[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

[WotLK] Let’s talk Dungeon Finder - Started by @Milspeled on the community council.

No threads/posts on the Community Council forum with conversations that happen here…

Maybe that’s part of why Blizzard is nothing but crickets on the subject. Get some representation going there Community Council.

1 Like

That’s not what we have. That perspective only exists in your head, and isn’t represented in reality.

1 Like

I don’t see the problem you have with RDF. Works extremely well.

Unless:

1. You want to be ultra picky about who you bring to face roll dungeons that five naked people could clear. Which is weird.
  2. You want to sell tanks services/boosts.
  3. You actually find “LF1M healer for yadda, yadda,” or “invite,” social interactions. Which would be sad.
4 Likes

Community Council is a joke. Don’t expect any of those people to represent the players.

You can look through their post history.

They come across as elitist. They wanted the exp buff gone and gearscore added to BGs.

Theyre good at a video game and don’t want to be bothered by lesser players.

2 Likes

Which they can still do even if rdf was added. It doesn’t eliminate their ability to group with friends, guildies, or gatekeep undergeared players from their own pug runs.

I don’t think the anti rdf people understand that it’s an optional system they can CHOOSE to use or not use.

3 Likes

Yeah I am familiar with them. Was familiar with them before they joined the PRESTIGIOUS CC and they are hardly representative of the player base.

I am calling them out.

2 Likes

You go girl! They need to be called out!

1 Like

Then why be so opinionated and defencive if it doesnt even apply to you or your interest…

Why do you think it’s smart to ignore the many points I’ve brought up against RDF in these threads, and then invent new ones for me? Do you know what a strawman is?

Yet you pretend not to know the reason I don’t like RDF? Curious.

There is no actual choice with RDF. Go make a manual pug for RFK in retail right now. I dare you.

I haven’t gone around and read every post you’ve made, my guy. That’s all I’ve seen from anti RDFers. That and, “The devs say so and I’m with the devs!!!”

You know the reason I don’t like RDF is because it degrades the social fabric of the game. Its the same reasons the devs gave. You lose.

1. How do you feel about Dungeon Finder not being added to WotLK Classic?
    Disappointed. Original Wrath had it and it added to the game and made it better for nearly everyone. It especially helped the leveling experience.

2. What do you think are the positives of having Dungeon Finder?
    Better leveling experience. Better max level experience. More dungeons happen as a result so more exposure to contact. Better game overall.

3. What do you think are the negatives of having Dungeon Finder?
    Less dungeons are run. So some people who don’t want to deal with the hassle struggle to experience content. Leveling experience is more boring (just questing). I don’t think that there is any harm to the social aspect from having it. In fact the social aspect would likely be better because chat channels would be used for chat more.

4. Do you think an hybrid solution could be implemented, whether it be a partial Dungeon Finder or a different solution altogether, and what could that solution be, if you can think of any?
    Good solution: Add RDF. But don’t make it cross-realm. That solves all complaints against it.

1 Like

I’m curious what choice people are making in classic now when forming groups. I’ve formed a lot of dungeon groups in Classic. /4 or the LFG tool doesn’t tell me if someone has good gear, if they’ve cleared the dungeon before, or if they are competent. I don’t see anyone spamming /4 that they are doing Heroic Ramps and to gear check at Adal. Mostly everyone is just grabbing random people and doing the dungeon. I really don’t see a difference between RDF and the current system except for you can’t reserve dungeon items with RDF.

Check this out lol

With World of Warcraft’s expansions came design changes to the game, and some of those changes were not consistent with the way Classic World of Warcraft felt. It’s undeniable that the latest 2021 modern expansion*, Shadowlands*, feels very different than the original launching game in 2004. Where should the evolution of the game stop, if we want to retain that Classic feel even while releasing new content? Many players today choose to play Classic WoW because they love that feel, and don’t want it to be lost.

I’ll refer you to point number 3: “You actually find “LF1M healer for yadda, yadda,” or “invite,” social interactions. Which would be sad.”

Social interactions, if they happen, happen IN the dungeon, not in the LFG channel. In fact you can be silenced for chatting there.

Pugging a classic dungeon on retail without using rdf is the same to pugging a wotlk dungeon during wotlk classic if rdf was added?!?

Come on man.

A better comparison is go pug a current shadowlands dungeon in retail that can be rdf’ed. and guess what? You don’t have any issues filling it.

1 Like

I get that, but the players and the internet are not the same as they were in 2004 either. If someone ninjas your dungeon group or is rude in the dungeon, and you go back to trade or /4 to tell everyone not to group with that person, it’s way more likely that you will just get trolled or put on ignore than for something to actually happen to that person.

2 Likes