[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

No you linked to a Reddit thread that posted memes and no polls(weird how you cut out that part about polls I mentioned, convenient). Every single POLL that has been taken on the subject shows people want LFD. You say you want LFD, but judging by your mannerisms it looks like you prefer more to earn brownie points with Blizz while derailing posts people make that are upset with removal of LFD.

No they didn’t, read above. Go read the Reddit thread they linked. It’s a pathetic attempt to misrepresent the polls I mentioned.

1 Like

They should add an in-game NPC for a limited period of time in every capital city with polls for Race Changes and Random Dungeon Finder. Limit it to 1 vote per account aswell.

False, there was a daily heroic quest that awarded 2 emblems of the highest raid tier. The only reason the quest was removed and “baked in” to the random Dungeon Finder was because the daily heroic dungeon varied from server to server which caused problems with a cross-server grouping tool.

There are several ways to include RDF and alleviate concerns about those emblems, gearing, etc.

If you cannot see how a thread being liked and becoming a hot thread on reddit isn’t a sort of poll on how people that browse reddit generally don’t like the LFD, I don’t know what to tell you.

You live in a bubble, an echo chamber, and you need to be more opened to opinions that contradict yours. It’s not healthy for you to completely ignore what others have to say.

4 Likes

I feel it’s a very poor decision that they made, and one that they’ll likely be backtracking on if they want the Classic experiment to continue.

Greatly increases how much people actually play the game, one of the few things Blizzard ever did as a positive in terms of respecting the playerbase’s time.

The only real issue imo were troll groups of 4 kicking/wasting the time of their 5th, or people dropping just because they didn’t get the piece of loot they were after before finishing. But both of those can happen without Dungeon Finder.

The only compromise I wouldn’t be against would be the system attempting to force same server groups, maybe even locking mega server faction. Alliance on Benediction only ever getting Benediction groups, for example, vs Benediction Horde having access to cross server.

And the bonus reward isn’t something I’d be a stickler about either, tbh. Being able to spend time playing the game actually playing it is preferable over padding /played.

I respect your optimism for Blizzard ever releasing that info.

2 Likes

You did nothing of the sort. You linked one thread on Reddit started by one person stating that they did not like LFD and were glad it’s not returning with Wrath. There were many people arguing in that thread just like we all argue here.

If you want to claim that it counts as a poll because it has ~500 upvotes there’s another thread with a pro-RDF title that has more upvotes on Reddit.

At best you’ve proven what all of the rational players already understand - it’s contentious. Some of the players are very passionate about this issue - but probably the majority aren’t in either of those camps and will play WotLK (or not) based on other factors.

1 Like

So it’s not “EVERY SINGLE ONE has overwhelming support for LFD” if it’s contentious.

Therefor it disprove what he said?

That’s the whole point I’m making here, people don’t vote unless it affects them enough to bother voting.
People who don’t want LFD are far less likely to bother voting when the decision was already made that LFD isn’t going to be included.

1 Like

No one have the same amount of incent to participate in as much polls as possible except those want to get LFD.

He just linked a reddit thread to show you that the opposite exist too. But, they tend to be less vocal about because they are fine about not having LFD or just don’t care.

Guess what ? It works like that in real life too. When you get the expected experience you aren’t vocal about it. But when you don’t get what you want… most people get pissed and rush to put 1/5 and complain on every rating website.

People upvoting a thread on Reddit isn’t a poll. Go see the numerous YT creators, with large audiences, that hold polls…or any of the numerous polls and threads here that consolidate those polls on the forums. Each one overwhelmingly supports LFD. Some non-sensical and logically inconsistent troll thread on Reddit being used as some “competing data against LFD” is misrepresenting actual polls taken on the matter.

You’re continuing to make it clear that you don’t actually support LFD, you just want to appear you do so that you can derail the outrage of it being removed.

Yet you ignored the fact there are competing threads that are pro LFD with even more upvotes. Why is that? You seem intent on misrepresenting the data to make the topic APPEAR contested, when in fact it isn’t. If Reddit upvotes are a poll, then why exclude the other votes?

1 Like

If you have to become that flexible in what your definition of a “poll” is in order to be right, then fine. Go have your fun.

As far as people being less likely to voice their opinion because they feel Blizzard already decided - yeah, that’s part of my problems with Blizzard’s historically absolutely awful communication skills that they keep promising to get better at and never do.

Anyhoo, I have to go to work. See y’all later.

I find it really odd that a player who has zero logs since SSC/TK(and only two partial kills at that) is made a member of the Community Council to get “the finger on the pulse” of current Classic players. I’m guessing you transferred from Netherwind to Benediction as part of Blizz’s terrible server population management? Still odd how you have zero logs since then and only 167 posts in the forums. Blizz employee sent to put out fires???

If you need to know, this character was my main only for part of phase 1, I have 7 other level 70s and I only use this paladin for casual Shockadin PvP.

Then why only 168 posts on forums? Seems rather low to be made a member of Community Council…

Because I post on other characters and when Blizzard asked me which character I wanted to be promoted to Community Council, I told them this one because I’d like some privacy as a player.

I mean, I can just search your guild and see it’s your “alt” submitting Misplaced’s logs. Not hard to run through 25 characters from there to see which is yours. So the “privacy” claim is a bit…misplaced. Seems rather fishy to me.

You’re free to obsess over me if you want, a little creepy if you ask me, but there’s no reason for me to try to prove myself to people who won’t like me regardless of who I am.

I could be Rank 1 glad in all bracket, speed running every raid, posting 1000 post a day on the forums, leading 20 GDKPs a week and it still would not be enough for some.

It’s the fact you are portraying yourself contrary to how you are acting and directing conversations. You say you want LFD, yet continue to steer discussions towards seeing how the topic is contentious among players…and you do so in a less than logically consistent manner. You say you value privacy which is why you won’t post on your main, yet you post from the character that submits your main guild’s parses. See how these things contradict what you say? There’s nothing creepy about calling people out for their less than honest behavior when they claim to be compiling our grievances for Blizz in the Community Council Forum.

Attacking a character’s profile vs the content of what they’re saying is always a bad look. You’re just making yourself look bad at this point.

You’ve basically just launched yourself into a my dad is better than your dad school yard argument.

7 Likes

Where did I say I want LFD? I have no stakes in this change, I’m fine with having the LFD or not.

Half the people say I want it, the other say I don’t want it. :person_shrugging:
I can’t stop you, or anyone else, from making assumptions on what I want or not, even though I’ve said many times that I am not on either side.

The topic is contentious among players. I understand that you don’t want to believe this, but it is simply a factual thing to say that the topic is contentious.

I also don’t see how me posting logs for my guild on this character would allow you to figure out which character(s) are mine. You’re free to make guesses but I won’t humor you on that.

Ignore their parses, alts, guilds, etc and look for how many straw men they built before getting their gold text.

1 Like