Wow account banned permanently - edit - account unbanned after multiple appeals

If you really didn’t do anything wrong I’d just keep submitting tickets or try to find a number to call, I remember at one point you could give your number, and they would get back to you on their time (sometimes hours later if not days later) If you did do something, and you are posting in bad faith then idk shame on you or something. 341 tokens is just crazy to me, but hey everyone’s different.

Glad I could be of service :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could have had yourself a new gaming pc or half of a gaming pc beast xD

I’ve never seen a RMT ban because of tokens. Tokens aren’t against the rules. That’s not why his account was banned.

4 Likes

He used gold, I’m pretty sure.

Guys.

1 Like

Surely a GM has given you a more detailed explanation, right?

I requested my privacy data from blizzard which is where I got the transaction data from. They keep a lot of data and my request was processed within 24 hours.

1 Like

If you buy gold under market value to flip, or sell gold then you could be hit for it.

They don’t give details on cheating, botting or RMT tactics. People then use that information to get around it and find a new way to do it.

OP needs to keep appealing.

4 Likes

Yes… why do people post support issues here all the time? :face_with_monocle:

OP: Click Edit then from the top left of the screen, change the forum from General Discussion to Customer Support if you want any chance of actually being helped.

6 Likes

They generally avoid specifics so as to avoid letting people know what tipped them off.

3 Likes

Gold from 3 party websites are much cheaper, using that to buy tokens in game. It was pretty rampant on the classic side of WoW for a while.

That’s not a token. That’s buying gold.

See above.

I buy tokens quite a bit but I have nowhere near 300 lol

Brother you buy the gold under market value, then turn it into tokens for profit.

Probably still is. :dracthyr_crylaugh: Heavens knows most people aren’t actually earning it.

1 Like

I had my account perma banned back in 2022 a week before DF launched.
I got banned for foul language and suicidal tendencies.

Thus, people would be sanctioned for buying gold. Not tokens after the fact.

They track where the gold came from. Not the token purchase afterwards.

To be fair, I do. I should probably accept that I’m the whale Blizz is looking for :eyes:

Although, I also use the WoW token to pay the sub when it’s undervalued. I only buy it when it seems valuable, so maybe the net isn’t as bad.

Update: Going back 10 years of playing, that’s $1558.80 for me but I only spent $818.37 so I guess I did more WoW token flipping than I expected. They still made a lot of money off me so I guess they don’t mind that. Net payment excluding expansions and other stuff $2221.07 or $185.09 per year.

Also, if his WoW account is perna banned, how is he posting? You can get a forum vacation by getting a bit too spicy, but someone with a permaban can post?