[WotLK] Race/Faction change

Thank you for putting some effort into this, Mispeled. As you can see this Topic is dead compared to the RDF one, we are hopeless and this is the only light at the end of tunnel we have to get an official answer from Blizzard. This means a lot from us and you have no idea how much you are helping.

3 Likes

Dude just let me make my human a draenei. I promise my crap tier Gift of the Naaru won’t break the game.

Personally I like the idea of both. One (race change) being via barber shop and the other (faction) being a pay option.

If I end up having friends on the horde versus alliance (or vice versa) I think it would be nice getting to move over and not having to start all over.

6 Likes

TBH idk if I care for race/faction changes. I would like a barber which I think they’re adding. Because my characters look hella ugly

I agree. enable them both. even at the beginning. it would be a good will gesture to make the race change in the same faction free.

2 Likes

blizzard afraid of getting free money

3 Likes

I believe they’re afraid of Race Changes hurting their Boosts sales but I’m pretty sure people would rather drop 100$ on a Race Change than re-roll their fully progressed Classic character, they could just increase the price if that’s the issue.

3 Likes

Yes, because of the changes being made to races is so significant the meta is shifting for each faction. Players should be able to chase the meta within the faction they’ve chosen if they want to without, losing all the progress they’ve made on that character over the past 2+ years (Reputations, Titles, Legionaries, etc) by having to make a new character. People weren’t given the foresight of a WOTLK Classic confirmation (only extremely early speculations) when Vanilla classic was being released and had no way to pre-plan their race choices with WOTLK Classic as a definite.

If there wasn’t such significant race changes happening then I’d say no.

No, because it could cause further imbalances on servers.

There should be a 3-6month cooldown on race changes.

BUmp! 10char.

Just want to change from a dwarf to a Draenei. They weren’t available in Vanilla and figured i could hold out til Wrath until race change was available.

2 Likes

Allow race changes as long as you don’t let them switch factions in that change. Don’t allow faction changes.

2 Likes

These are services first offered in Wotlk. You can still do so in current day retail warcraft, none of these arguments against race/faction change make any sense whatsoever. Just like RDF, Dualspec, bg queing anywhere are all WOTLK systems being able to faction and race change are wotlk services that are a part of the xpac. I don’t understand the need to CHANGE one of the best xpacs wow has ever had. Why do devs and parts of the community think they know better? We sat through all of vanilla classic and tbc classic with its systems and services, now is the time for wrath. The people against all of these things are actively RUINING the experience people have waited 15 years to replay outside of pservers. There’s a REASON people liked wotlk and taking things out here and there to fit some people’s preferences should not even be on the table but here we are trying to defend wotlk so that it stays wotlk

4 Likes

Let me escape this human prison.

2 Likes

Bring in the faction and race changes, its a win for everyone all round. Give the players what they want!

4 Likes

hopefully we get a definitive answer before pre patch

2 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. 90 day cooldown on faction change.
3 Likes
  1. Do you think Race change should be available in WotLK Classic? Yes! having the availablity to change your race helps to keep thing fresh, and for people that enjoy min-maxing the game it can make their character stronger, if people are willing to pay for these services then that should be up to them (this applies to faction change aswell).

2. Do you think Faction change should be available in WotLK Classic? I think it should be available, as it was originally. It would allow players that chose different paths at the beginning of classic to play with eachother again, without losing the time and effort that they invested into their characters, as well as experiencing a different side of the game.

3. Hypothetically speaking, should either of those be implemented, what kind of restrictions should they include? Cooldown and not resetting dungeon/raid resets, and any other restrictions that are enforced on retail that I may not be aware of.

5 Likes

Add it all with no restrictions. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it, simple. Anyone who says it takes anything away from the game or does ANYTHING to reduce their enjoyment of the game is full of delusional cope.

6 Likes

Hello again, I just wanted to provide proof of the tweet on June 5 by Brian Birmingham himself. This is the latest update on race change that I’m aware of.

4 Likes

I would respectfully submit that most “min-maxers” are very attached to their characters, maybe just in a different way. I can say for myself that I am extremely attached to the gear, mounts, progress and stories that I have with my characters, but I do not associate that with my character’s race or faction. I will choose to play my character instead of rerolling everytime over a small performance increase, but it will feel bad and make me resentful. I would pay to make my character the optimal race in a heartbeat and be happy about it. I consider myself a min-maxer, but with some respect for my time.

3 Likes