[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

Don’t speak for me. I do not view any interaction with the world as an inconvienience. Flying to the dungeon a couple of times sure no worries… flying to the dungeon everytime is an inconvienience and i don’t care who you are it’s a lie to say auto flying to the dungeon entrance everytime you do a dungeon is not an inconvienience.

Now it might be an enjoyable inconvienience for some people, but i’m not that person… i’d rather be out in the world doing fun things and having random encounters and fun than autoflying to a dungeon entrance.

5 Likes

How do you feel about Dungeon Finder not being added to WotLK Classic?
Might just not play anymore, I found it to be a key to my immense enjoyment of WOTLK.

What do you think are the positives of having Dungeon Finder?
It gives a wide base of players the means to complete content with the minimum of hoops to jump through.

What do you think are the negatives of having Dungeon Finder?
Sometimes you are grouped with idiots, trolls, or whatever. The pros vastly outweigh the cons here.

Do you think an hybrid solution could be implemented, whether it be a partial Dungeon Finder or a different solution altogether, and what could that solution be, if you can think of any?

Maybe, get rid of the raid finder. That seems to be the sticking point with the haters and pug raids are no fun anyway.

7 Likes

They never see how rude and obnoxious they are. He just typed out how he does not value others time and still does not see it as a problem.

1 Like

Just put it back already. This is one of the worst moves and will probably make me quit the freaking game. Not everyone has a handy dandy guild or likes having to be vetted and invited to a group. Just let us play the game like we used to. One of the best things about
Wrath was the dungeon finder. This is just stupid.

7 Likes

Yes, we need RDF.

6 Likes

Raid finder wasn’t even in Wrath. :wink:

3 Likes

It wasnt? Man that was a long time ago.

Still want RDF. :yawning_face:
Would like to level with dungeons as a Mage and my poor 15 Resto Druid someday lol.

6 Likes

Add it.

It was already in WotLK, and the Anti-RDF people will be happy to know that Vanilla WoW is still there for them.

Have fun spamming LFG all day! Because that is totally socializing.

7 Likes

Nope, it wasn’t added until Cata. Anti-lfd trolls like to bring up LFR, but it has nothing to do with Wrath. They just try to change the subject because they can’t actually make an argument against lfd…because there isn’t one.

6 Likes

I guess you missed the part where i always head there EARLY

Im the one is ready to summon when the group is finished forming most of the time.

They dont need to add it.

You should be happy knowing that if you want rdf retail is there to satisfy all your rdf needs.

How do you feel about Dungeon Finder not being added to WotLK Classic?
I very much hate the change. I’ve tried suggestions I’ve seen here to find parties without it (find a guild, /who people)…and honestly sitting in the LFG tool and just running around questing is the easiest way to find a party. And that’s exactly what RDF would do except I’d get teleported to the dungeon. Like guilds on my server are more concerned with 0 exp runs to finish their quests than running the dungeon normally because it takes SO LONG to find 5 players. This effing sucks
What do you think are the positives of having Dungeon Finder?
I would not have to worry about being on a low pop server, DF is xrealm. No need to push into a megaserver when I can thrive on Westfall :slight_smile: this also helps me level alts, there’s nothing worse than not being able to find even a single party to finish your dungeon quests. It also lets me quest while in queue, so now I get a nice break with a dungeon every 30 minutes or so. It would also make it a lot easier to level as non meta specs. It was really difficult finding parties as an enhance shaman when people just wanted mages and locks for something I’ve seen called “spell cleave”. I really just want to be able to play the game freely without having random restrictions placed upon my class.
What do you think are the negatives of having Dungeon Finder?
Hmm. I guess the cross realm access could make it easier to forget folks, but honestly how many people are just playing the game to level 40 and quitting because they can’t find a party? I’ve also never had an issue in FF14 where the xrealm hurt, if anything it just made the data centre your community vs your server which was smaller.
Do you think an hybrid solution could be implemented, whether it be a partial Dungeon Finder or a different solution altogether, and what could that solution be, if you can think of any?
I really enjoyed the RDF back in the day as it was originally implemented. When I was levelling my priest I remember getting the proto drake minion from one of the satchel of helpful goods, and even 15 years later thats still a highlight haha it’s why I waited until wrath to come back to the game, I knew vanilla and TBC weren’t the game for me, and retail is WAY to complex for me to even want to try anymore (I quit back in WOD)

Edit to fix formatting and spelling mistakes, sorry

5 Likes

Necessary? No convenient yes.

And thats your choice but even if only 1/3 of the realm pays attention to the blacklists, thats 33% of people who wont group with a person who earned their spot there. A lasting consequence.

And yet rdf started the gameplay of sit in town in queue and never leave until max level. Especially for tanks and healers.

No they werent. Especially at max level. Emblems of valor is the best emblem available in the game. Thats not crap. It also gives pug groups bonus damage and healing. Bonus experience when leveling. Exc.

Honestly, we all know the tool ruins community. The vocal minority found on forum threads may try to spam otherwise, but not having to spend any time seeking out fellow players to adventure really diminishes the idea behind mmos, which is interaction.

Once you take out the any effort in seeking out others, often groups just say absolutely nothing while trudging along through the dungeon, then leave.

There is no care for people leaving, they are easily replaced. There is no punishment for booting bad apples.

This next generation of gamers just want everything spoonfed to them with minimal effort because they would prefer to spend their day trolling LFG channel instead of using it.

But what’s the point of this thread? No one will read this, you’ll cherry pick posts to match your argument and move on.

Whatev.

I want to see rdf in the game like its supposed to be. If you don’t like rdf then you don’t have to use it.

8 Likes

I did ZF yesterday through the LFG system. I queued up and was invited, then I summoned people, we did the dungeon then left.

Only thing I remember Random Dungeon Finder doing is automating team building and porting you to the dungeon. You also got a bag with loot and extra gold/xp (if I recall correctly).

I can’t think of a negative thing about it.

5 Likes

But…but dont you have 4 new best friends and know the entire backstory of everyone in group!

1 Like

Lol this is one of the saddest “ackchuallee” replies someone could have made.

Few players, if any, have thought “hey, u know that area I walked in for 10 minutes to get to a summoning stone for a dungeon and then hearthed out of? I think I’ll go back there.”

Stop forcing people to play slow. If they wanna level through questing and world exploration, then fine. But needlessly making the game inconvenient for ppl to play does nothing but make u look like a gatekeeper.

Convenience and being able to play how u want is not a bad thing for the game. Please stop acting like it is and using rdf as a convenient scapegoat.

7 Likes

i read your entire post so here we go…

this is pure falsehood, the tool never ruined the community, people ruined the community, cata cost wow subs, and regurgitating the same debunked argument from the anti rdf talking point sheet wont win you any argument or interest in what you are trying to say.

two things on this… that goes more strongly in LFG then it ever did with RDF. having experienced both, i had far more social interaction with far more interesting people in RDF, even having some transfer servers and forming a guild of over 300 through use of RDF. LFG only promotes gatekeeping and toxicity and the 2 times i was able to even find a group in LFG tool, i was barked at, called names for wanting to get mana, and told if i needed on anything in the run i would get vote kicked. yeah, rdf isnt what destroys community, people do.

in my experience, bad apples happen so rarely in RDF that its not really a concern, and yes blizzard failed to provide consequences for being that way in rdf but thats on blizzard, why dont you argue for a consequence instead of removal of the whole tool?

this is almost laughable as im an OG wow player, and most of those i talk to that want RDF are OG wow players, quit trying to blame the millenial twitch raised gamer for the wants of veterans of the game. if anything i would reverse that opinion, in my experience the anti rdf are the toxic folks wanting to gatekeep and are terrified of rdf because they lose most of the crowd theyve been trolling.

i will come straight at you, i will not claim to speak for the community like you do, i will not claim to know every result of every decision blizzard makes, all i claim is to speak from MY experience with world of warcraft, in particular with wrath of the lich king.

this was blizzards chance to really reignite to wow flame and they are blowing it, and just to be clear… the forum council DOES read these but will only put forth the noisest well spoken posts to the moderators then up to through the steps… your whatev attitude certainly shows what generation you hail from though.

have a great day.

10 Likes