Would you ever date someone you met from WoW?

Well I’ve been through so many hard knocks that my prejudice is at all-time high these days, so I say things in my guild chat that I wouldn’t dream of saying in real life, that kind of thing. Funnily enough a lot of my guildies think much of what I’m saying is true.

The past few days I’ve already blasted people from lower socio-economic areas, half the star signs in the zodiac, so I doubt this is the sort of energy that will attract a potential match.

2 Likes

Sounds like, based on the latest update, that you two are doing well. I know I met my wife playing SWTOR so it can work out.

I just call that venting lol I blast lower socio-economic areas all the time, it sorta comes with my job lol

Your reply is awesome!

It’s mainly because you know I can understand people being poor, but the bad attitudes, the rudeness, thank God I finally escaped from that, that’s the problem, this sounds mean but the majority of people i dated in my life came from such areas so its good to finally be away from all that in a more upper middle class area.

Makes it a little harder to find the right match, as people are more reserved, but at least they aren’t rude to you in public if they don’t know you (except during Christmas time).

Hard thing about dating is that I am not very intuitive, I can’t tell who is complete garbage and who might be worth the time/effort a lot of the time. But if you don’t smoke, don’t do drugs, and not a total alcoholic that gets marks in my book.

2 Likes

nevermind im now more in Dalaran because of that legion grind

I don’t know where the best place is to get dating advice im unsure whether I should talk to a mgtow boy or the pope, I think Garrosh would be a better marriage counselor tbh

1 Like

WOULD YOU EVER DATE SOMEONE YOU MET FROM WOW?
My dating skills aren’t what they use to be but I’d say you look to be about 75-80yrs old.
Kind of tough to tell with blood elves, their skin is very resilient.

1 Like

Fofunna what is your job exactly lol? Government department? I’m curious

Hey, Undead Deathknight here looking for dark rangers that match that description! :wink: Haha, you are TOO funny man!

people get married every day not knowing what to look for

age means nothing

the human condition is a wonderful thing

2 Likes

Precisely this. I know people who are in their 60s and have only been in one relationship their entire life due to a marriage(which to be honest sounds kinda sad). I personally think it is a good idea to meet a lot of people and explore before setting down. My case is that I just haven’t done dating through online avenues in the past.

1 Like

Well I am in my mid-30s, and I got no idea what to look for in terms of a relationship.

I haven’t really had time to think about it, in the past, relationships tended to just happen, and I find that if I put down a list of criteria of what I want/don’t want, people get pretty offended.

I suppose I will put it like this, it would take a very special single parent to peek my interest in anything more than a FWB, I know that sounds a bit mean, but my experience of going down that road is that it’s fun for a while, but it quickly turns negative.

In terms of philosophy/spiritual/political beliefs, I would want someone that’s aware of what’s going on in the world around them, but not to the extent that they put themselves too fanatically in either camp of a political issue, like it seems to be either full on MGTOW boys or full on feminists these days, there’s no balance left.

The demographic of people seem to be either full on anarchists that want nothing more to smoke and drink all day, probably hoon through red lights, probably do drugs too, or on the other extreme where they are so full on religion, so brainwashed to behave, that they get holier-than-thou and all sanctamonious if you dare question anything. Now to me, that’s called a brainwashing cult.

As far as wow is concerned, if I meet someone that’s balanced, that’s not too full on political but tries to see each issue on its own merit, and weigh up the procs and cons of each (i.e. someone capable of critical thinking) that would be good. I suppose that’s it, need someone that’s going to help you think, and see things critically, someone grounded but not overly emotionally attached to things…

Hmm…I think I might update my social online profiles…

4 Likes

im kinda curious were your from

Who me? I’m from Australia, miles away, that said as flights between countries become cheaper, I don’t know. That said, given how divided America is politically at the moment, I don’t know if I would even feel safe going, its either full on white redneck supremacy or full on college campus safe-space style nonsense which is too far in the opposite political direction.

Maybe after Trump presidency things will become a bit more balanced, I don’t know. Not that I personally have an issue with conservative politics or Trump supporters, though I do think for better or worse, the Presidency has inflamed tensions and caused chaos, but this is more on the people than the President himself imo.

1 Like

ITs not as bad as TV and stuff makes it sound tbh sure there are places like California that I wouldnt be caught dead in but up here in Michigan things are kinda OK if you dont mind driving on roads the look like the surface of the moon.

Yeah I’ve heard some interesting things about California, that it’s been a bit of a social experiment in the United States hasn’t it.

Truthfully, the people I seem to get on okay with from the USA are either from places like Texas, Nebraska, or North Carolina, which to the best of my knowledge are pretty conservative states.

Not all of it is political, I have heard that there are issues there with erosion and so on.

What on earth happened to that state anyway?

1 Like

It actually was divided about the same under Obama as it is under Trump honestly. Just a lot of conservatives literally just dealt with the loss and carried on life as normal hoping to change it next election vs making a big deal out of it

1 Like

i dont know what happened tbh my dad refers to CA as the land of fruits and nuts. That always makes me lol when he says that. I think part of the problem is there is alot of money there. Rich people have strange ways of thinking some times. I know alot of people that are just waiting for the big one to hit and break that state off of the US and make it slide into the ocean.

Ive always wanted to go to Australia and go exploring. I love to scuba dive and snorkel and ya have great places to do that there. Not so keen on the idea of how many animals that want to kill you there are but meh I guess thats what a big stick is for.

First of all congratulations.

Second on the topic of thread… no I would not.

I like to meet ppl in IRL before anything else but also I am married but if I was single it would be a no.

If something happened to my wife, would I date again someone I met playing WoW or some other MMO? Yeah probably. They would have to be closer to my age though.