[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

What I find ironic is that people were asking for dungeon finder for TBC Classic.

1 Like

I don’t find it too ironic. There will always be those players that want a copy of retail.

1 Like

Thats strange…retail still exists. Wouldn’t they just play retail if thats what they wanted?

To add to that, people who don’t want RDF can just go play era servers, right?

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s true, and maybe even border-line rude to state, towards both people with mental illness and those who need some encouragement.

In any case, it seems difficult for you to understand my point, and while I feel that I understand that you are just saying, “Have both and you can choose.” Perhaps I am misunderstanding your point.

Having both mostly forces using RDF or not participating. Whether that’s an overall better way to go or not is, at least in my opinion, debatable.

2 Likes

They’ve been doing that for years now with their non-stop time gating. Locking people out of necessary gear progression due to a chat based interface is going to push people away. The chat based grouping option was so bad in wrath they felt the need to automate the process.

In wrath your end game will revolve around emblems you get from the dailies. People will fall behind if they can’t get in and then they’ll quit when the only option forward is to farm 1000’s of gold to pay for carries or GDPK.

15 Likes

kinda like this but with a twist
RDF but
no cross realm
no teleport
and release it with phase 2
phase one needs its leveling experience to remain untouched
but having it all the way into ICC wouldbe too late
so release it along ulduar

3 Likes

Not necessarily.

It’s an opportunity to live in a different content environment with the same features they are used to which is potentially enticing.

Why would we need to do that when they already announced it won’t be in WOTLK-C.

I remember when J. Allen Brack said “Remember when you had to, like, spam cities and say need a tank need a tank need a tank during the burning crusade days? You don’t remember that because now you just have to press a button.” and people got pissed at him for saying that.

This whole Dungeon Finder debate really puts what he said in perspective for me.

4 Likes

What leveling experience??

Spamming dungeons from 70-80 like we did in tbc with 60-70?

Y’all really holding onto the past.

6 Likes

The current game shows he was right too. If anything classic is validating RDFs existance

7 Likes

I’m not sure that you’re understanding that your own point is invalid. If there is a path of least resistance, people will choose it because its better than the other option(s) available. Removing an option just because a very few don’t like it, is never the correct choice.

If RDF is added back into WOTLK, I hope, for the sake of us all, that you either unsub (as you’ve told others to do) or banish yourself to Classic era servers forever.

2 Likes

They wont. They positioned themselves where they can just shrug it off and act like it wasnt that big of a deal if it was in or not.

is no mistery for those who dwell here that Allen was … half right at least

many people think they did but they didnt

since classic day one is has been a never ending whine of “dual specs, nerf this nerf that buff this buff that.i dont get invited to groups so add lfr! fix balance bla blabla SOME CHANGES!”

they screamed classic
classic was provided
but turns out they wanted a retailificated version of classic apparently

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say that.

Classic is actually the third most played MMORPG of the past 3 years or so.
Right behind Retail and Runescape.

People like Classic. The existence of Classic era private servers for the past 15 years is another proof that there is an audience for the classic experience.

2 Likes

Final fantasy 14 is beating all of them and it has all the things vanilla purists hate

2 Likes

different playerbase
those who made the effort to make classica a thing just did not like how retail handles things
and ff14 handles things just like if not sightly better than retail,

played till elvel 70 on ff
half the time i was on quest of go there and talk to someone for 2 hours
or get teleported into a dungeon talk to no one , clear it and have no idea if those were real people or bots

• but ff does have gold saucer… and i love gold saucer
2 Likes

How about having a few realms on which the LFD is disabled, while allowing others have it.

3 Likes

I don’t feel that its necessary for it to be added in at WotLK launch. I can totally live without it and only really enjoyed it on my tank because the queue was always instant.

2 Likes

Classic is dying, retail is dying. Yet final fantasy 14 which is over a decade old also is growing.

3 Likes

FF14 saw a surge during the last year but if you look only at the last 3 years, Classic has had more players join it than FF14 had.

But it’s fair to say FF14 is up there with WoW.
It doesn’t change the fact that WoW Classic is still a very popular MMORPG that put a lot of other modern MMORPGs to shame.

3 Likes