Would you pay to be able to "Change Classes"

Lest we forget sub rogue, Mr. Rogue Sir or Madam.

(PS: Pretty sure they’re aware rogue as a class need some love)

1 Like

Oh don’t worry. I am looking at FF. And ESO. I doubt such a service would cause as much issues as you think. PeopLe said the same for every store service that has ever been implemented. I still remember TB’s rants against the ghost horse that was first to be account wide. Ultimately it made little impact. I wonder how the level boosts where received?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not denying the potential implications. Especially in today’s meta bis, it’s icyveins or the highway mentality. But I just don’t see it impacting the game as much as you think it will.

But I look at it in a much healthier light. I wouldn’t class change because of fotm. If a group didn’t want my class beause of tuning numbers, I’d be thankful for being declined since the leader of such a group is clearly not the kind of player I like to associate with. So long as I actually enjoyed the class still, I wouldn’t care.

Ultimately the issue I have is much more fundemental. It has nothing to do with underperforming classes and has everything to do with how blizz has designed core modern encounter design and class talents and specs that are at massive objective disadvantages when compared to others. When my mage gets obliterated by 3 mobs in the maw yet my warr in dps spec can ezclap them at the same ilvl, I know there’s a fundemental design flaw in class design. Ever wonder why hunter is such a popular class? It’s because their pet basically solves all of this for them. This plus losing enjoyment of the way a class plays at basic level are legitimate reasons to bail on a class.

Of course, this would be completely ameliorated for me by account wide reps and achievement points…

And besides, your entire argument is actually rendered moot by the existence of level boosts. Since in reality they are exactly that. A class switch with an extra step. The only thing an actual class switch impacts is people like me who want to keep their achieves and reps going in the one toon.

Yeah but you need to recognize that the service you’re asking for is not like the others. It really isn’t. The closest service to what you’re asking for is the boost, but even if you boosted, you never got boosted to max level (until I believe the pre-patch for the next expansion) so you had to put in the work to level and gear the class that you boosted, and that combined with the cost ensured that service wasn’t abused.

What this service would essentially have to do in order to work, is swap over your class, gear, conduits, legendaries, the works. There’d be no real ‘work’ to be done compared to if you boosted a newly created class and that convenience would be abused, especially by high-end players.

The only way i would support class changes would be if it reset your character to level 1, you keep all of your reps and obviously all of the account wide stuff but you have to level again to learn to play the class.

On that subject though, i think it would be cool if that were an option in general, kinda like a prestige setup where you can make your character go back to level 1 if you want to, maybe even get a little silver dragon around your portrait lol

Actually I would be fine with this since I’m only interested in reps and achieves.

1 Like

No, I would not.

1 Like

Yes, it’s always nice to have options, especially if you only have 1 character.

1 Like

I would.

/10

Yes

Perhaps instead of a class change, an option to transfer your reputation gains to another character would be enough, or make all reps account wide.

Yeah sounds like a good idea. It would work well alongside them allowing us to buy gear, achievements, reputation and everything else.

Absolutely i would pay. I’m really a druid trapped in a mage body.

Op,why would i want to change classes when I can make one we do have 50 choices per account.

Delete this thread

Don’t give Blizzard anymore trash ideas

1 Like

I’d quit the game and /spit on everyone who bought it until my sub ran out.

I want to be able to change class (and race) but I don’t want to pay though. :grimacing:

OP already explained, she/he wants all the achievements on one character. I can think of other reasons like not having to regrind reputation and getting to keep your professions and all the recipes.

I would be happy if we have a unlimited Character limit from 50 to like atleast 100 to 200. That would be nice.

Yeah,that is a problem if want to change class without regrinding rep. I dk most of the achievements are transfer to alts unless they are class based then they wouldn’t even show up.

I would not pay for a class change because I now run a slew of alts (or “co-mains”) so as to avoid that problem. (Some of my early expansion reps and achievements are on my old main, but that’s just the way it goes.)

It’s very likely that such a feature would be abused to death by competitive players who constantly wanted to have the FOTM class without having to invest any time and effort into alts.