WOW 2 point Oh

IIRC Unreal 5 also has higher requirements than Unreal 4 (which Palia uses).

Oh… I didn’t realize it was UE4. Then I’d be super screwed if WoW went to UE5. LOL

Also: I really really really hate the Unreal game crashing errors I get every once in a while in all of the games I’ve played that use the Unreal engine.

1 Like

I just upgraded not long ago from a GTX 1660 Super to an RTX 3060.

Imagine you have a cow that poops out 30 million dollars a month. Someone comes up and says “hey, i think if you killed this ugly old cow that poops out 30 million dollars a month and breed a new cow, it could maybe make 45 million dollars a month”. Would you do it? That’s essentially what you’re asking Blizzard to do.

I think there are some memory management issues (both system ram and vram) with UE4. My system is running out of memory (32 GB installed) with both chrome and a UE4 game open

1 Like

If I ever upgrade, I need a new mobo, because I didn’t pay attention to that when I bought this comp and bottlenecked my CPU. >.<

1 Like

x3d is where it’s at for WoW.

Browsing the forums, I have now seen you post this same sentence at least three times in two separate threads.

Have you tried, other games?

Stop saying fetch, it’s never going to happen.

They already did that 18 years ago.

Engine aside, they butcher the game as it is…its a fools bet to think theyd do ANY better just because of a new engine.

To be more accurate I think the new cow would probably cost around a billion and may or may not make 30 million a month 5 to 6 years from now when it’s born.

Blizzard will not make a WoW 2 the higher up don’t want it and they would need to hire some new devs and they really don’t want that but don’t worry WoW 2 is being made in some dudes basement and lack of leadership ect.

So almost nothing changed but they just got a bit lazier ect due to lack of leadership and higherups only wanting devs to make mounts for the in game store.

There’s barely any store mounts.

It sounds like you want to play a different game. So just play a different game.

Why does the engine need to be changed at all?

The game looks great, they keep adding more to it all the time so the look of the game always feels fresh. What you’re asking for is decades of work rebuilding the game for no gain other than ‘extra flashy’.

If there is ever going to be a ‘WoW 2’ it needs to be a completely different game in the same way that Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 are completely different games. Set in the same universe but hundreds, potentially thousands of years apart.

I support WoW 2 in the sense that its a reboot of the entire franchise, taking us back to the events of WC1.

Re-iterate over the timeline in Warcraft so that the story makes sense and isn’t a dumpster fire.

A lot of that is just hating how much they wasted certain characters like Kael’thas, Ner’zhul, the Abbendis family, Archbishop Benedictus, Carine, Vol’jin, etc.

i am happy with what we have

the reason they don’t need to is because this game performs well still on older pcs without having spend 100s of dollars upgrading parts.

oh and the engine works perfectly fine and has for 20 years…

I can. Which is kind of why I’d never buy it.