[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

We had RDF in wrath. I was there… The sub count dropped in cata because of Heroic Ragnaros. Also the game was at its peak for socialability until LFR was implemented with Dragonsoul.

2 Likes

I’ve ran 20+ dungeons over the last week and the most “social interaction” I get is “gg ty” when it’s over.

Is this what you’re afraid rdf will take away from you?

When I want to socialize while doing dungeons, I hop on discord and ask some friends or guildies to join me. Which I can still do once rdf is added to wotlk.

4 Likes

Exactly, nobody responds, nobody cares and nothing happens to the ninja. These people are deluded.

For wanting to play wrath? I enjoy wrath but once they start to mess with the talent tree and remove hybrid change I no longer like it. Cata onward slowly simplifies the game and makes it a MMOrpg and not a MMORPG.

1 Like

The true crime for me will be, not making permanent wrath classic servers. That i cannot live without. I will be fine without rfd.

1 Like

WotLK is dead. We are getting retail WotLK. Heroic+ 5 mans that no one asked for

Yeah, I saw that. It’s basically a generic M+ that will keep dungeons relevant.

Here I was waiting WotLK, we end up getting WotRetail

1 Like

Yo. You can be kicked for chatting in RDF.

You’re missing the point, too. If a dungeon goes well, and you make a friend, in RDF, if they’re not on your server, relationship over. If it’s without RDF, you add them to your list, you invite them to your next group/guild.

1 Like

Pugging a classic dungeon on retail without happens never, which is to draw attention to the fact that your “don’t like it don’t use it” argument is BS.

1 Like

Thats like saying dont use gems and enchants if you dont like them. Doesnt matter that you are intentionally making yourself weaker overall, which also makes grouped content harder on your group…

1 Like

I agree this is a bad change. Invalidating previous-tier raids is a stupid idea.

Did they confirm this? Last i saw it was being talked about but not confirmed.

A fair comparison is go pug a wotlk dungeon in wotlk classic using LFG after rdf is added.

Now on retail go do the same for a shadowlands dungeon. You will have no problems filling either group.

If I want to pug dungeons using LFG in wotlk after rdf is added, I will have ZERO issues filling my groups.

It’s actually funny that your argument against rdf is that “everybody will use it and I won’t be able to make my own pug groups”. If that was true what does that say about rdf? It’s a popular feature that people would rather use given a choice.

2 Likes

Loot Changes and Heroic Plus Dungeons Coming in Wrath Classic - Wowhead News

About as much of a confirmation as possible.

I’ve seen stories posted about a private server trying to do wrath without the RDF and it failed miserably.

Can anyone confirm this?

They removed RDF with full intent to make a LFG tool to go with their Heroic+. The social experience line was a cover.

8 Likes

it dropped way before heroic rag. youre wrong here.

1 Like

You showing everyone that you’ve never had a thought is interesting.

It’s all starting to make sense…

That’s why the new tool is almost exactly what is used for M+ in retail.

3 Likes