Would you ever date someone you met from WoW?

No don’t worry about that so called wall. You can still meet great people in your 40s up. Many guys I’ve met in their 40s look better than many guys in their 20s. Sure its true that there tend to be more flaws the older you get, but then can also be more advantages. Folks in their 40s for example typically have their life all worked out and a lot more stories to tell as well as long time talents they’ve developed which can add to their character.

1 Like

I’ve actually met my fiancee through WoW

2 Likes

getting up to speed with all that happened…grats OP, this is awesome and i’m happy for you, may your love stay true & strong :hearts:
i’m excited for my own adventure coming up…

i’m glad somebody brought me back to this thread, this story gave me the feels (and inspiration) dangit, i love yoooouuuuuu, tysm~

1 Like

I met my wife on pof which is a step above craigslist so I guess wow would be higher than that

I’m married and met my wife the more ‘traditional way’ but I don’t think there is a problem with meeting someone from WoW. As long as you hit it off. You at least know that there is one common interest. That is a good start…unless the other person is a Hordey…then you have problems.

1 Like

I’ve dated a couple of people I met on WoW. Both of them were good experiences, and I’d try again if the opportunity presented itself.

1 Like

BBS’s were a weird grandfather of Internet (or maybe an evil mutated twin, since Internet existed at the time, it just wasn’t for public use).

I ran a BBS on a Commodore 64 with 1764 Ram Expander and an ICT Data Chief 20 meg hard drive (MEG not GIG). I had online (ASCII) games, with Murder Motel being the most popular (CLUE in colorful text, figure out who the murderer is within 20 turns per 24 hour period).

I had to do the long distance calling you mention, because the guy who made the BBS software was based in Virginia, and to get updates to the software, modules for cool stuff, and more online game modules, I had to call his BBS in Virginia to download large files on a US Robotics 2400 baud modem. It made my monthly phone bill pretty expensive because I wasn’t going to break the law (at the time, there was an entire under culture of “phone criminals” who would PHREAK and make LD calls illegally).

There were a few locals who met on the BBS, but I’m not sure if any ended up marrying. Being the SYSOP of the BBS, I knew what some of these people were like and what they’d do, so it makes me shudder to think about anyone hooking up on my watch, hehe.

1 Like

Quite a few people in my guild have met and are either dating or married since it’s conception. Make an educated or best guess/decision.

Usually in Orgrimar

1 Like

Not gonna lie… poked my head in to check if you’re still here after your first date. :sweat_smile:

Seriously, though… glad you met someone great and are having fun together, both in game and out!

2 Likes

Thank you. I was actually kind of surprised to get asked out on here, but I am happy I did. All my relationships prior to this started through real life interactions, but I’ve heard many positive stories of people meeting through this game. That is why I wasn’t dismissive about it. And what better day to have a first date than Valentine’s day amirite?

2 Likes

Glad to hear the whole thing went well, OP! I’ve got a friend that ended up dating a guy she met in her raiding guild years ago, he ended up moving out to her state and she’s both living with him and engaged to him now. Things can definitely work out even if they start online!

2 Likes

Decided to edit my post as was a bit of a rant. The simple answer is yes, it depends on the person’s character

i will die alone and always been alone

Well I may suffer the same fate, but in all honesty, I’d much sooner be on my own than surrounded by bad/annoying people, and people that keep you around only to break your heart later finding yourself in a vulnerable position etc.

2 Likes

And on that note…Im sad.

Well the problem is, that the world is too politically divided right now, that when I look around to see what’s out there, I see people either fanatically left-wing or fanatically right-wing, or either fanatically religious or so anti-religion anti-government to the point where they are breaking every law under the sun, there doesn’t seem to be much balance anymore.

I need someone balanced, and centered. The problem is when I put out that I want someone that’s politically aware etc, its either full on Trump worship or someone that’s so radically left-wing it’s not funny.

That makes it hard to find an ideal match to be honest, as I’m left-leaning some areas, but right-leaning in others, I always try and be moderate and stick to the middle ground.

But what’s really frustrating also is that it’s not just politics, its every issue these days, I mean you are either pro-vaccine or anti-vax, have to be either full pro-open borders or a full on racist/white supremacist…how is one expected to find an ideal match in a world that’s so politically divided?

My heart is open, but the amount of division and people getting into fights over literally nothing in this world is shameful.

3 Likes

I dated, married, had 2 kids and eventually divorced (after 9 years) a girl I met while playing WoW. I hope it all works out for you in the end!

1 Like

Not to be nasty, but given the fact that wow is dying in terms of subscribers, this probably won’t be my main dating platform anymore like it was in the past, I mean let’s be honest the Golden Age of wow was Wrath so the years after that, wow was still a good place to look around, but these days there’s a lot less people playing leaving less dating material around.

See, not that it’s a bad thing, but the remaining people in wow are either veterans that were here since vanilla, and that’s great they still playing but for dating, not for me as they are so old now they probably met the dinosaurs, at the moment there’s a huge boom in my guild going on, but nearly everyone is saying that they are just coming back for Classic when that comes out in August.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Are you fully involved while gaming (ie rp) or are you your true self? I think its easier to be your true self while playing online because its a complete personality driven method of interaction with people. I feel that if someone can endure and enjoy your online personification, they can also carry that feeling into a face-to-face relationship. You are basically eliminating the physical attraction while gaming, which places the focus on the most important factor in a relationship, which is communication.

1 Like