WOW 2 point Oh

if this is like in the same difficulty as doing a head transplant on a human…i think we should try!!!

Because it’s not the same engine. Did you not pay attention to the whiole Warband thing?

4 Likes

obviously not, and I’d be surprised if OP’s even written a hello world program in scratch.

1 Like

I believe that the strategy the OP suggested is remaking the engine and only vanilla WoW. So, equally going to kill the game, just in a different flavor.

1 Like

That’s still a multi-year job, especially if OP wants there to also be graphical fidelity upgrades.

1 Like

Oh, for sure.

1 Like

not even a little!! LEEROY

And, as we learned with 3.3 and 5.4, 1 year of a patch is a very long time.

2 Likes

…So you just want a new graphics update?

Let me guess, you saw one of those Unreal Engine “”“remake”“” trailers that just dumps a load of assets for “So realaistic 32k graphics epic whoa” graphics that lack substance and soul, to fool people into giving clicks, have you?

:roll_eyes:

Really? You don’t even want an original game, just yet another vanilla push with prettier graphics. Maybe spend some time working on getting an imagination instead stuffing your face with 'member berries.

I know a lot of those projects are probably people just wanting to build a demo showcasing that they know UE5 but damn if they aren’t always the most generic looking fantasy visuals.

2 Likes

Ikr.

I saw one of Stormwind, and… it just looks like it came straight outta Assassin’s Creed. I love them both, but Warcraft has an iconic cartoony artstyle, while AC has a more realistic looking art style.

WoW 2.0 was TBC.

1 Like

You’re a PvP paul.

Honestly, these are almost always your two options.

In either case, GD is incredibly sad. Moderation is failing

It’s probably not the engine, it’s been updated and can handle quite a bit.

It’s the actual content. A model made in the early 2000’s isn’t going to grow more poly’s to add detail. Texture maps made for the video cards at the time aren’t going to scale up without losing quality.

To meet modern norms of detail they would need to remake it all. And that’s the expensive part. Expansions have 5-6 zones. They would probably need to rebuild over 50 zones. At least 10 expansions worth of work. And for what?

LOL what?

Why would I waste my money? :rofl:

Oh, no wonder you get toxic so easily for no reason.

No reason to moderate lack of knowledge and logic. Only need to moderate when they get mad that we gave them knowledge and logic. :wink:

1 Like

Also, OP needs to remember that wow needs to run on low spec computers (back to the GTX 900 series from 2014).

UE5 would raise that requirement to probably something like a 2070/3060, which would not be good for the playerbase.

3 Likes

Graphics are for Michael Bay fans. No thanks.

I have a GTX 1660 that runs Palia on the Unreal engine. It doesn’t have the spell effects or quite as much transmog, etc. as WoW, but it does layer housing plots one on top the other. The fans run hot when I’m in my housing plot at times and I’m on ultra settings.

Which means if you put WoW on Unreal with all of those spell effects, view distance, etc… yep. I’d be out of luck. lol

1 Like