[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

You don’t, which is the sad part because it’s not exactly quantum theory I’m throwing at you.

There’s no “rally”. I’m just supporting Blizzard’s decision in a topic that was clearly meant to discuss the change.

If common sense = posts like yours, I’m glad to be out of my mind.

1 Like

RDF should just be in wrath classic as a baseline. People simply don’t interact beyond saying “lfm” and “inv”… It isn’t increasing any meaningful levels of socialization in the game. If anything, the absence of rdf is merely limiting the accessibility of dungeons more generally, and especially crippling for leveling brackets, where groups are dramatically less likely to form. And when groups are less likely to form at all, you’re actually dramatically reducing socialization and the opportunities for it, overall.

For me personally, the removal of rdf simply means I’ll do significantly less dungeons on my dk, and then only when I have a tank spec to ensure I actually get a run in a decent amount of time. I simply won’t even bother on my pure dps toons.

7 Likes

You may not believe this, but i actually do think that you sit around trying to interact with everyone that walks by. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if you sit in goldshire and say hello to every low level character that walks by and try to start up a conversation, just for the sake of this made up social interaction that you think is actually real.

100% fine with that. Unlikely to happen though.

What’s that? I’ve found dungeons in TBC to be fairly sociable.

Sure but then that’s the fun thing about optional features like LFD, just add it and the people who want it can use it and those who don’t don’t :slight_smile:

LOL. hahaha. touche my friend.

I prefer it just remain as it currently is planned: for it to not exist.

Blizzard is on the right track (for once).

I wouldn’t mind if they made those changes to pvp. Have anymore “gotcha”!’s?

ow realy do tell me how this worked out in shadowlands …

2 Likes

And there have been just as many arguments made in favor of LFD/RDF. Attempting to imply otherwise is disingenuous at best.

This isn’t Blizz throwing us a bone. This is a player who got invited to community council.

I really would have no idea. I’ve been playing classic for the past six years.

It’s sort of off topic, but if you feel like those pitfalls are relevant to the current issue, feel free to enlighten me.

You’re the first council post I have seen on this subject, so thanks for asking. I do apologise for the incoming novel.
In order asked,

1. Upset, bewildered, and most of all disappointed.

2. Players who don’t have the luxury of as much free time as they once did, myself included, can experience dungeons and farm gear and just enjoy the game. I played when I was just a teenager and had hours to pour into the game. I used dungeon finder and met my share of unhelpful and rude players, but also met many more helpful and excited players enjoying the dungeons and showing little spots where chests would spawn, rare mobs and give details on tidbits of lore of areas that I did not know. In Wrath content it made leveling and farming tokens and greens for enchanting a much easier task and I met my old guild on a very lucky encounter. This led to me spending nights running dungeons to gear people’s alts and preparing for raids without being slowed or all together prevented from doing so if someone else had a family event, work or any other real life event.

3. While I myself did not deal with it as much during Wrath, I did run into my share of absolute dungeon ruining jerks who would ninja loot, pull trash or que as a tank while being a dps spec, resulting in several wipes. In these occurrences the player would either be kicked or would drop and would likely never be seen or heard from again. I have heard issues mentioned of the world feeling empty due to the telepoeting feature, but never felt it to be an issue as the alternative would have been flying to the dungeon while alt tabbed.

4. I feel that no changes to the dungeon finder would be the best solution. The reason for this I feel simple. If they removed the ability to teleport to the dungeon, it simply adds time to the process and makes the point of time availability moot. If they remove the cross realm feature, it prevents the low population servers, the ones arguably the most in need of LFD, from being able to form groups in a reliable manner. If they isolate it to old content and release it in waves, say be able to only do Classic and BC dungeons during first patch and allow WoTLK dungeons in second patch, etc. It simply gates off content that players want to play, a pointless effort. I feel the product that they released was the best middleground for all players. No time wasted simply flying from Dalaran to Argent tournament or to Colderra, no being left out to dry because your server population dwindled, no preventing access to content because drip feeding the content keeps players longer. I could see making changes to loot rules, I.E. a hunter not taking a shield. The only other alternative I can see, is creating a non LFD realm, allow transfers of characters, guilds, etc and essentially fencing it off (or vice versa for servers with LFD). This is a dubious idea and has an entire host of issues with it, but is the best alternative I can see so that the players who do not want LFD are also not left out in the cold and forced to deal with changes they do not want. If anyone can come up with better alternatives that don’t stomp on a section of the player base I would happily support it however.

In summary, LFD was a wonderful addition to the game and removing it serves little purpose. It had flaws, but with the sheer diversity of players I feel the old version was and still is the best option. People will still in all likelihood still deal with people griefing, trash pulling and being absolute jerks. Still, those without as much free time win, those on small realms win, those who want to jump back into the old game win. I fear those who lose are the ones who dislike the effect that LFD had on the game and its community, which is itself a valid argument, but it does not mean we simply remove a feature. While I may be incorrect, it appears that the various polls show a majority of players want the old LFD, while a minority want it fully removed. These were sadly polls on the forums as Blizzard did not put out an official poll (to my knowledge) and seemed more focused on a select minority. Again, I apologize for the novel and hope that Blizzard will change their decision and release LFD so that I, one of the players without as much free time who wants to jump right into the game, can enjoy the old game that I lost hours of sleep on.

8 Likes

people have been saying everything was broken since beta but the all mighty wow devs that cant do anything wrong double down on it. game goes down hill, player base leaves and now in the last patch the devs come with this BS that they will listen and its all fixed begging to the players to come back. THEY HAD THIS INFO SINCE BETA

:thinking:
Are you referring to private servers, because Classic launched not quite 3 years ago.

That we have two orange(I guess) text posters suddenly super interested in the classic forum and this topic is an indication blizzard is interested.

What’s more of a question is what feedback are they actually funneling back to blizzard. Are they hiding or misrepresenting the general want for LFD?

Blizzard really hasn’t done themselves much favor in the trust department(and that’s not in regards to the orange posters in this thread).

Just unfortunate they’re both anti-lfd. Wish there was someone who appreciates authenticity on the community council.

I mean, one of them said he trusts the developers. If that’s what it takes to get on the community council…

4 Likes

You can view the summary of the discussion Mispeled has posted over on the WCC forum

So none really after this thread was posted and that’s assuming that is your only feedback to blizzard. There is nothing on there representing the general feedback on this thread.

Maybe Mispeled who posted this thread and can post in the other thread will provide a different perspective? Even though that is not what blizzard wants to hear.

1 Like

I’m not saying that’s not true but what I am saying is Legion was good As I said if they had gotten rid of Titan/ War foging And put the legendary vendor in at the start.

Legion what I’ve been perfect As I said shot a lens and BFA were both garbage fires and yes you’re right The whole borrowed power thing was bad but it wasn’t bad in legion the issue was.

There was no way to target the legendaries you needed That’s why I’m saying at the beginning If they had put in the vendor from the start it would have been fine.