[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

TBCC would have benefited greatly from an RDF style system. Especially during phase 5, when the new badge vendors came out where you needed literally hundreds of badges of justice to be able to buy the items you needed off the vendor.

Good luck grinding 250+ badges from heroics if you’re new in phase 5 TBCC. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

At this point, its pretty obvious that the OP feigned indifference and wanted understanding on our different viewpoints on RDF, but in actuality was just looking for the few players like Zipzo to align with the Anti-RDF views of our ‘developers’. Just report back to blizzard that Zipzo agrees with its removal so Brian can back up his decision when it backfires come WOTLK C.

15 Likes

thats arriving at the end of the party and complaining that you missed it
next time, arrive early

most people i play with had hundreds upon hundreds of badges accumulated by just playing the game

I’m not sure who hurt you in life, but I hope things are looking up, friend.

3 Likes

Gods forbid not everyone has the exact same time-tables and availability to paly a video game that everyone else has. :slight_smile:

Or happens to decide to level an alt, during the inevitable down time of phases ending.

That’s a really poor argument.

2 Likes

this an mmo
time IS everything

1 Like

I feel neither for or against to be honest. I see benefits and negatives from both.
I understand why you don’t want it and I understand why Dreamsphere wants it and I think you both have good reasons to want it or not, despite some of the hostility.

I don’t see it killing the game and I can’t foresee whether the effect it will have will be negligible or not so I can’t really tell either way. If I had to go with my gut reaction, I would say that it would overall have a negative impact if not at the very least included at some point during WotLKC lifecycle or if there is no partial solution to replace it. Hence why I think thread like these are important and why I wish to bring it to the Community Council attention.

Not really, Dungeon Finder is just one aspect of WotLK, it’s a fairly major one but WotLKC will still be WotLK in the end.

6 Likes

I have over 12k and I work outside every day.

Some of us just enjoy doing this during our off hours.

2 Likes

i do it to make people mald while working from home

I’m sorry if I made you feel that way.
I would stand to gain nothing from engaging in this conversation and moving this along to the Community Council if I was indeed purely in favor of removing the Dungeon Finder.

The most engagement you’ve had this far in this thread is with the one person who was 100% against RDF.

2 Likes

someone has to do it

You’re welcome to your own opinion I suppose.

Though I have no idea how that remotely goes against me pointing out that phase 5 TBCC could have greatly benefited from Wrath-style LFG system, to assist in people getting daily dungeons done and grinding the hundreds of badges needed to purchase upgrades.

Which Wrath is going to have the exact same systems, and even more so doubles and triples down on the badge systems. Therefore, if TBCC could have been made better for having the system, then I cannot fathom why someone would think being without it in wrath is somehow a positive.

RDF is there for the Pick up group experience, allowing you to get stuff done, if you’re looking for a more social experience, you should join a guild.

4 Likes

wrath is wrath tbc is tbc
rdf has no place in tbcc but it does in wrath
a tweaked rdf would work wonders in wrath but only blizzard has the power to do so
and i dont trust them

But if RDF were in the game youd miss out on all the meaningful “ill go” interactions. That would be a shame

1 Like

There has been some engagement with me as well. And though you may have inferred from my disagreement with your statements about having RDF not preventing people who don’t want it from playing as they do/did without it, that I am anti-RDF, I am not.

I feel, and have stated as such several times that it would make sense to have an RDF introduced around the same timeline in Wrath Classic as it was in the original WotLK.

On a slightly off-thread-topic note, what I am concerned with is that Retail and Classic seem to be converging towards each other. In the next Retail expansion, class trees are returning, and in the next Classic expansion, we may have RDF…

You’ve mentioned, “Just play Classic Era,” and I actually do think that is a pretty decent solution for those of us who want to experience the game world without RDF, without Flying, without paladins who can taunt, shamans on the Alliance, etc.

I don’t like the idea that the 2 series would be moving more towards alignment with each other than away from each other, to really explore and satisfy the playerbases for each respective game track. I suppose that also means that personally, I’d like to see something interesting in WoW Classic – And maybe I’m alone here, but I really dislike the changes that SoM brought; I don’t want to be pushed further to quest (which I hate doing), I just want to either dungeon grind, or learn some mage solo strat, which is some intensely fun flavor, imo.

Anyway, that’s a big aside. :slight_smile:

1 Like

RDF would have made TBCC better especially in phase 5, overall.

You might personally think it has no place, and that’s your opinion, you’re welcome to it.

However, the game itself would have functionally been better off with a RDF style system in phase 4 or 5. It didn’t, because people react to new technology as if it was part of the bloody satanic panic.

However, we played this silly no RDF game for long enough imho. It’s pretty clear the “Interactions” people are looking for would be better served by them finding a guild and interacting with the guild, instead of demanding every random person they run into just trying to get the daily heroic done somehow give a damn about them.

8 Likes

The only community council member worth their salt is Sixx but that’s cuz he’s my hunter senpai.

I’ve replied to a lot of people in this thread, is it because I thanked Zipzo for his post?

I’m thankful of everyone who posted in here and given their opinion, I appreciate your initial post as well and I engaged with you before Zipzo, I’m not sure what you want me to say here.

1 Like

Hey, give Mispeled a chance! This is the first Community Council interaction thread we’ve had on RDF, and it might be interesting to have a Blizzard elected representative bring our viewpoint to Blizzard.