1 Like

Im playing both classic and ff14.

1 Like

and thats cool
then you see games are different and to an extend so its the playerbase

i dont play game because is popular or not dying
i play it because i like it
and i will do so until it stops being fun to me

I dunno, in 2019 it had a 2 million player growth, its fair to say that that is likely the around the same amount or growth wow saw with classic

2 Likes

Pretty much nothing will change other than I will say (to myself) “Blizzard, *sigh, shouldn’t have done that” and then I will play WOTLK-C and move on with my life either way.

Sorry to disappoint.

Even you’ll admit that having RDF in the game will not change how you play it. Thanks for your support.

11 Likes

Well, WoW started with 0 and rose to now around 25 millions of unique users, from what little data is available, in 3 years.
If we’re talking active users only, yeah, FF14 is definitely a lot higher than WoW Classic and probably higher than Retail as well.

2 Likes

Oh, even more, the “You think you do, but you don’t” meme is super overplayed, but the irony here is that…well, there is truth to it.

Many people have an idea about what they want but no actual good ideas for how to achieve that, and sometimes they don’t even know what they want until they try it and find out…oh, this is what I want.

While I still agree that, in the specific context of the exact question he was asked, regarding vanilla servers in which many were already playing on private servers for years, it was a weird take, in general game theory, it’s actually a pretty sound comment to make.

3 Likes

Pretty disingenuous summary of what I said. Having RDF won’t change the fact I will play but definitely does change how it plays.

You should stop putting words in peoples’ mouths. It makes discussion less complicated.

2 Likes

And from 2019-2020 ff14 went from 18 million unique users to 35 million

1 Like

If we’re making requests, can you stop with the words coming out of your mouth? You’ve already derailed the thread with your self indulged opinions on things you can’t understand.

3 Likes

yet here we are

I’m pretty sure even the owner of this thread will attest to the fact that I’ve been pretty civil with the sharing of my thoughts and opinions here.

Can’t say the same for you…

What exactly do I “not understand”? Your plight for why you need/want RDF?

1 Like

that’s a bad time frame to look at though. you are looking at the entire life of WoW classic from launch to present, while only looking at a small portion of FF14’s lifetime, and cuts out the few months before when they would had seen a massive influx of players due to the new expansion release.

Well, I’m not a moderator, I can’t police, nor should I be expected to, but I would appreciate if conversation could stay civil.

I think we all want what we consider best for the game, disagreements are to be had. Only need people to keep their cool and be respectful of others.

6 Likes

Samesies.

How do you feel about RDF missing from WOTLK-C? Do you think it will “kill” the game or have a negligible effect on the experience? Do you think it will have an effect that is tantamount to changing the entire experience compared to original WOTLK?

Human psychology is more complex than that. A (hopefully obvious) example would be that they could give an option during character creation to create max-level, fully end-game gear equipped characters; and who wouldn’t choose those.

However, it’s quite possible that the overall game experience, community, and playerbase would suffer as a result.

Also, it’s difficult to go with absolutes, particularly when there are so many variables, and so many individuals that make up “the community.”

1 Like

wow classic was supposed to be a small and niche thing to do for the “boomer” player base
not a replacement or upgrade to retail

1 Like

Its the opposite, its your plight as to why you incorrectly don’t want RDF. You can claim civility all you want, but being smug with your matter-of-factly comments shows otherwise.

Based on the amount of unending threads, polls, and articles on gaming websites on how bad the removal of RDF is for WOTLKC-C, we can already assess that its having a negative impact on the community before WOTLK C is launched.

3 Likes