Would you ever date someone you met from WoW?

This goes out to all the monk players out there, whenever you use fists of fury do you guys ever think that it’s a jojo reference?

Hmm, interesting question…

I am open to it, but in all honesty, wow is my personal space where I can be my eccentric crazy self, and I can just run my mouth a bit etc. It would be nice to have someone accept you completely for who you are, but at the same time, I think I would feel a bit vulnerable.

It also can be a bit of an issue when people can’t separate wow stuff from real life stuff. Like for me, what someone says to me on my btag is fine, but if something negative or bad from wow crosses over to a text message on my phone, that will be a bit annoying.

So I don’t know, I’m open to it, but would need someone mature enough to separate gaming stuff from personal real life stuff?

1 Like

I hear what you mean about finding people who can understand you but with enough time you’ll eventually find the right people.

congratz on the good date. Here’s hoping to many more!

2 Likes

of course i would, why wouldn’t i? because it’s a video game? i mean i met my current bf on beasts of bermuda and we’re doing fine. not to mention ive heard plenty of stories of married couples that met on WOW. as long as your a good person, and dont have some hidden layer of crazy then we’d have a shot. it really doesn’t matter how you meet someone, as long as your compatible. i feel as though it would be kind of naive to snub a possible love interest just because their doing exactly what you’re doing. and plus, if it worked out, you’d get to have someone that you could share a love of game with

4 Likes

Wow can be a great place to meet nice people so long as it is done properly. Ie not going to goldshire asking around randoms.

I wouldn’t now, because I’ve been married for almost 27 years. But my wife and I met on a BBS back in the early 90s.

For those going “???”, BBSs were services you dialed directly into with a modem, then you could chat, play ASCII games, post messages, etc. Because no one wanted to call long distance*, most of the users you encountered online were from your local area. So, we would regularly “meet” on the weekends to get pizza, shoot pool, whatever. Met her in person maybe a month after meeting her online, and that was that.

(*“Long Distance” is an ancient concept by which you had to pay by the minute based on the distance you were calling and the time of day. Modern peoples with nationwide coverage have no need for such… archaic… systems.)

2 Likes

I met my wife on Proudmoore and we’ve been happily married for 7 years.

1 Like

Where yah at?

Not sure if you already replied somewhere else - How are things going? Still dating?

Yes. I’ve been dating him all this time. We are very close now. No real bad signs so far either. So far it has seemed for the most part a very pleasant relationship.

4 Likes

Yay! That’s wonderful.

Best wishes on a happy future together!

3 Likes

No. I follow the wise words of Tucker(RvB) when it comes to the internet.

Wow has been so much more fun and enjoyable ever since this relationship with him started. In general, it is much more enjoyable to play with someone you are really into also playing.

3 Likes

Yes!
In fact, that’s exactly how I ended up with my Fiance!
We met on WoW. At first, it was a short RP interaction (RP server) where my character was stupidly trying to steal from an Orc, and his character stopped anything bad from happening, tossed mine a few gold then that was it!
A few months later, lo and behold, one of my friends introduces our characters for real!
We ended up starting a long distance relationship and would talk on skype often. After about 5 or so years, we met up for the first time.
Now? He’s moved across the US to live with me, and we’ve happily been living together for almost 4 years now.

Doesn’t always work for everyone… But it can happen!

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!

I got my wife hooked on WoW (it was really the Gnome race…but, yeah). We’ve been hooked ever since.

1 Like

At the moment, I am not actually too sure…

I just think that dating/marriage just feel too dangerous at the moment, it’s tempting to not give into what all those MGTOW boys are saying, but I don’t want to completely close off my heart. Just need the right person.

Yes. And congrats to all those who have! :wink:
I wish one of these stories were mine!! /jelly lol

1 Like

Those guys take it to the extreme. I can understand being careful and I can also understand not opting into marriage, but people can have happy relationships and interactions with each other.

1 Like

Well the problem is, much of what they say about the dangers of dating single parents, people three times fatter than I am, I regret to say…has often been true.

Though tbh, I don’t really know what I want out of a relationship right now, and it’s really hard as I dealing with a lot of crappy people, I mean one person that I thought seemed nice friendly turned out to be anti-vaxxer that went off their nut when I told them i got the needle for the flu, which was a bit annoying, given that I always respected both sides in that argument.

And as far as wow is concerned, I mean there’s lots of people I like and am attracted to, but most of them are in their late teens/early twenties, and I’m like 33, and I feel caught between generations right now.

To be blunt, I’m approaching ‘the wall’ so I don’t know if its time to just give up, and live out the rest of my life in solitude, even if I do want to open my heart to the right person. But I tell you, these spiritual types of people, they are like ‘omg you have a vax!’ or ‘omg i don’t want to be around any negativity!’ that kind of thing, I mean, I know I might not want to be around people that smoke weed and drink alcohol all day, but there comes a point when people are TOO judgemental, and it makes opening ones heart impossible.

I try think about what I’m doing, but when I look at other people, I see there’s really nothing but complete garbage out there atm. Maybe I am wrong and someone can capture my heart/body/soul, but I don’t know, if that turns out to be someone from wow great. One of my good friends on wow believes I WILL find someone. But I don’t know. Sorry for the rant