Would you pay to be able to "Change Classes"

It should be about the same price as a boost. I really don’t understand the objections. You can still make alts if you want to, this just works for those who don’t want to raise alts.

1 Like

I definitely wouldn’t pay for that. But, I’m also an altaholic and genuinely enjoy the leveling experience, so that kind of feature would not be a good fit for me. In fact, I don’t even like to switch specs. I feel like all of my characters have an identity. For instance, this character is an Arcane mage and always will be an Arcane mage. If I want to play fire or frost, I do it with another character. Plus, if it’s a completely new class, I like learning as I level.

Not that I would care if anyone else wanted to do it, of course.

To be honest, in the past when i’ve bought expansions, I’ve struggled about using the free boost. I genuinely don’t like boosting classes that I don’t yet know how to play. So, I oftentimes end up boosting something I’m already familiar with but that I just happen to need on another faction or server for some reason.

1 Like

I would say no that I would not do it, and no to class changing even being
in the game. Only way I would even consider saying yes. Is if it had a one
year lock on it. Once you changed. That character could not change again
for a full year.

Yes I would. Should’ve been added to the game years ago.

Agreed! I want it!

Yes, yes, Ysera’s Gift is OP.

To this day, I haven’t been able to use any character boosts that came with expansions. Instead, they just sit unused on my character selection screen.

If I roll an entirely new character, I enjoy seeing that character level up and “grow” from the ground floor, learning new spells along the way and the like. But then I don’t care that much about the endgame treadmill and am in no hurry to get to it.

1 Like

I would say “yes” until Blizzard decides to make achievements truly account wide (no more of the “not completed by Y”). One of the main problems with switching mains for me is that the new character hasn’t done the things my main has.

Yay from me. I’m a one character type of person. I have alts cause there’s other classes I like to play, but I’d much rather just be able to switch classes on my main instead of having multiple characters.

1 Like

I mean if it was reasonably priced, sure…

But not for an arm and a leg. Especially for a game I pay monthly for already.

I really believe you should learn to play the class, not just try to switch to the flavor of the month class. Then feeling disappointed when you can’t get the most from the class because you didn’t experience it.

I already paid for the game and I pay the monthly subscription, I refuse to pay for anything else.

You can learn to play just about any class to a proficiency level required for causal content like dungeons and LFR in about a level and by reading the tooltips.

60 levels is overkill and, ironically enough, teach you nothing about how to use your class in hardcore raids.

I don’t want it added to game, but I’d be a liar if I said I wouldn’t use it. I’m sure a lot of people that say they wouldn’t would end up doing it.

So much easier to roll a new character to get the class I want.

leveling is so fast now.

Actually it is. You know how many people would keep swapping to FotM? It would be horrible for the game. Want a new class make an alt and boost.

I don’t know how FF handles the class swapping, I know that’s a feature for the FF MMO.

But personally my characters are the race/class they were meant to be. I have race changed before and ended up paying double when I race changed them back. Nope, never again!

How would that be game breaking? Just because they swap to a class doesn’t mean they know how to play it in a raid. Not to mention the competition for drops.

If its FoTM it doesn’t matter. That’s why its FoTM.