Would you enjoy Preach's WoW?

RNG is out of shadowlands though. This was a discussion about covenants. Preach’s response was building a strawman to the question because RNG has nothing to do with the question as it’s irrelevent when it comes to covenants and shadowlands.

What RNG do you think is incidental to deterministic button pushing?

I thought ion was asking about the balance of player action and RNG. In other words, it was a general, philosophical question. My mistake.

Negative, the entire discussion from the start of the stream was said to be a conversation about covenants. Preach keeps pivoting to RNG.

Ok? Then complain about that, but you cant sit there and say he is advocating for homogenization. You are spreading false information.

Ion asked him a question about variance. The most recent examples we had of variance were the last 2 expansions with titanforging, corruption, legendary drops, etc. It seems reasonable to use those as examples. 99% of the mythic raiders preferred the expansions prior to Legion where, for the most part, everyone had the same exact gear/talents, and performance was based around player skill and execution.

1 Like

No. He literally says he wants all hunters to be the same. Then defends that positions by using RNG as an example.

Homogenization under any giftwrap is still homogenization.

1 Like

Lmao…I feel like you are trolling now. Are we supposed to believe that he is making two completely separate statements in a single response?

Does he mean all hunters have the same ability to output the same DPS or does he actually say that all hunters should have the same talent choices and gear etc?

If it’s the former, I would hope all hunters have the same chance. Thats where his corruption and titanforging RNG comment most likely came from: if that much power is tied to RNG than those two hunters may have wildly disparate DPS outputs and it would mean that any bridge between that gap would have to be covered by skill. Without such RNG, the gap between same class DPS output would be less, and then you add player skill.

When asked if they should all be the same with the -only- difference being the button press effeniency and mechanics. And he says yes to that. That is literally what that means.

If he didn’t believe they should be homogenizing the game, he would have stated no, but - then went on his RNG tangent explaining how that aspect was bad.

1 Like

As a whole, I think people are arguing the over the wrong problem, which should be borrowed power as a whole. The whole issue with shadow priest right now is that its only ever ‘good’ when its propped up on so much borrowed power and just never gets ‘fixed.’ Sure, borrowed power has always existed in this game, whether it had been tier sets/legendaries or whatever, but they never made or broken an entire class/spec, like things have developed since legion.

Ion asked if Preach would be ok with every hunter in a Mythic raid being exactly the same in terms of gear/stats/abilities, and the only difference being their skill and execution on an encounter. So basically the system we had from Vanilla through MoP.

If you care for my opinion, and this comes from the fact that this is an rpg game, everything should count. Your race, your gear, your talent choices, your covenant, your legendary, your soulbinds and your conduits. Even if all of that amounted to an irrelevant 1,5% total dmg. Heck wizards of the coast games had your horoscope sign make a difference. Fallout had the fact that the enemy was a woman or a man, day and night and even other things make a difference. This is the beauty of an rpg.

2 Likes

Oh another thread making up crap.

Can you be declined from a group or lose your raid spot based on what you choose in these games?

nothing is being made up, but not gonna get nailed for spam so not linking the video again. Scroll up find it. and you will see the truth.

They don’t want convoluted multilayered systems with multiple grinds and new currencies.

Nobody ever said they don’t want something “interesting”. The issue is that what you think is “interesting”, others legitimately do not.

I’ve said it like 3 times now and you apparently can’t acknowledge it. There was no variance at the top end of Mythic (formerly Heroic) raids from BC through MoP. This is what Preach wants to go back to. You farm your BiS, then only skill and execution separates 2 players playing the same class.

No, even back then. Crit chance made it so there was some variation in DPS due to RNG. He wants there to be no differences. Believe some trinkets had some RNG to them as well.

As it stands those choices do count. And I agree with you, I dig those choices. Currently in game the time of day matters for at least one race, too. That’s really cool to me.

In the end it’s not a huge deal and we’ll learn to rock it. I’m just more bummed that thematically certain covenant abilities look more class-appropriate than the entire covenant. (night fae versus kyrian)

You are putting words in his mouth. He never said anything about crit or any other stats. He even gives an example of the DK he used to compete against back then and how much fun it was. You are actually just trolling at this point.