Wow account banned permanently - edit - account unbanned after multiple appeals

You do understand an appeal is only to see if a mistake was made, something over looked. Not for them to consider some new evidence or information.

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m on appeal number 6 with little success so far you are correct. My suggestion would be to add a window popup/prompt when you accept mail with Gold from a character not on your friends list.

If you want to make a suggestion, youā€™d want to do such outside of the support forums - no one here past such along.

3 Likes

Not to be crass but that is why you never accept thingā€™s from people outside of your friends list.

In the past it wouldā€™ve been innocuous but now with all of the nefarious people who get a kick out of watching innocent people getting the ban hammer thrown at them you really have to watch your six.

3 Likes

Yeah, the big issue with you already sanctioned and the other person is that they caught it right away and were proactive in handling it. I donā€™t know that itā€™ll help much with it already past the point of proactivity, but the information is there for those who can make use of it.

3 Likes

When you consider that a lot of these gold sellers (and boosters) insist on communication outside of the game - itā€™s becoming a convenient ā€˜excuseā€™ to use that in-game mail was received from a ā€˜strangerā€™.

4 Likes

My current appeal (See below) is more about not needing to buy illegal gold, if it falls through then Iā€™ll add in the information about malicious mail.

"Iā€™m guilty, gold was bought and sent to my account. I didnā€™t buy the gold but my account was banned because of the bought gold.

Itā€™s tough to prove but please escalate this ticket and look through my transaction history. I have no reason to buy gold.

Since 2018 Iā€™ve bought 341 WoW tokens with in game Gold currency.

Of those 341 tokens, 23 WoW tokens were exchanged for in game time.

The remaining 318 WoW tokens were exchanged for Blizzard Balance

Since 2019 Iā€™ve spent $6332.15 on Blizzard Products and Services. All from my Blizzard Balance.

Since 2018 I estimate Iā€™ve earned 30-40 million Gold on my accounts. I enjoy playing WoW and making in game Gold. I havenā€™t spent any real money on Blizzard products since 2019 and have no reason to buy illegal Gold. "

That is something they will not do.

An appeal is not to plead your case itā€™s merely to ask for another pair of eye to review the case to see if a mistake was made.

6 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter what you ā€œadd inā€, it will not be taken into account. They look to see if a violation occurred, if so they apply the punishment. Nothing you say, or add, or claim matters, at all.
Edit to add that posting here does Nothing as well, the Blues have no say and will not forward anything to the dept. that handles appeals.

6 Likes

This means nothing, they do not look at that. They look at that you received something with stolen gold in it and you did not report that. So all of that does not matter to them, What matters is the logs show.

Heck I had a guild member once tell me that gold was cheaper then the token. But I would never do that. Would only buy tokens to get gold, Gold is not worth loosing ones account over.

2 Likes

I spent several thousand hours playing WoW. I can spend several hours appealing a ban from opening all my mail without checking for random gold sent to me.

Incorrect.

Iā€™m going to backpedal to this comment but youā€™re on ā€œappeal 6ā€ so if theyā€™ve been all answered and investigated by GMā€™s theyā€™re quite sure youā€™ve received and used this illegal gold somehow.

Generally Iā€™m also sure they will tell you no more requests are honored after appeal 3 or 4 and start auto cancelling all related tickets. If you continue to do this, they may remove your ability to make tickets at all for an extended time.

5 Likes

They only give you a few appeals, sooner then later they will tell you it is final and no further appeals will be heard.

3 Likes

Going to agree, I highly doubt they would do more then 3 or 4 appeals

2 Likes

I had to recount, 6 appeals (5 upheld and 1 final decision) so Iā€™m on a 7th appeal. Fingers crossed.

I think its time to close this thread were not getting anywhere.

6 Likes

Final decision means you do not get a 7th appeal! If you keep trying to you will get account action for gm harassment.

Think it is time to close this thread.

Again once you get a final your done! No more appeals!

4 Likes

I am aware the appeal process has a slim chance of success and my account is likely banned permanently.

I appreciate the community members who helped me figure out likely why I was banned. It does bring closure, Thank you.

The plot thickens, I opened a support ticket and asked to remove gold inadvertently mailed to me in March to two of my AH characters. No gold was found to be sent in March to either character (I was banned on March 21st). Iā€™ve requested the GM to look back to Jan/Feb but it sounds like the data maybe purged already.

If no gold was sent, then I was banned for in game activities. Iā€™d either farm or buy materials off the AH (Tailoring/LW/Enchanting) then craft items to disenchant (then sell on AH) or vendor.

I never bought materials through a trade window, only through the AH.

Iā€™ve been doing the same activities for 5 years and used the gold to buy the 341 WoW tokens.

Please delete this thread
Nothing else to be said

WoW support has failed
My account is still jailed

Iā€™ll appeal till the 2044 eclipse
So far Iā€™ll Iā€™ve heard is crickets

1 Like