Would you pay to be able to "Change Classes"

I do not pay for things, I will probably stay hunter if it costs money. If it was free, I would change to gnome druid :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t. Character race and class was the first and most important “Meaningful Choice” this game had. My characters have been places and done things, and while I sometimes change them around, the class is the thread that binds their journey from point a to b.

I have always kind of hated games that let you change classes on a whim. It always felt like removing a part of the characters identity.

I might have considered it when surv went melee.

Would become even more of a lobby/OW game.

Except some people like to change identity depending on their mood.

It in no way affects you. You are free to not use the changing service.

Yay, with a 1 year CD.

Except that it does. It changes the perception people have of you and your character. That is a very basic RPG choice and one of the few that remain.

Not like it takes any sort of time to roll up an alt these days.

I sure would! However, I’d rather have some kind of content, where I have to go to a class hall and learn the new skills.

Even if it required a WoW Token.

1 Like

This sounds like too much work.

Because it is an MMO. If we could change class, it wouldn’t be an MMO.

That’s exactly why people want to change race/class. They wish to alter the way people perceive them.

But it doesn’t affect you if other people can change race/class. It’s really no different from rerolling except far less painful - and you don’t have to regrind your rep and professions.

What? Says who? It’s like saying it wouldn’t be an MMO if you can have an alt of a different class/race which you play from time to time instead of your main because the mood strikes you.

Except it very much does affect me, and everyone else. Perhaps it will be thrown off for “Only sweaty players will do it”, but what happens when you are playing a spec that isn’t “In Season”? No one cares that it’s your one character with the most time invested in it. The idea of being able to swap will be cheaper then than it is now.

Why would people bother with you when you can just swap your class to what people want? The “pain” of rerolling is what keeps people from being tossed out wholesale sometimes. Sure, they could take you, the hunter who loves hunter even though it’s not hot right now, but Michael Hunter just swapped to mage which is doing amazing right now!

Sure, you’re a great hunter player, but wouldn’t you be an even better mage? Why are you being so selfish and not swapping classes? It’s something that comes up in all games that let you easily slide between roles and classes at a certain point.

Look at people who buy faction swaps to “be competitive”. Even when they themselves aren’t pushing anything near World First, the carrot of being just that much closer to meta is enough. It’s a domino effect.

“No one” cares now. Hardcore raiders that only care about parses will bench you if you aren’t providing the functionality they want. It’s either reroll or don’t play.

That’s clearly false though.

If you force someone to switch and they perform worse because they don’t know how to play that class or the playstyle doesn’t gel with them … what’s the worse that could happen? The “bring the class not the person” raid leader will bench them? They will already have been benched if they couldn’t switch anyway.

To be honest I’d prefer if they had gone FF14’s route and let everyone be every class and you can just switch. The ultimate ripcord, if you will. But they’ll never do it. Because they’ll have to actually balance things.

It’s not much different in 14. You still have to level the Job. The only thing, functionality-wise, it really saves you is a log out to “switch classes”. It nice you can keep your “character history” though.

Not sure what balance has to do with it however.

Well, there is definitely a portion of the player base who don’t actively invest in alts, right? Some people like to keep their achievements in one place, and it’s understandable. If it were easier to switch classes around then more people would flock to the obviously OP ones. Not say it’ll affect all players, but some it will.

Changing classes should not be a thing min World of Warcraft.

If its like $10 sure.
Not paying $25 to change a class…I’d just level up a new one first and delete the one I dont like

That’s Blizzard’s fault. There shouldn’t be OPed classes.

I also don’t see how locking players into an underpowered class is any better. At least if there is easy switch of classes, players can remedy the situation themselves if they want to at the cost of significant effort to learn a new class.

I agree.