WOTLK lore so much better than DF lore

Bro needs to start relying on ChatGPT from now on.

DF Lore: “forced rto has cost us some amazing people and will continue to cost us more in the coming months.

it is a terrible, shortsighted, self-destructive policy that is only weakening our ability to deliver the kind of game we want to make and our players deserve.”

WOTLK Lore: [Proto-dragons], the long-forgotten forbears of the dragon species, emerged from the mists of the north. Steadfast races such as the bovine [taunka]and the walrus-like [tuskarr] survived in the face of adversity. Even the [Drakkari] [ice trolls] continued to carve out an existence in the inhospitable realm.

What are you smoking and can I have some?!

Pppsstt… backstory and such:

1 Like

What lore did WotLK actually add?

I just remember it being an absolutely horrible story. Which is par for the course when it comes to WoW and over all expansion arcs.

He’s quoting warcraft 3 lore not wotlk lore :joy:
I’ve played warcraft 3 too many times.

That’s why I linked the entirety of it, silly lol

1 Like

DF Lore: The artist that designed the new priest tier set left blizzard

WOTLK Lore: For millennia, Ulduar has remained undisturbed by mortals, far away from their concerns and their struggles. Yet since its recent discovery, many have wondered what the structure’s original purpose may have been

100% better

Any previous expansion lore is better than this rainbow friendship dragon nonsense.

DF is a decent xpac, but story and theme leave a lot to be desired

1 Like

I know right? I really liked the part where I helped the Dragons on top of their tower while they just sat around doing nothing and getting their asses handed to them…wait which expansion was that again?

1 Like

wotlk had years of solid, meaningful character development preceding it…that’s why it felt so great imo

the current narrative team just throws in a random new character every few years and they’re so forgettable and boring… they never do anything impactful

blizzard needs to put imagination & creativity into their modern characters…which means stop trying to make everyone a good guy…put in some real good vs evil in here like a true fantasy world.

corny stories will be forgotten…if you want high energy lore again, take some risks :100:

2 Likes

They won’t because they are trying to figure out how not to get fired instead of how to make a good game

B…b…but muh representation and sylvanas fan fiction!!!

I actually read the quest text in wrath and enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Yup wrath way better. These dragons in dragonflight sure couldn’t bring in 12 million sad :sob:.

1 Like