing the same thing my gaming machine is doing.

I can comfortably state that this is in no way a ME problem. This is 100% a Blizzard problem. The system I play on is no more then 5 months old. Everything on it is up to date and running perfectly. Nothing is overclocked. As an aside, no other games I have are having issues. That includes retail wow.

Another week and still no fix.

Not sure what excatly it was but this weeks patch fixed my issue. Character select and loading in seems to be back to normal, no more hanging on either. Hopefully it fixed it for everyone here too.

1 Like

Yeah I think this issue is fixed, it was on PTR and Blizzard talked about having a fix ready for it going Live.

I’m not 100% certain it’s completely gone, but it’s a whole hell of a lot better.

I haven’t had a lot of time to test and usually step away while loading the game because it used to take a couple of seconds, previously. I’ll check back in and see if it’s fixed once the servers are live again.

Edit: It’s mostly fixed. I’d call that a W.

Guild page still have a short freeze when opening it first time on login and loading screens are longer than before Df. It also takes like 3 seconds to load in players etc. in Valdrakken, tho I don’t have any freezes related to that anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.