Would you quit?

Can’t they believe both are true?

The social experience thing was always a crock though, mega servers ruin the social experience far more than RDF would have.

And the key words are “if we would have put it in at launch”, makes me think there is plans to put it in later, which it should be, it was part of wrath. I never thought it would be in at launch.

So RDF didnt really impact you at all. You were in ICC, presumably in a guild? and downed the end content. Ruby Sanctum was just a filler raid for cata.

Being in a guild you can avoid RDF at every turn. You have a whole group of people that you can pick from. RDF and LFG only really impact pugs.

So what is the issue with RDF actually? Most of the people dont have any reasonable reason to not want it.

1 Like

lol…well i have no problem with gdkp even if it promote buying gold, and i also don’t care about RDF but i hate the lie about RDF is damaging social experience when classic is all about boosts at every direction, even blizzard are selling leveling boost ROFL while the best social experience for any new player is during the leveling.

1 Like

Neither is true. People ran their world tours for a few days and got all they needed from heroics. The social interactions consisted of “Next dungeon is such and such.”

Blizzard has proven time and time again they don’t know their own game or their own player base.

1 Like

99.9% are simply posturing so they can look “cool” to their fellow trolls. It’s an absolute joke.

1 Like

Anti RDF people like you are the same type of people who sit in discords signing up for GDKPs on all your alts all week long. Spamming for more people to buy gear from you and your boys in GDKPs. Yet continue to peddle some sort of “we want to keep it how it was”

The game is the same, The player base has adapted to the game and changed how they play.

You will NEVER get the same feeling you did in 2009, because there is too much KNOWN about content now.

Adding RDF Changes NOTHING about how the game works/plays or how people interact. Most of you interact with people via discord anyway, not in game.

5 Likes

If it’s not cross realm it doesn’t help lower pop servers or lower faction players even in big servers. All keeping it out does is waste players time, and insure tanks/ healers and GDKPs make gold.

No one has to use it if they don’t like it. Still plenty of players like guild groups and building groups to make sure they have less loot competition.

Literally ruined the game for me. Was a mainline PvPer from before the gates of AQ opening to around halfway through ICC patch. World became dead. Stone PvP disappeared. The big battles that would happen all the time in Hillsbrad; Hellfire, and Grizzly Hills slowly disappeared. The game became a wasteland with everybody playing it like a CoD lobby game just pressing a button and waiting for content to happen. I prefer RDFless open world MMORPG from early WoW and the games before it. I don’t find the ESO/FFXIV/Retail gameplay loop fun. I prefer actually traveling a sprawling open world.

Cata complete killed any reason for me to keep playing cus all the bad things from RDF got double downed with flying in Azeroth making PvP even more non existent. At that point the game become a theme content rollercoaster and the living breathing word of Warcraft I loved for 5 years was gone. Than one day; Classic was announced and I knew the game I loved was coming back.

Now just like the original people are crying for QoL of life features most don’t want (just like they did in WOTLK retail) and we just have to rely on Brian and team to do the right thing and ensure people like me who only want to play the classic style experience remain to have a home as the WOTLK tourists try to ruin it.

2 Likes

yea using the tool for lower level dungeons is pretty impossibly already, even like normal wotlk dungeons

1 Like

Zero integrity is not using a legitimate wrath feature in wrath classic and instead shoving in bad implementations of retail features.

1 Like

Agreed. The answer to that is with blizzard enacting faction/server balance rules or procedures. RDF was the original bandaid for these server issues , and while it stems the flow of bleeding it doesn’t fix the issue, and it exacerbates the loss of world immersion.

Bold claims. I disagree with all of them.

You don’t actually think that’s a logical argument, do you? Am I going to have to whip out another analogy?

This community went from crying about queues to not being able to “Play with MUH FrIenDz” in the blink of an eye. Nothing they can do about faction balance, that ship sailed 10+ years ago.

Disagree all you like, it’s already happening…not to me anymore bc I canceled both my subs over no RDF. I’ll keep an eye out for its return, or my time in WoW is over.

Retail is complete trash, and I was never going past Wrath.

Well apparently you didn’t quit either.

Yeah right.

I mean I did, like 20 minutes ago, believe what u want though, sweetie.

Oh ffs :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Nope.
I think you misunderstand a lot of the people who are “Anti-RDF”
A lot of Anti-RDF people are as you said, strongly against it, but there are also a lot of them that just dont care and their stance is, we dont need RDF. If it was added ok what ever, but we dont NEED to have it, the game works fine without it.

Yep. Unfortunately the only way to reduce the amount of complaints on the forum is…close the forum. Generally speaking, people are more incentivized to post when they’re unhappy than when they are happy; it’s human nature.

Interestingly, the ‘can’t play with my friends’ also led to features that in my opinion were negative to world immersion, Re: cross server phased groups, mobs level dynamically scaling to each party members individual levels, PvP gear normalization, RAF with its ungodly 300% xp boost… and so on.

Retail has had some good ideas—the only issue is that they’re outshone by the mobile game paradigm that permeates its design. Too many hamster wheels, attempts at forcing habitual play, loot box RNG mechanics, and the list goes on.

For example — I loved the MOP philosophy of ‘here’s a passive talent option that’s 80% effective, here’s a utility talent that’s in between, and here’s an active talent you can min max to your hearts content’.

No ones quitting over rdf, removed or put in.