[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

You’re ignoring literally everything else that came after RDF.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. Your belief is wrong.

This is the core problem here. You simply don’t want it. You have no valid reasoning why, you just simply don’t want it.

There are problems with literally everything. Gaming in itself causes serious health problems. RDF, unlike most things that came after it, has very few downsides. Its just being relentlessly victimized by those who lack the insight to look elsewhere to point fingers.

It most certainly has not been recreated.

Except that pugging dungeons is not any more social now without LFD, it really never was. And that’s what we’re talking about, if you are doing dungeons now with friends/guildies LFD doesn’t in any way change that.

It’s totally fair for someone to say “I don’t like LFD” or “most people will switch to LFD over chat”. Sure great, fabrication is pretending that that damages the social atmosphere or that LFD groups just treat people like NPC’s.

1 Like

TBCC throws that argument in the trash. There is no social aspect. Spamming the LFG channel with endless boosting is not being social.

3 Likes

Lol, and they call my arguments circular…

No, you’re wrong!

I do. It contributes to a de-sanctification of communion with players on your realm, thus desaturating the social elements of the experience in WoW.

There’s one reason.

True, but fortunately for us, we play a game where a developer can remove the problematic things, and it is that which they have done.

It most certainly has.

1 Like

Actually no it hasn’t, maybe on servers it’s closer but on some(most) servers it’s wildly different which all that is required to show that the social environment was not created by things like lack of LFD.

And you honestly can’t see how it will damage the social atmosphere - even as little as there is now? It’s all relative. Even if TBCC there is little social atmosphere. It is totally plausible that adding something like LFD will make it even worse. Possible? Absolutely. Definite? No.

I don’t think anyone is saying that without LFD the social aspect will come alive again. Just that it’ll lessen what is already a bad situation.

That reason is completely invalid. Just because you choose to sit in goldshire and RP with other people doesn’t mean that RDF is going to take away your precious in-game echo chamber of other delusionals.

Actually yes it has.

If you think there’s no social elements in Classic I can only surmise you simply don’t engage with the social elements that are there, which tbh is unsurprising, I don’t exactly find you to be a very fun person to socialize with.

No! Your reasons are invalid!

Jesus man…come up with a better rebuttal other than “Your reason is invalid” or “You’re wrong”.

It gets tiring because you keep expecting substantive answers to your posts, when your posts are just empty garbage.

1 Like

Did you not read the rest of my post? I gave you a reason. We’ve all given you hundreds of reasons. Go ahead and get upset, people usually go defensive when their point of view has been challenged and overturned. You’ll learn and grow from it.

LFD is an improvement if anything in the social environment over the current situation. The current situation pugging dungeons is pretty awful for most people. LFD would not only directly improve that experience but free them up to do actual meaningful in game activities that would create interaction with other players while waiting for a dungeon. Which would indirectly improve the social experience.

Samesies.

Exhausation =| defensive.

I’ll give you props, you’re relentless with your garbage, at least.

1 Like

Ah yes refusing to quote the whole post as it destroys your argument.

Hmm just posted this, but it’s all relative. I don’t think anyone is saying removing LFD will make the world alive. It’ll just make a non social world, more social. Which is still … non social. lol.

Classic wow serves no purpose with antisocial and anti community elements such as cross realm and automated grouping. This is an mmo, you have to build networks and talk to people. Most of WotLK didn’t have this destructive feature and would not be missed by the vast majority of non-retail tourists.

An improved grouping finding tool like we have in TBC is OK. LFD in any iteration is not.

1 Like

This was my real turning point in going from not thrilled with lfd to thinking it is completely essential for Wrath’s success. The fact that the playerbase is simply not the same as what it was.

And it took me a while to accept that. I would often make posts about returning to the old ways. Of course there’s some irony that dungeon finder is the old ways, since it was in Wrath. But anyway, at the end of the day players are what they are. The ‘community’ is what it is. And without dungeon finder in 2022 it is a complete disaster. So arguing what dungeon finder did to the game is irrelevant. That’s already been done and players have brought this modern mentality into Classic and it’s not going anywhere. That’s just the reality of the situation.

So I’m not arguing against possible negatives LFD had on the playerbase. I’m saying it doesn’t matter at this point. What matters is making the best of the Wrath Classic situation, and that means having dungeon finder. Now, if dungeon finder hadn’t been added until Cata I would still be on the opposite end of the spectrum because I always put authenticity first. It’s just an amazing coincidence that Blizzard implemented a fantastic fix to the horrible things going on in TBCC during Wrath. Blizzard should be throwing a party they can deal with these issues in an authentic way. Instead they reject it. It’s pure insanity.

6 Likes

You call this a valid argument that is substantive, and worth addressing as a rebuttal?

This is your idea of a contributing statement? You think I’m ignoring this particular trash because it “destroys” my argument? Really?

1 Like

Lol. We all know your long, drawn out list of nonsense that you actually believe is true. Its fine. But we get it, move on. Go rally against some other topic for a while. Give this one a rest, you’re clearly outnumbered and your lack of logic isn’t ever going to be greater than our common sense.

So you’d be happy if battleground queue was removed? No more cross-realm bgs, and players have to travel to the bg instance portal to enter?

And by the way what’s anti-social is what’s going on in TBCC right now without dungeon finder.

That’s totally fine and it makes sense why people could think that way. But this whole idea of lying, not lying, proof, no proof just doesn’t exist. There are legit arguments for and against LFD.

I mean, discussion is fun, but once people start pretending anything is “proven”, that’s a little sketchy.