Would you ever date someone you met from WoW?

I met my first GF through WoW when i first started. We played together from mid/late vanilla. We pretty much fell in love without even meeting each other. Decided to meet up, on the train i went for 6 hours every few weeks to see her. Eventually moved in with each other. Relationship fell apart during cata.
Miss her terribly. Was amazing while it lasted…not a bad run for both of our first relationship

1 Like

But the topic is about love>couple. Romance. Not genetic love/family, like you tried to twist it into, just to have a reason to be offended. Hence why I said

Well, you could say that but the reason I brought that up was to mean that I don’t see gender. Because me being with someone isn’t physical. Hence it would HAVE to be purely emotional anyway.

Wtf does this even mean? You made the personal choice to get offended over something that literally is not there. And then you went out of your way to claim I was incapable of “feeling love” myself. Being incapable of love and unable to take that step due to emotional/psychological reasons, are two different things.

Well, that just confirms the above. Find someone else to be triggered over. I don’t care about your feelings, let alone your opinions.

PS: I apologize to the topic. Pay no attention to the toxic poster and go about your discussion :slight_smile:

Right so what does that have to do with you being asexual? Since you are asexual, you should have no input on this topic so why did you post? To get attention?

You said:

You’re the one that didn’t specify. But, even if you did, your reply is still wrong. Like I pointed out, my husband and I have been in love for 16+ years. I love him just as much now as I did then.

You’re just bitter because the girl or guy in the desk next to you didn’t check “yes” on your letter.

I’m not offended, just tired of people like you that think all love is bad because you got burned. It’s annoying.

Which has nothing to do with the OP.

Exactly what I said.

Again, I’m not offended.

No I didn’t.

That’s nice. I don’t care.

Nah you’re fun.

Your rant says otherwise. If anything, you’re the one offended.

2 Likes

Ummm. It’s almost like your saying that people who are Asexual can’t be in a relationship or love anyone. Huh.

Close. That person has been a Narc abuser for almost 10 years. PTSD isn’t something I would wish on anyone.

I don’t care. Seriously, I don’t.

Well, you find me a way to escape my current prison and I might change my mind. Not until then.

I’m confused on what your issue is. Is it because intercourse isn’t involved and thus, to you it isn’t love or that love without intercourse is actually a thing?

You didn’t? I’m pretty sure that’s what this says-

K. Glad we have that established. :wave:

Like you said:

But, I don’t expect you to care and that wasn’t the point I was making. You keep dodging and avoiding your original statement which was love was the ultimate illusion. You’re wrong and you’re just ultimately bitter.

My “issue” is another point you keep dodging: what does your asexual status have anything to do with her question? Also, she even stated sex wasn’t off the table so you REALLY have no horse in this race.

Never said that.

Yeah the rest of us is not living in an illusion. That has nothing to do with you or your choices.

1 Like

I have every right to say it, believe it and know it. I don’t care what you think or believe. That is for you to decide. I am not any more wrong than you are. Get off your high horse.

Love is fake. It is a means to emotional manipulation. That’s all it is and that’s all it will ever be. That is my experience and that will always remain a fact. But you don’t see me acting like you and bullying someone for believing something that is not and has never been, apart of their own life. What is fact for one, may not be for another. I have nothing left to say to you.

And I have every right to point out that you’re demanding attention by announcing in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Then why do you keep replying? I’m doing it because I love a good argument but this really isn’t that good. My trolly senses are starting to tingle because nobody can genuinely be this obtuse.

Yes you are. You started this derailment.

Nah I like it up here. It seems to make you so mad!

No it’s not.

Do you tell your family this when they say “I love you?”

Right I already said you were bitter.

I know it’s hard for professional victims to realize this but arguing =/= bullying.

We’ll see.

1 Like

An asexual can not comment in a topic about relationships. So you did exactly what I said you did. You made the personal choice to get offended for no reason at all.

Well, the good thing is that the topic can clearly see my original post and how this all started. Because of you. So, whatever.

I don’t have a family. They threw me away for being LGBTQ. Happy?

K

Riiiiight. :roll_eyes:

There you are! I knew you would be back but unfortunately for you I’m now bored with this conversation. The whole “I’m not talking to you anymore” then immediately talking to me again is giving you away.

1 Like

All I will say.

On the internet expression of words is difficult to understand

There’s a difference in “Love IS and illusion” which is what you posted. This implies all love in all shapes and sizes.
and “In my experince…” or “I think that…” etc etc. make it obvious that its what you believe and what you think.
Saying something isn’t when it is feels like you’re telling everyone who doesn’t believe you is wrong.

I will say just because you got burnt on something doesn’t make the concept wrong. Its just something you choose not to experience again and I would say to learn the difference.

I’ve been burned by getting close to people and finding out they aren’t the best kind of people and losing friends over it. For about 3-4 years after leaving school I didn’t want to make friends as most of the friends I had in school ended up being massive pricks once we left. So I didn’t want any, didn’t see the point.

BUT that doesn’t mean other people also have to follow.

So I can somewhat understand your position I truly do. But don’t make blanket statements around something you experienced and make it clear that your opinion only referes to yourself. I feel like this whole arguement wouldn’t of happened if you had just started with “I think that…” “I feel that…” “In my experience…” etc

4 Likes

Only if they have a recognized ID that they are a very hot female who i know don’t actually play wow :rofl:

Okay so from re-reading how the whole thing started. It originated from this

“As a saying goes: “Love- The ultimate illusion”.”

Personally, I just glazed over it though I can understand where someone might of felt like you were trying to say that people shouldn’t love each other.
Just changing it to :

“I personally follow a saying, “Love- The ultimate illusion””

Then it can’t be interpreted that you’re trying to say that everyone’s is an illusion.

If you still get pestered cause of it then ignore em :man_shrugging:

Thats good to hear! Wish i found this topic earlier so i could share my own story as words of encouragement lol. I met my gf in WoW only recently. We’ve known eachother for almost a year, and after sharing numbers and fb profiles, we grew an interest in eachother, and started a relationship in october. I saved up money and went to visit her for a whole week in december and had the greatest time of our lives, it was pretty amazing.

3 Likes

G.I.R.L=Goblin in real life. :grin:

In all seriousness though, I am super happy it worked out nicely for you. Glad you got to have a great time on Valentines day. Most of us don’t have dates for Valentines so there may even be some a bit envious here.

2 Likes

You both spent an awful lot of time loudly not caring at each other.

Just sayin’.

Well, you took my quote out of context. I was saying I didn’t care about the fact he was unable to love or something like that.

1 Like

The saying comes from a video game called Final Fantasy X-2. The person who made the quote, had went through a lot of traumatic things. He had a prosthetic leg and walked with a caine. And lost his left arm.
Though he only stated the last part, in reply to someone else saying Love.

No one had to lecture him about what he said, because it was obvious as to why he felt that way. If anyone (one person) felt that way about my comment, then I can say with all honesty- that the issue isn’t what I said.

Love is real or it isn’t. If you believe that someone else’s opinion threatens that, you have bigger issues than how someone “worded” their comment.

Tell me about it :roll_eyes:

Glad you’re date went well. Hopefully there are more to come.
My fiance and I both play wow. We didn’t meet on wow but we play together sometimes. Wedding in on 28 February.

3 Likes

Whoa. Where did this massive argument come from?

1 Like