Would you ever date someone you met from WoW?

I can tell you right now, I am more terrified of bogans in low-socio economic areas than crocs and spiders. I rarely come into conflict with animals here, but the only animals I have had near misses with are magpies and a stingray.

Ohio. Perhaps not as interesting as a place like Texas or New York.

I did in fact date some one I met on WoW. It was long distance, and I got her to come visit me twiceā€¦ Then she cheated on meā€¦

NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN.

2 Likes

When looking for a potential life partner, I donā€™t care if you play on wow, what I look for is the following thingsā€¦

1-Are you full on Trump supporter, or are you so left-wing that I canā€™t even talk to you without you getting offended/triggered at literally everything I say? I regret to say, that I would choose the former over the latter these days even if thatā€™s not the way I traditionally aligned politically.

2-Are you from a lower-socio economic suburb? This is hard to say, but to me, bad attitudes tend to spread like a disease in these areas, I know this because Iā€™ve looked at online profiles and people from those areas are ten times more likely to be on drugs, smoke all day, and generally unpleasant to be around. Iā€™m not saying everyone is like that, or being a smoker makes you a bad person, but when smokes/alcohol/drugs, the bogan attitude, the whole worksā€¦yeah I just canā€™t deal.

That said, I know people bagging out California, but Iā€™m sure itā€™s like any place, there are the shady areas but also the nicer areas in the city.

3-Are you a single parent? Iā€™ve had bad experience with them in the past sorry, I try and judge each individual by their character and try to live by this but if a single parent got close to me again romantically I would be very reluctant to let them progress anywhere beyond the FWB zone, it would take someone very special to convince me that they arenā€™t just going to bring me more baggage, insecurity and drama. Some people think that I talk to think Iā€™m being too harsh that if a single parent gets close to me, I just need to be honest and tell them what happened and what went wrong in past relationships, but I donā€™t know.

There was a time when I was young when I couldnā€™t stand where prejudice comes from but its life experience that hardens peoples hearts I guess.

1 Like

Sure. My wife probably wouldnā€™t like it, though.

Being a Tauren, I donā€™t suppose the ā€œMā€ word is . . . ā€œMoo?ā€

I donā€™t see anything wrong here. I hope you find the one you are looking for Elae. This list isnā€™t impossible.

1 Like

I was a teenager when I started to play wow. When WOTLK came out i rolled a dk with the intent to learn to tank. I was asked to join this raid guild who needed a dk tank and was raiding the next night. I was a bit nervous but they said someone my age would be there. I got there and the other teen was a male and he played an undead warrior who made jokes about his arm falling off. I thought at first he was a jerk but then he did heroics with me to help with tanking. we did date but broke up right before college but never lost touch. then 3 years ago he helped me get out of a abusive relationship and one night i went to visit him and well weve been together ever since. We recently moved in together ^^ no regrets.

I am married to a person I met through WoW. We have a 5 yr old now.

Also I know this sounds bad, but I kinda got a few people in the FWB zone, even if what I want is a real relationship, sometimes FWB is just easier no drama no risk of breaking up as you were never officially together. The also cant take any of your stuff, or kick you to the curb either.

Even some of those people have hinted they want a relationship, but I donā€™t knowā€¦to me, a marriage is a risk to your independence and freedom, and Iā€™m not talking about FWB-style freedom, Iā€™m talking other stuff. Iā€™ve heard so many people married for 20 years then boom, they divorce and one person loses their kid, half their stuffā€¦

Donā€™t get me wrong if you happily married now good luck to you, but for me it just feels too risky these days. Does that sound bad? Am I too paranoid?

My mom only had one relationship and that was with my dad and they stayed together for over 50 years until he passed away. Even now she misses him. Sometimes you donā€™t need to go through many relationship when you find the right one.

1 Like

I fear that the culture has changed these days Casi, people donā€™t stay together for as long as they used to, and people lie through their teeth, some people tell you that they have found the person they want to spend the rest of their life with, are very consistent but then one day just toss you to the side like garbage,

Donā€™t get me wrong so long as Barbie is still dating Ken I have hope for the future, and at least in my country the radical left-wing people get rejected

It depends on you and the person. I met my boyfriend 10 years ago when we were playing SWG. We started as friends and then started dating. I can tell you this starting as friends is the best idea. My boyfriend is the sweetest man I have ever known. Is he perfect? No, but neither am I but we are perfect for each other.

That would be correct, but on county level. I grew up in a lower middle class area, which all my friends were kinda ghetto, but now that iā€™m older I canā€™t stomach the amount of trash I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Completely agree. With FWB, you can have fun when its desired and feel safe at the same time (for the most part). Marriage is kind of like the end-all, be-all and if it doesnā€™t work - lets say 20 years - down the road, you pretty much wasted all the time and energy and lost 1/4 of your life in the process.

1 Like

Iā€™m happy everything has worked out so well for you! To answer your question though even if I wasnā€™t married I probably would not date someone I met on WoW, back in WotLK two guildies I had been playing with since my Star Wars Galaxies days and considered close friends both quit WoW after online dating for years when it was revealed that the female of the two was actually a man who had been catfishing the other the entire time.

I did that bass ackwards. A romantic interest got me into playing WoW. Sheā€™s long gone but Iā€™m still here. At least if she ever logs on again she has her Zhevra mount.

1 - I hate Trump and everything he stands for. I also cant stand the far-left in terms of neo-political social stances.

2 - I live in a nice neighborhood because I wanted my kids to go to a good school district, which is currently 5th in state.

3 - I can understand where you are coming from because a lot of single parents do have a lot of extra baggage that comes with them. However; I am also kind of biased, in the fact that, I myself am a single parent, but this is due to growing apart from my ex and not from some life altering event that caused never-ending hate towards one another. We still get along to this day and I work so much, that it wasnā€™t fair to her to have to just do the mundane task of staying home and raising kids, while only seeing me I passingā€¦lol

Fofunna, to me the problem with attacking Trump, is that attacking him is attacking the people the voted for him, I might not agree on every single issue, I was actually fully brainwashed with Hillary right to the 11th hour when I felt that something wasnā€™t quite right about her, that Trump was the lesser of two evils.

Yeah, if you live in a nice neighborhood, bogan-free, thatā€™s a plus.

On the final point, I hope you donā€™t find it offensive bagging out single parents, its more that I am bias to my experience, that it just doesnā€™t work out a lot of the time, like if the environment isnā€™t quite right, or kids or friends of the family and whatnot donā€™t like you or have a problem, guaranteed, you will be the first person chucked out of the door.

I suppose to be fair though, things are different now, likeā€¦Iā€™ve got my own space and more independence than ever, so I donā€™t have to risk putting myself in a toxic position. But guaranteed if I ever move into a place with someone of the opposite sex again, I will expect to be on the lease and have a room and whatnot secured in the event of a breakup and whatnot, you know what I mean, you canā€™t give away your power like that to people in this day and age, most people canā€™t be trusted.

To be fair same thing happened to me with a person I dated recently, but they didnā€™t leave me complete high and dry they helped me get a stable place and broke up with me after they knew I was safe.

Look, to be fair, they havenā€™t done a lot of research on single dads and their situation, the main targets are the single moms that get frowned on a lot, Iā€™m the sort of person that used to be on the side of compassion, but after living the life of hard knocks, you start to realize that prejudiced attitudes on a large social scale donā€™t pop out of thin air, by the time you are in your mid 30s, the prejudice often becomes understandable.

Who knows the truth, the right-wingers can spout the statistics like crazy, but itā€™s best to judge on each individuals situation. Doesnā€™t help also that society doesnā€™t give you much incentive to get married.

1 Like